Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS Support

About 1 and a half years ago, UGVPS had a promo, $12 for 6 months. Back then their customer service was great, and Crystal would always reply to my tickets within 4 hours. I was very happy with them back then so eventually, I had over 20 VPSs with them on that promo. Sometimes Crystal would give me additional discounts as well since I was a bulk buyer. Even gave me a free lifetime server which still works to this date.

One of my main VPS that hosts an important dev database of mine was suspended due to over due on payment. I was not aware that this box would expire this month, as I have over 20 boxes with them, so it's little hard to keep track, especially since the hostnames are not the same as in WHMCS. I requested them to update the host names in WHMCS 3 months ago and that ticket is still escalated.

I stopped planning on renewing my services about 4 months ago and let the boxes expire/terminate one by one.

I know it's my fault for not taking a more recent backup,

All I asked for was them to unsuspend this box for a few hours so I can gather my files and leave.

I even offered to pay the $12 for another 6 months.

The invoice for this VPS is merged with invoices for other VPS's as well. The only thing the support operator does is escalate the ticket. It has been escalated for almost 4 days now with no reply.

I opened another ticket earlier today asking how long it usually takes for the escalated tickets to get replied to, and they just deleted the ticket. (Not close the ticket, they deleted it).

Picture of Invoice: http://i.imgur.com/4EYxDjn.png

Picture of my fist ticket: http://i.imgur.com/1llWU4y.png

Picture of second ticket asking for them to split invoice: http://i.imgur.com/6Mmyj2n.png

I understand that you can't expect fast support when your paying $12/year, but most companies that advertise here give pretty good support, you usually get replies in a few hours or at most 24 - 48 hours.

UGVPS has gone very downhill since I first used them.

I doubt I'll be getting my database back.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Important dev database? Cheap vps?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

'Crystal'

Thanked by 2MannDude Rapta
  • @TheRedFox said:
    People from India don't understand you, rephrase your question please in max 3 words so we can escalate it to the right department

Why do you have to be racist? I am not an Indian but I know lot of support technicians from that country who are really good.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Why do you have to be racist? I am not an Indian but I know lot of support technicians from that country who are really good.

How is he being racist?
    Halve the time there is a language barrier.

• gracagraca Member

recently I also in process of getting ugvps account from @amhoab,

I know ugvps acquired by chicagoVPS, so at least ChicagoVPS support is better than ugvps. but for now its still, slooow.

Calvin Tee, the support operator did response to ticket, but actually that is what he did, just response to your ticket, not doing anything else.

I hope the new owner chicagoVPS could step in quickly, to get things on UGVPS improved.

• @Linkking said:
    How is he being racist? Halve the time there is a language barrier.

No mate, there is no language barrier here.You probably have not been on this board for long enough to know that there are some others like him as well & what they do is whenever there is a bad review regarding ticket/support/communication of any provider they blame it on "Indian" support even if that provider has no Indian support technicians.For me that is racism, but may be not for you.

• davidavi Member

I also have one ticket with them which is Escalated since last 20 days. Lost confidence for any live task on their VPS

• @imtiax said:
    About 1 and a half years ago, UGVPS had a promo, $12 for 6 months. Back then their customer service was great, and Crystal would always reply to my tickets within 4 hours. I was very happy with them back then so eventually, I had over 20 VPSs with them on that promo. Sometimes Crystal would give me additional discounts as well since I was a bulk buyer. Even gave me a free lifetime server which still works to this date.

One of my main VPS that hosts an important dev database of mine was suspended due to over due on payment. I was not aware that this box would expire this month, as I have over 20 boxes with them, so it's little hard to keep track, especially since the hostnames are not the same as in WHMCS. I requested them to update the host names in WHMCS 3 months ago and that ticket is still escalated.

I stopped planning on renewing my services about 4 months ago and let the boxes expire/terminate one by one.

I know it's my fault for not taking a more recent backup,

All I asked for was them to unsuspend this box for a few hours so I can gather my files and leave.

I even offered to pay the $12 for another 6 months.

