Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Hostus.us
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Hostus.us

KavexKavex Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

Greetings,

I like to tell you about my experiences with Hostus.us. I’ve been with them for a little over four months now and I can tell you I’ve had fantastic service. I currently have two virtual private servers with them. The load times on the servers are very quick and connection speeds are fast. They are a small hosting service out of Atlanta.

I don’t think I've had any customer service that quite matched what Hostus has given me. The technical support personnel I've always dealt with is Alexander M. This is great because I’m not dealing with a random support person every time I reply to the ticket. It’s also very scary because I don’t think Alexander ever sleeps because he usually responds to my tickets within minutes. I have opened up tickets in different times of the day and he seems be the one to respond to them within a very short waiting time.

Alexander has gone above and beyond for me to assist with my issues. My very first ticket with them was I was having issues with the network connection of my virtual private server. He checked all the switches, nodes, and any other technical term that fits. He spent two days given me regular reports on how my server was doing. Most hosting’s will respond to your ticket after 24 hours and tell you they didn’t find anything and if it happens again to open up another ticket.

I can tell you that the hosting as well as the customer service that is given is definitely a premium service. The funny thing is when I was looking at the deal last December on LEB. I thought to myself that it might not be a very good service since they were offering a 3GB RAM for only $7. Well I can definitely tell you that I was wrong in the service is worth every penny.

My Rating: 9/10

Site: http://hostus.us/

Alexander truly get come sleep because how fast you respond to my ticket is scary sometimes.

Old review: http://pastebin.com/Uy7bLzqn

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

Is this a paid review? You just joined today and this review is your first post.

• KavexKavex Member
    edited April 2014

@namhuy said:
    Is this a paid review? You just joined today and this review is your first post.

No! I just wanted to show my support because they have been kind to me

I also wouldn't say my writing is worth paying for anything

and yes I only joined to post this because I normally just lurk on LEB/LET.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

Paragraphs, please.

Also;

@Kavex said:
    I also wouldn't say my writing is worth paying for anything

People have paid for far worse reviews that this.

• KavexKavex Member

@Nekki said:
    Paragraphs, please.

Also;

People have paid for far worse reviews that this.

Sorry!

I split things up but I'll revise more later

• NekkiNekki Veteran

The paragraphs help massively, cheers.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

I've had various accounts with HostUS in the past. Alexander was always quick to respond to support requests and seemed committed & hosting was always stable. I would recommend them.

@Kavex said:
    I don't think this person sleeps because I've sent in tickets in different times of the day and he is always on top in responding to me within the hour usually within minutes.

yeah this ^^^

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you for the kind review and also kind words from @HostNun

• AmitzAmitz Member

Dear Alexander,

I just wonder: AS25926 seems to be unused. Just one example: http://bgp.he.net/AS25926
    Do you use another ASN for your services in the meantime?

Kind regards
    -A

@Amitz said:
    Dear Alexander,

I just wonder: AS25926 seems to be unused. Just one example: http://bgp.he.net/AS25926
    Do you use another ASN for your services in the meantime?

Kind regards
    -A

We are switching to our own network (on said ASN) this week with ipv6 as well.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @AlexanderM said:

This is the main thing I'm waiting for actually.

@darknyan said:
    This is the main thing I'm waiting for actually.

Should be done by Friday.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • Unfortunately the network seems to have slowed down a bit - otherwise everything is great.
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2134.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 6144 MB Total amount of swap : 6144 MB System uptime : 10 days, 15:47, Download speed from CacheFly: 56.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.67MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.21MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 380KB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 624KB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 541KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 401KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.04MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 528KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.88MB/s I/O speed : 228 MB/s

@daveshah said:
    Unfortunately the network seems to have slowed down a bit - otherwise everything is great.
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2134.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 6144 MB Total amount of swap : 6144 MB System uptime : 10 days, 15:47, Download speed from CacheFly: 56.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.67MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.21MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 380KB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 624KB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 541KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 401KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.04MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 528KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.88MB/s I/O speed : 228 MB/s

That dosent look right, have you submitted a ticket?

Alexander

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited April 2014

i also have had a vps with HostUs, unfortunately that time the network particularly to Asia are quite slow. So I asked for a refund. (After try to recheck and solve the problem, ofcourse). And @AlexanderM kindly give the refund no question asked. The problem was i am in hurry that time, and need a vps to work flawlesly asap. I believe HostUs is a good Provider, just my bad luck. The support are Great, btw!

• AlexanderM said: That dosent look right, have you submitted a ticket?

Submitted now

• Do you own your hardware, @AlexanderM?

@iceTwy said:
    Do you own your hardware, AlexanderM?

Most our hardware + switch is owned, if i recall correctly we have 1/2 cPanel nodes still on rented hardware.

Alexander

• HostUS BSolutions LTD.

@AlexanderM

check your website footer

@sirmbhe @daveshah If you are still having slow speeds or slow network from asia, please contact us with a traceroute to your IP or our test IP (atl-lg.hostus.us)

Thanks

• They've now fixed their network

Download speed from CacheFly: 83.4MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 73.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 55.6MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.86MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12.7MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.57MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 17.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 20.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 47.5MB/s

• @Jack said:
    Which part of Asia?

At that time was Singapore and Indonesia. Speed was around 500KBps. Even using ssh are slow that moment.