Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone been having this in tickets lately?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone been having this in tickets lately?

PhilNDPhilND Member
edited May 2012 in General

Had multiple tickets with this... anyone else had/seen this before? Is their a WHMCS exploit going around?

http://pastebin.ca/2144691

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

header('Location: tubgirl.com');
    exit();

Francisco

• AsadAsad Member

I had a few of these at my installation a few weeks back, just add a spam control filter to block them.

The exploit doesn't work if your WHMCS is up to date.

• yomeroyomero Member

So if my ticket says {php} will get blocked lol :D

• AsadAsad Member

@yomero said: So if my ticket says {php} will get blocked lol :D

Why would a client ever email you with "{php}evaL(base64_decode..."? Chances are it's going to be spam.

• yomeroyomero Member

@AsadHaider said: Why would a client ever email you with "{php}evaL(base64_decode..."? Chances are it's going to be spam.

Yes I know, just is funny :P

• debugdebug Member

If you actually read more of the paste, you would of seen that the OP already did that.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@debug said: If you actually read more of the paste, you would of seen that the OP already did that.

oh yaa sorry :)

• VictorVictor Member

Yea, we had one of those a couple weeks back.

• AldryicAldryic Member

I have a hook in place that compares the IP that submitted the attempted exploit against recent client login records. It's always amusing to hear the stories of "I wasn't trying to do anything bad" :P

• there are talks on 0day exploit that gives you free vps on xen without paying. Affects all xen system.

• @cosmicgate said: there are talks on 0day exploit that gives you free vps on xen

via WHMCS?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@cosmicgate said: there are talks on 0day exploit that gives you free vps on xen without paying. Affects all xen system.

Ehhhh seems suspicious. Because I doubt this new fantastic 0day will work with solus, HyperVM, VirtPanel, Virtuozzo etc. Just no way one 0day will work with all the modules.

• It should be from whmcs. these guys are selling the exploit at 500 dollars.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@cosmicgate said: It should be from whmcs. these guys are selling the exploit at 500 dollars.

So basically you get free VPS for $500?

• AsadAsad Member

@vedran said: So basically you get free VPS for $500?

Haha yeah I don't see the point really why you'd want to pay so much.

• SpencerSpencer Member

The free VPS thing is not real.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited May 2012

@AsadHaider said: Haha yeah I don't see the point really why you'd want to pay so much.

500 / Number of Xen VPS hosts, let's say, 1000.
    1000 * 1000 emails/minute for... a couple hours, before it's noticed

0.00001% buy the crap advertised at $10 -> 1200 * 10 = $12000 every two hours.

Multiply that a few days.
    ???
    Profit!

$500 for all of that, not bad.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited May 2012

I see how that can be (ab)used if there is such exploit, I was just pointing that 500/n !=0, even if n->∞

• AsadAsad Member

@ElliotJ said: $500 for all of that, not bad.

Didn't consider spamming :P never come across that problem

People who buy that crap shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2012

@vedran said: 500/n !=0, even if n->∞

Well but lim n->∞ (500/n) = 0 ;-)

Also if you find the bug & write the exploit yourself you won't have to pay the 500$ :P

• CINIPACCINIPAC Member
    edited May 2012

We are receiving about 1 or 2 tickets a week with this content.

It's an exploit for a vulnerability in WHMCS which was fixed during an WHMCS update in December 2011. If you're running an up-to-date version of WHMCS, you simply can delete this tickets.

• PhilNDPhilND Member

@Dotvps, your hook fixed it!

@Everyone else, it was just a bit annoying.. over 100 tickets with this in. eh.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@PhilND said: @Everyone else, it was just a bit annoying.. over 100 tickets with this in. eh.

jeez =\