The invoice for this VPS is merged with invoices for other VPS's as well. The only thing the support operator does is escalate the ticket. It has been escalated for almost 4 days now with no reply.

I opened another ticket earlier today asking how long it usually takes for the escalated tickets to get replied to, and they just deleted the ticket. (Not close the ticket, they deleted it).

Picture of Invoice: http://i.imgur.com/4EYxDjn.png

Picture of my fist ticket: http://i.imgur.com/1llWU4y.png

Picture of second ticket asking for them to split invoice: http://i.imgur.com/6Mmyj2n.png

I understand that you can't expect fast support when your paying $12/year, but most companies that advertise here give pretty good support, you usually get replies in a few hours or at most 24 - 48 hours.

UGVPS has gone very downhill since I first used them.

I doubt I'll be getting my database back.

Don't always choose the cheapest plans around.Go for some reputable provider like Prometeus or Ramnode & you won't have to worry about such things.

• tdaletdale Member

Hello,

I sincerely apologize about what happened to UGVPS. There was a lot learned from that. You should email ChicagoVPS Support for additional assistance on the products and services from UGVPS. Dig The Mine, LLC will be launching VPS services in the near future and we will bring what we've learned from UGVPS to be a high performance VPS Company only using SSD drives. I'm looking to launch this around June/July of 2014. Not sure if this will be ColoCrossing Based or not. I will keep everyone on the forum updated on this though. I will say this, we will not be looking to get the cheapest price out there. Half the issue with UGVPS was we were not making enough money for adequate support after it surpassed what i was able to handle on my own. I want to make sure everyone is going to get the proper support and reliability they are looking for in a hosting company.

Thank you,

Thomas Dale

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • ATHKATHK Member

@digthemine said:

Hope you put the domain name in .. your name this time..

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2014

digthemine said: Hello,

I sincerely apologize about what happened to UGVPS. There was a lot learned from that. You should email ChicagoVPS Support for additional assistance on the products and services from UGVPS. Dig The Mine, LLC will be launching VPS services in the near future and we will bring what we've learned from UGVPS to be a high performance VPS Company only using SSD drives. I'm looking to launch this around June/July of 2014. Not sure if this will be ColoCrossing Based or not. I will keep everyone on the forum updated on this though. I will say this, we will not be looking to get the cheapest price out there. Half the issue with UGVPS was we were not making enough money for adequate support after it surpassed what i was able to handle on my own. I want to make sure everyone is going to get the proper support and reliability they are looking for in a hosting company.

Thank you,

Thomas Dale

When did this happen, and why were the customers not notfied? I was an UGVPS customer and would have appreciated knowing that my personal information is 'now' in the hands of another company.

EDIT: NVM, I knew this sounded all too familiar.

PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release

New Wave NetConnect LLC is pleased to announce they have acquired UGVPS and its assets.

January 26, 2014 - New Wave NetConnect, LLC, an established web hosting innovator and operator of market leader ChicagoVPS, has recently acquired UGVPS. The acquisition will result in dramatic improvements to the customer experience at UGVPS.

New Wave NetConnect, under the management of its CEO, Chris Fabozzi, has acquired the core assets UGVPS. The acquisition allows clients to anticipate better VPS hosting services that are more satisfying than what UGVPS was capable of offering independently. UGVPS customers will now enjoy 24 hour true support services and improved performance.

New Wave NetConnect wants to offer clients of UGVPS better experiences through providing web hosting services and offer these services at prices that are sure to fit within the budget of clients from different parts of the world. In order to provide a streamlined experience, UGVPS clients are being merged with ChicagoVPS effective February 1, 2014. Existing clients will receive another email with more information before the merge occurs on February 1.

New Wave NetConnect, LLC is a well known company that is established in providing the best in high quality web hosting services for clients across the globe. The company uses only the most advanced equipment to ensure every client will receive only the best from the company at prices that are sure to suit anyone’s budget.

