Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me about slipstreaming the virtio drivers into iso
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me about slipstreaming the virtio drivers into iso

rostinrostin Member
edited April 2014 in Help

I have no problem with virtIO driver installed via solusVM, but this box only allows one mounted ISO at same time, so I've followed the setup guides on internet, and I've successfully inserted virtIO driver into original Windows server 2008 ISO, but when I install Windows I still got error 'No drivers were found'

VPS type: KVM

Original ISO: Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit

VirtIO driver: http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/virtio-win-0.1-74.iso

The guide I've followed to rebuild the image: http://joshrestivo.com/?p=17 and I was able to build the new bootable ISO without problems.

Please help if I've done something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• just copy the drivers into a folder in the iso and select that to load drivers on install

Thanked by 1seikan
  • rostinrostin Member
    edited April 2014

@peppr Thanks for the info, should I put the drivers in the ISO's root directory then build the ISO without touching the install.wim and boot.wim files ?

EDIT: this works perfectly without touching any files, thanks again!

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • peppr said: just copy the drivers into a folder in the iso and select that to load drivers on install

Thanks a lot. I was having the same problem with Windows 7!

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @rostin @seikan You can also unmount the windows iso and load the virtio when you need to load the drivers and then remount windows iso again to continue installation. I normally do this way since kvm iso's cant be altered by users

• @peppr I'm using VULTR, only one ISO allowed and switching ISO will forcing a reboot.