Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubiquity Cancelling our services! Make Backups!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubiquity Cancelling our services! Make Backups!

Hello,

We got email from Ubiquity that they canceling our services as a result of SPAM one of our clients,

As they said its violation of there TOS.

I got that email at 11PM when i was already a sleep. Now its 1:30 PM not even 24h i did open ticket to our client but he didnt respond to it so i suspended the VPS.

I have no words they know im doing cloud vps hosting but looks like they dont really care you cant never have everything clean you will always get some clients that will bypass the TOS

And before you say well you selling lots ips... the client had 2 ip's on he's VPS

"Daniel,

We have received additional new complaints in regards to this server with the exact same abuse patterns and content, indicating that this abuse issue has not been resolved and is continuing to occur. Per management decision, this server will be cancelled and removed from your account due to repeated Terms of Service Violations, per section 6 of our Acceptable Use Policy. This decision is final and no refunds will be issued in relation to this service. Additionally, your account will be reviewed by our billing team for possible additional bulk email sending, in which case your billing terms will be adjusted to the bulk emailing rate for dedicated IP ranges.

Thank you,

-Henry R
Technical Support"

We are sorry about that nothing really we can do right now we looking for another provider, For now if you want to stay with us we offer Canadian DDOS Protected VPS at www.SetupVPS.net

Kinda Regards,
Daniel CEO & President of SetupVPS

Comments

• jonbyrnejonbyrne Member
    edited April 2014

Just go this email, go back up if you need too!

Hello,

We got email from Ubiquity that they canceling our services as a result of SPAM one of our clients,

As they said its violation of there TOS.

"Daniel,

We have received additional new complaints in regards to this server with the exact same abuse patterns and content, indicating that this abuse issue has not been resolved and is continuing to occur. Per management decision, this server will be cancelled and removed from your account due to repeated Terms of Service Violations, per section 6 of our Acceptable Use Policy. This decision is final and no refunds will be issued in relation to this service. Additionally, your account will be reviewed by our billing team for possible additional bulk email sending, in which case your billing terms will be adjusted to the bulk emailing rate for dedicated IP ranges.

Thank you,

-Henry R
    Technical Support"

We are sorry about that nothing really we can do right now we looking for another provider, For now if you want to stay with us we offer Canadian DDOS Protected VPS at www.SetupVPS.net

Kinda Regards,
    Daniel CEO & President of SetupVPS

[two threads are merged]

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Lolcats, sadface for all impacted clients.

• This system sucks.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Very unprofessional of you.

• @setupvps you seriously need to review your offerings to avoid to minimize the chance of this thing happening again.

• I'm more surprised Ubiquity kicked you out for spamming/mass mail, well it's good to see them finally take action after so many years.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Let's cut to the chase and tell it as, you shouldn't really be taking people's money while you learn the trade.

You've shown in other threads that you're out of your depth (I recall the last time you had an issue with Ubiquity you bargaining tactic was to threaten them with a bad review), just call it a day and toss people the refunds they deserve.

Thanked by 2raindog308 MannDude
  • It makes me wonder how much effort you put in making sure that the IP's stay clean and how active you were communicating with the blacklisting sites. I think that Ubiquity got tired of having to take care of it themselfs and they just showed you the door. This is will happen with your next providers too @setupvps unless you take control of the situation and get informed about blacklists before the provider does.

this service might helps you out http://mxtoolbox.com/services_servermonitoring2.aspx

Goodluck.

• @Mark_R We had only 4 Abuse tickets at ubiquity.

• @setupvps said:
    Mark_R We had only 4 Abuse tickets at ubiquity.

4 too much apparently

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • wychwych Member

@setupvps said:
    Mark_R We had only 4 Abuse tickets at ubiquity.

Do you use any anti-fraud systems before processing orders?

• @wych Maxmind +Hostbill+ID

They guy that did the spamming living in USA :(

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@setupvps said:
    wych Maxmind +Hostbill+ID

They guy that did the spamming living in USA :(

Unlucky, I'd get FraudRecord in place as things such as SPAM show up there, Maxmind is more fraud based.