About New Wave NetConnect, LLC:

New Wave Netconnect LLC.(NWNX), owns and operates a wide variety of internet based services. The company is headquartered in Buffalo, New York; a private and financially independent company since its inception. NWNX has one goal in mind and that is to ensure that customers receive the personalized professional attention they deserve. Maintaining its headquarters in Buffalo, NWNX operates multiple world-wide points of presence. New Wave NetConnect LLC is the parent of multiple web companies including ChicagoVPS, who are known as one of the largest unmanaged VPS providers out there today. The firm operates datacenters in Chicago, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New Jersey, and Dallas. Offering 24/7 company-wide support, clients are never left helpless. Aware of the demands of today’s fast-moving world, New Wave NetConnect's customer service professionals are always there to serve you.

From January.

• BellaBella Member
    edited April 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    Don't always choose the cheapest plans around.Go for some reputable provider like Prometeus or Ramnode & you won't have to worry about such things.

Yeah. I have tons of boxes from multiple providers here. Back then when I was new to LET I mainly purchased from UGVPS due to it being cheap and they had good support back then.

Ever since they started going down hill I started purchasing from Ramnode/Prometeus/Crissic. They are great.

The only reason I was hosting my dev site on the UGVPS box is because I've been running it on that box since day 1 (Which has been over 1.5 years), and I didn't bother moving it since the uptime was 100% solid and I never had any issues with it.

• tdaletdale Member

@ATHK said:
    Hope you put the domain name in .. your name this time..

All our domain registration is current and in my name.

Thank you,

Thomas

• I had issues with nodes being down here and there. when the company first started it was fine. The excess (mass) flooding of new customer was a bit annoying since it bring ao much issues but even though they still provided service. But when arguments within the same people who either run or want to run it went sour (guessing but its around the ballpark). It was purely a ownership balance of powrr and improper management after a year went emo.

UGVPS was once something of a value, in my opinion. Not anymore. The whole Crystal is a dude or girl or horse and Chris from another company and another company's name mentioning--- its so confusing and stupid.

Have one owner, 2nd have light experts team and hire freelancing geeks for minor things like report and communication between staff. Apart from that I enjoyed the service when I had it. Companies need to stop acting like they are important and more service and I don't except 100% customer service, but in some cases days or even a week of waiting for ticket is a big no no, shows me not only I need to back up and worry but leaves me with moving to new company and not renewing the containers/VPS @ UG'. (RIP)

• @digthemine said:
    Hello,

Thank you,

Thomas Dale

jesus christ, did you take out another loan in someone else name again? why aren't you shamefully bowing out of the web hosting industry?

No one trust this man

• digthemine said: Hello,

Thank you,

Thomas Dale

But you already do sell VPS! Look how much spam comes out of your network already: http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/domain/?search_string=digthemine.com That is super high for 'just a minecraft host'

• NekkiNekki Veteran

DigTheHole LLC

You're welcome.

• tdaletdale Member

@Spencer said:
    But you already do sell VPS! Look how much spam comes out of your network already: http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/domain/?search_string=digthemine.com That is super high for 'just a minecraft host'

I don't have any servers with ColoCrossing anymore. None of that information is accurate.

• tdaletdale Member
    edited April 2014

@texteditor said:
    jesus christ, did you take out another loan in someone else name again? why aren't you >shamefully bowing out of the web hosting industry?

>

No one trust this man

When did that happen? Lmao, why should I? I didn't do anything wrong. I just wanted to get divorced. Apparently, If that was going to be she was going to ruin everything and anything I had. I'm actually quite the victim in this she made me lose my job and a bunch of other crap. I'm actually suing her in court for slander, loss of income, and a few other things.

but hey! thanks for asking my side of the story.

• @digthemine said:
    but hey! thanks for asking my side of the story.

I'd be interested to hear about the entirety of your side of the story, beyond a blanket "she wanted to ruin my life and I lost my job because of her so now I'm the one suing her" statement. Do you have any proof of that? I've seen a lot of evidence supporting her side thus far but nothing from yours.

• digthemine said: I'm actually suing her in court for slander, loss of income, and a few other things.

