Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider can deliver the production-ready servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider can deliver the production-ready servers?

It is a little bit insane to run production servers in LEB, but I will first ask here before getting my Amazon gift card ready.

What I want for the providers:

• Private Network, my neighbor cannot sniff my traffic, and the internal traffic should not count against my bandwidth quota.
  • floating IP support for load balancing, basically it allow HAProxy to bind non-local IP address
  • Allow servers to deploy to different physical hosts
  • Optional: flexible allocation of storage and bandwidth. With centralized syslog, only DB server and log server requires lots of storage; only the load balancer requires lots of bandwidth.
  • Optional: would be nice if you can provide multiple Available Zones(AZ) in the same DC.
  • Out of scope:
    • cross DC availability is not required
    • anycast DNS is not required.

I am still in the early stage development, just shop around to see the options.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@bookstack said:
    It is a little bit insane to run production servers in LEB

Agreed.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

Well depends on what you are doing. Just a website or two that isn't real serious any LEB is fine. But if you need something cloudy like that toy could check iwStack. Or pick a more expensive host like Linode.

• said: It is a little bit insane to run production servers in LEB

Disagree. There are lots of hosts here who do a damn fine job. If you want features (like HA) that are beyond basic server config, then you need to consider paying for them. And once you do, you move outside the lowend concept.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • The cloud computing is more suitable to handle the over-night success or ad-hoc offline batch, which is not the user cases I am going after.

• @sleddog said:

Unfortunately, HA is very essential for any service with seriousness.

• I believe SeFlow had something.

iwStack is still the #1 option though.

Thanked by 1netomx