• If you wanted to continue business, as a show of good faith, you should pick up a few Backupsy, Fliphost/Cloudshards, or BuyVM storage VMs and backup all your customers' VMs for them. Then they get access to their data, you get time to get a new server, and you can quickly restore the customers' backups with no penalty on them.

• @rajprakash servers still active, Ubiquity provide backups if needed for now clients can backup them self

• said: I have no words they know im doing cloud vps hosting but looks like they dont really care you cant never have everything clean

It seems less that they don't care, and more that you don't know how to monitor/stop the problem.

• sorry forgot to tag @setupvps

Glad to see they are handling it well and not just letting people find out when it stops working like some other have. It is a shame there is not some blacklist of clients that could be shared to stop genuine clients & hosts getting shafted.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

@jonbyrne said:
    sorry forgot to tag setupvps

Glad to see they are handling it well and not just letting people find out when it stops working like some other have. It is a shame there is not some blacklist of clients that could be shared to stop genuine clients & hosts getting shafted.

FraudRecord. 99% of hosts use it, seems setup vps was that other 1%

• @jonbyrne allow me to merge this thread with more active one.

Thanked by 2jonbyrne badpatrick
  • FraudRecord nice option but Hostbill dont have integration they have it only for WHMCS

• Just a tip, don't allow people to even use mail ports on those small plans :)

• setupvps said: FraudRecord nice option but Hostbill dont have integration they have it only for WHMCS

Is that a kvm node?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Just a tip, don't allow people to even use mail ports on those small plans :)

That's a crappy tip, now I shouldn't send email on low end services? What about rate limiting and monitoring his ranges for blacklists?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Nyr said:
    That's a crappy tip, now I shouldn't send email on low end services?

I'm not saying to block external servers etc. You can always send via Gmail/other email providers. :)

It's pretty much an industry standard rule to prevent spam from "dirtying" your IP ranges.

$1.20 VPSs with lots of IPs are a haven for spammers!

0xdragon said: It's pretty much an industry standard rule to prevent spam from "dirtying" your IP ranges.

It is (kinda) a standard for domestic ranges, not for servers. And yeah, I can use third party providers, but I can use my server too and that's my choosing.

I send tons of emails from my own boxes and there is nothing wrong with that, my addresses are clean and not dirty at all, they got excellent reputation.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@Nyr said:
    I send tons of emails from my own boxes and there is nothing wrong with that, my addresses are clean and not dirty at all, they got excellent reputation.

I'm talking about @SetupVPS's service specifically. Not everyone is as nice as you and keeps their mail clean and tidy to prevent blacklisting. I'd love to have you as a customer if what you're saying is true. But other people...

I'm sure you understand that spammers love cheap services that (unwittingly) allow for mass spamming? :)

Instead of blocking the mail ports, maybe an SMTP relay would work for you, @SetupVPS?

EDIT: Also, HostUS/Vultr/Incero (through Wable) come to mind as blocking mail on their smallest plans :)

0xdragon said: I'm sure you understand that spammers love cheap services that (unwittingly) allow for mass spamming? :)

Yeah, that's obviously a problem, specially when offering many IPs associated with the product.

0xdragon said: Instead of blocking the mail ports, maybe an SMTP relay would work for you, @SetupVPS?

It is a decent solution for the provider but some customers won't be so happy. Anyway better than getting a box suspended, for sure.

• wychwych Member

@Nyr said:
    It is a decent solution for the provider but some customers won't be so happy. Anyway better than getting a box suspended, for sure.

Genuine customers rarely get annoyed with the limits (depending on the rules), however certain providers (DC's) are know to run relays and they can be annoying to work with at times.

@wych said:
    Genuine customers rarely get annoyed with the limits (depending on the rules), however certain providers (DC's) are know to run relays and they can be annoying to work with at times.

Is not about the limits, it's about the relay itself.

• wychwych Member

@Nyr said:

I suppose, I guess it depends what role in any you are playing in the whole structure of the Provider > Host > Service > Client