Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets All Grow Up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lets All Grow Up

SpencerSpencer Member
edited May 2012 in General

I think I can preach for a lot of people here, I am tired of all the banter going on. So what if two websites have almost the same content, welcome to the internet. Im going to get a lot of grief for this but @taipres is holding his own against you all. But lets just stop this now. Who cares, because I dont. In the past week I have seen prob 8 threads get derailed. So lets just all grow up and stop this banter? Sound like a good idea? Thanks, I know im smart :p

Here is a youtube video to help everybody!

Now you feel much better? Good. Now Stop!

Comments

• You do realise this is going to end up exactly like the other threads?

Thanked by 3ElliotJ maxexcloo nabo
  • SpencerSpencer Member

@Daniel said: You do realise this is going to end up exactly like the other threads?

Nope it wont... hopefully

• AldryicAldryic Member

It will. There are many factors, but a single catalyst. And that catalyst has proven ignorant to reform. Don't waste your time.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

Only way to stop it is to just stop these threads, let it pass.

You don't end a storm by creating a cloud.

• yomeroyomero Member

Awwwww new spam thread!!! Yeah.

Ok, just kidding. Ahm, yes, I am tired too of these kids and some useless threads. That's why I prefer to avoid posting like before.

• SpencerSpencer Member

This thread was closed earlier. Hmm weird.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Aldryic Why hate on the catalyst? ;)

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Aldryic surely you are old enough to just ignore the catalyst? If you rise to the bait everytime they can continue.

@taipres simply sees a community he likes going down hill, its admiral that he is trying to change things for the better, but may be going about things in slightly the wrong way!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Spam.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@httpzoom said: @Aldryic surely you are old enough to just ignore the catalyst? If you rise to the bait everytime they can continue.

It's difficult to ignore threads repeatedly being derailed. I also happen to enjoy this community, and if someone wants to talk shit I have no issues standing up to call them out on it.

@httpzoom said: @taipres simply sees a community he likes going down hill, its admiral that he is trying to change things for the better

He's done nothing but insult the community. His little website is akin to LEB... there's pretty much no interaction, and no 'community' such as the commentary base or LET-style forums. So, how would trying to trump up a read-only site do anything for a community he "likes"? Or are we forgetting the fact that his first post was "fuck you guys, your site sucks, and you suck for staying there"?

@httpzoom said: but may be going about things in slightly the wrong way!

I honestly can't tell here if you're having trouble conveying the severity of the concept, or are trying to defend the kid's actions.

Its a forum, threads get derailed all the time. If you were going to be a be a great mod etc. then being above the silly derails and getting involved in arguments would be best.

People deal with issues in different ways, I've talked to @taipres and he really is just disappointed with the way LET has gone and tried his best to do anything he could to go back to the "old ways". The way he tried to do that was starting his own. Its like LEB, but he does a mini-review etc.

I'm not defending or justifying. I'm simply mature enough to understand WHY he is doing what he is doing and the reasons behind that.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@httpzoom said: I'm simply mature enough

But not mature enough to resist attempt to slip in a veiled insult or two, eh? :P

Kudos to you for trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, to be blunt, you're either incredibly naive, or full of shit. No offense.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: It will. There are many factors, but a single catalyst. And that catalyst has proven ignorant to reform. Don't waste your time.
    @CVPS_Chris said: Spam.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

Outsider perspective: You're all a little paranoid, quick to judgement, trigger happy with posts, and in some way immature.

At times I am all of the above myself, such is life. For most of you, your weakness in these areas appears to be this forum itself. Perhaps that comes with time spent here, but it doesn't change what it is. I wouldn't defend myself if I caught myself acting paranoid, judging people based on past experiences with unrelated people (that sounds specific but oddly it's not, that seems to be a common thing here), being quick to insult, or just generally being immature in an inappropriate way.

Take it for what it is. You're all cool with me, I've no beef with any of you. But this place has taken a toll on all of you and for one brief moment I'm going to let you all know that I notice it. If you find what I say insulting, you can add "incapable of reading" to the list because honesty when it isn't flattering is not an insult. Disagree, but my observations are as independent as you're going to get here. I don't "need" anything from anyone here, I haven't been chatting with you for a long time, and I am not involved in your drama.

Now, expect zero serious posts from me for a week. You don't know how hard it is for me to keep a straight face.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

This thread is no better then the others, What did you think this would solve by creating the thread.

• NateN34NateN34 Member

Pokes @taipres

@Aldryic veiled threat?? not sure about that at all

• AldryicAldryic Member

@httpzoom - Veiled insult. I said nothing about a threat. Please be more cautious in reading for context before making a reply.

It isn't a veiled insult. In my opinion you lack maturity needed to run a very successful business :)

• SpencerSpencer Member

@httpzoom said: It isn't a veiled insult. In my opinion you lack maturity needed to run a very successful business :)

Yup because BuyVM is not successful at all

@PytoHost that would be what you define as success! If your sights are low enough anything is a roaring success! Personally I'd never consider 2 racks and 2 gig-e lines a success... But that is just me!

• SpencerSpencer Member

Quite a few nodes if I do say so myself http://buyvmstatus.com/