Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS in Canada with good quality bandwidth..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS in Canada with good quality bandwidth..

Hi

I'm looking for a VPS in Canada, KVM or XEN would be better but OpenVZ can be fine.

Specs like that or better would be ok: 128/256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1core : 100GB traffic per month..

Is there any companies you'd recommend? (Other than OVH if possible).

Had some really positive experience with netelligent but their current cloud offer are too expensive for me, does anyone knows a provider offering vpses in their DC?

Thanks!

Comments

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

As far as I know, there aren't a lot of (low-end) hosts other than OVH in Canada, unfortunately. And in most cases, they resell from OVH. I'm unsure why you'd want to stay away from OVH, but if your focus is on a great network, theirs is pretty good.

There is (was) MyCustomHosting ran by @MCHPhil, but you should consider avoiding them at all costs.

Thanked by 1ben78
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited April 2014

@iceTwy I'm with MCH ( @MCHPhil ) and the VPS has been pretty solid to be fair. Phil doesn't always seem to act the best around here (although people do seem to provoke him), but so far I cannot fault his service.

• I would recommend MyCustomHosting. They have some of the best KVM's I've seen on LowEndTalk. I personally have a couple of boxes and I can vouch.

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

@iKeyZ said:
    iceTwy I'm with MCH ( MCHPhil ) and the VPS has been pretty solid to be fair. Phil doesn't always seem to act the best around here, but so far I cannot fault his service.

Fair enough. It'd be my personal preference to stay away from a host that insults their users and LET as a whole - but that's not the point here.

• We offer VPS'es in Canada aswell, and just check out the link in my signature for our latest promotion, We're in the OVH DC. May I ask you why you don't want OVH?

Thanked by 1Sander
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

I would recommend BeastVM & MyCustomHosting both. For BeastVM you should contact @Sander / @ Floris or for MyCustomHosting @MCHPhil & @W3Host is also one of the new promising providers we have on LET who is offering vps in Canada so you may try him also & let us know about quality of his services :)

Thanked by 1Sander
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

OVH for OVZ and Vexxhost for KVM

Thanked by 1ben78
  • If you can hold out we'll be offering VPS in Vancouver shortly with a network of Peer1 + GTT (with paid cogent peering, no transit). We'll have these online before the end of the week.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

I could swear MyCustomHosting has some heavier form of autism (no offence to people in the autism spectrum) ... he has a distinct lack of empathy for anything other than himself. The guy needs huge red writing on his sign up form that it's 100% unmanaged, no refunds and that he's peer reviewed all his own code so issues can't possibly be 'his end'.

Looking at my list of providers, ssdvps.com , provisionhost.com and servercrate.com VPS I have all are situated around the Toronto area. They're <$3/m over a year.

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Hi

We are located in Montreal and we manage our own network

check our offering here
    https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?gid=32

Thanks

Thanked by 1ben78
  • @iceTwy said:

What exactly did he say?

• ben78ben78 Member

Thanks for your answers.

I wanted to stay away from OVH as their network was not so good when I tried it some time ago, and I'm looking for a provider with a good international bandwidth.
    I could try their DC again though, even if I'd prefer to give my money to a smaller, canadian provider.

I'll check the different offers anyway - I didn't expect so many possibilities.
    Thanks!

• What price you looking?

We dont have lower package as you asking but you can take a look at our production website setupvps.net

• @setupvps - Ooo

• @setupvps said:
    What price you looking?

We dont have lower package as you asking but you can take a look at our production website setupvps.net

Then again, you're in Beauharnois and you have DDoS protection. You're hosted at OVH for sure ;)

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • @iceTwy Yes as ben said he may be want to try them again.

• @setupvps - Test IP please? What kind of ddos protection provided? Feels like another OVH reseller for sure :) All of them brave about ddos protection red highlighted..

• @fitvpn As i sad we using OVH there im pretty sure there no reason to provide IP.

If you go to order page you will see what we provide as DDOS Protection

• Why does every provider start with OpenVZ? :( Please spend some more time learning bridged setup & start with KVM for a change!!!!!!!!

edited April 2014

@setupvps said:
    fitvpn As i sad we using OVH there im pretty sure there no reason to provide IP.

If you go to order page you will see what we provide as DDOS Protection

Such cheap prices & including 4 IPs per VPS, you surely love spammers, don't you?

• Cheap and good don't often come together. In Canada, if you want cheap look at an OVH Beauharnois provider. If you want good, try Sevarica and LFCVPS.

• @sleddog said:
    Cheap and good don't often come together.

You can say that if you buy a vps directly from their Classic VPS offerings but I have seen OVH resellers offering probably 50x better quality than OVH does.So I disagree with you on this.But yes one thing is true that those OVH resellers don't offer VPS in LEB price range.

• K2Bytes said: So I disagree with you on this.

Well, "cheap" and "good" are relative terms, open to individual interpretation, so we can disagree and it's OK :)

• @K2Bytes We provide Subnet and if u go to order page you will see we do not allow spamers

• @sleddog said:

Yes sure we can but only thing I wanted to say was their are people do who offer very high quality VPS using OVH's infrastructure.

• @K2Bytes - Just wonder, how to reseller provide 50X better quality at the same network vs their father? :)

• @setupvps said:
    K2Bytes We provide Subnet and if u go to order page you will see we do not allow spamers

What I meant I say is that selling servers at such cheap prices with multiple IPs you are sure to attract lot of spammers.

• @K2Bytes Well im not sure spammers like to provide ID :)

edited April 2014

@fitvpn said:
    K2Bytes - Just wonder, how to reseller provide 50X better quality at the same network vs their father? :)

OVH still uses older opterons whereas I have seen their resellers using E5 v2 processors & not overloading the node? Imagine what would be the experience if a node with E5v2 processor has maximum of 10 or 12 VMs. So seriously 50x better than those OVH vps with 5-10 Mb/s DD benchmarks.