Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Chat Software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Live Chat Software

SpencerSpencer Member
edited May 2012 in General

Well I am on the looks for new live chat software. Im currently using zopim but everybody uses that and I personally dont really like it. So im looking for a new solution. Im looking for 2 agents under $20/m with SSL. The SSL is very important. I have a mac so any windows desktop live chat is out of the question. So any help would be great.

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

Olark

• jhjh Member

Above your budget but www.livechatinc.com is the best I've seen.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

Olark works great!

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited May 2012

IRC ;) But on a serious note, I recommend Olark.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@jtodd said: Above your budget but www.livechatinc.com is the best I've seen.

That used to be good, but I don't really like the new layout. It used to be very good but way way way too expensive.

I personally use Zopim Free Edition since only I use it, it works fine but the client is based on Adobe Flash which doesn't work too well on many systems.

Olark seems interesting, I guess I should try it out..

• vps6netvps6net Member

@jtodd said: Above your budget but www.livechatinc.com is the best I've seen.

Agreed, we'll be moving to LiveChat Inc within a few weeks.

• SpencerSpencer Member

I was looking at olark but you have to get the $44/m plan for SSL. That is a little expensive. But not bad.

• Also how about Livezilla?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@TheHackBox said: Also how about Livezilla?

I have a mac so its a no go.

But I have found http://www.phplivesupport.com/ doesnt look bad and is cheap.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Can't afford live support XD

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM said: Can't afford live support XD

Live support doesn't have to be paid.

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Infinity said: Live support doesn't have to be paid.

Now that comm100 is paid, nothing good left free wise.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Infinity said: Live support doesn't have to be paid.

Sure it does... either I have to do it (IE: my time is money) or I pay someone to do it and at $1.99 /Mo. the average conversation would be 5 minutes before I'd start loosing money LOL

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

We do Zopim and then make money when our customers want it for their business / website. We actually got accepted to their reseller program so can do it at like 25% off

• SpencerSpencer Member

@BlueVM said: Sure it does... either I have to do it (IE: my time is money) or I pay someone to do it and at $1.99 /Mo. the average conversation would be 5 minutes before I'd start loosing money LOL

Unless you pay yourself you wouldn't be loosing money unless live chat is keeping you away from a real job. Live chat can actually make you ALOT of money.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

@PytoHost: Limestone offers a 20% discount on Olark :) . Do PM me if you'd like to know the link.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@PytoHost said: Unless you pay yourself you wouldn't be loosing money unless live chat is keeping you away from a real job. Live chat can actually make you ALOT of money.

I'm in the Navy, that being said I also have tickets, programming and a wife XD

• TaylorTaylor Member

There's me thinkIng you were on the air force :p

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

I personally hate Zopim. Every site I visit that has it either runs horribly slow or crashes my browsers (different browsers, different PCs, different networks, same results). LiveZilla gets my vote but you're not running Windows (emulator?) then one of the WHMCS add-ons would be best.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Kujoe,

Thats interesting. What OS / Browser you using?

• gsxgsx Member
    edited May 2012

Why not find a open source script and run it on your own system? I don't find the concept of paying $20 a month or above when Livezilla or Mibew exist or countless others exist.

• SpencerSpencer Member

@gsx said: Why not find a open source script and run it on your own system? I don't find the concept of paying $20 a month or above when Livezilla or Mibew exist or countless others exist.

Livezilla cost $$ now and Mibew isnt bad just not feature filled. I tried Mibew but it wasn't my favorite. Comm100 was my favorite free solution as it had sooo many features but now it is super expensive.

• AldryicAldryic Member

Free is nice and all.. but why not just budget the software in as an operational cost?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Aldryic said: Free is nice and all.. but why not just budget the software in as an operational cost?

That is what we are doing. With the 20% off olark coupon I might just go with olark.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@httpzoom said: Thats interesting. What OS / Browser you using?

Fedora 9-12, Windows XP, Windows 7
    IE8, IE9, Chrome, and Opera.

I don't remember the last time I was on a site with Zopim though, if somebody wants to link me I can test it out again.

• @Jacob said: @KuJoe Clicky Clicky.. ;)

On front page, my account and chat links don't work.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

i use clickdesk so far so good.. use gtalk/skype account, so i can keep online even if i'm mobile.