Go ahead, lay it on us. Seriously. Last time we knew anything about your 'income', it involved running businesses under your father's and ex-wife's names heavily into debt and leaving your customers out in the cold when the scam fell apart. The only way she seemingly could be responsible for your "loss of income" is that it's now a bit harder for you to pretend to be her on IRC/forums/ticketing systems and business dealings now that your whole charade has been uncovered.

• @Nekki said:
    DigTheHole LLC

You're welcome.

much appreciated

• I agree, UGVPS support lately has been absolutely horrible. I used to get much more prompt responses, but now, I hesitate to renew one of my services because 30s tasks have been sitting as tickets for weeks without action.

ChicagoVPS really needs to go in and clean up shop. I filed tickets with them twice on this, and they responded almost immediately saying they'd escalate the issue at UGVPS, but nothing seemed to move any faster. One ticket finally was resolved after a couple of weeks, and a simple WHMCS transfer is still open (and has been for well over a week).

• tdaletdale Member

@texteditor said:
    Go ahead, lay it on us. Seriously. Last time we knew anything about your 'income', it involved running businesses under your father's and ex-wife's names heavily into debt and leaving your customers out in the cold when the scam fell apart. The only way she seemingly could be responsible for your "loss of income" is that it's now a bit harder for you to pretend to be her on IRC/forums/ticketing systems and business dealings now that your whole charade has been uncovered.

My father? Who are you talking about.. it sure as hell isn't me. Sure, stuff was in her name and she didnt care when she was getting money from it everyday. I'm not too sure why it matters to be honest. Let me know where the scam is. didn't get people get what they wanted? Servers are still up and running are they not? The only scam is everyone thought the brain behind it was a female. Do you feel wronged in that? Did you pay for a prostitute and get a male when you wanted a female? No, You bought a VPS server!? Holy **&#. I don't understand how anyone here was wronged by anything i did.

I sold some VPS and worked for a friend for a few months. This isn't an national conspiracy.

Shes pissed off I moved to NY. I told her to come, she didnt want to. This was in august, she decided to stay at her mommies house. She would call and texted me random times every 15 to 30 days begging me to "rent a moving truck" and she wants to be a family again etc. Well after 3 years of her abuse (which i will post pictures of what she did to my face) I'm tired of her games. Since i casted her away and found someone else she wants to go through and completely make sure i cannot do anything but work a dead end job. I was let go at ColoCrossing due to her bullshit she caused which made me miss too much work and i was within 90 days of employment. That pissed me off, So instead of playing the game she plays i submitted Divorce papers in Pennsylvania and when she got those she took me for child support and told court "I disappeared". She knew where i was the entire time! We have court at the end of the month. For my child support and my "alimony". Its ok though. I have my own plan. Crystal should get what she deserves and she will at the end of the month this month when we have court :)

Enjoy it!

• BellaBella Member
    edited April 2014

Just an update on my situation. So upper management finally replied to my ticket. And guess what,

They just terminated my VPS and told me "Why they should unsuspend my VPS so I can recover my data if I don't plan on keeping it with them any more"...

Even though I offered to pay $12 invoice for the 6 months, but they went ahead and terminated it anyways....

I gave them over $500 in business over the past year, and this is what I get...

Anyways I setup rSync on my new server and now have automated daily backups. I guess sometimes you just have to learn lessons the hard way.

Take daily backups on a regular basis. :)

• laaevlaaev Member

Hello,

I have reviewed Imtiax's ticket at UGVPS and it is unfortunate that he is telling a one sided story in order to attempt to justify his frustration. I felt the need to clarify the situation at hand. Essentially his VPS was overdue for over a week so WHMCS automatically terminated it for being overdue, then he came to us after being terminated/overdue saying he wants his VPS back for 24 hours so he can get his backups. At that point, it was already too late as the VPS was automatically terminated for being overdue for 7+ days.

To top it all off, he never submitted a proper cancellation request or provided us with any sort of notice of intent to cancel before the due date, and still expected us to provide him with free temporary access to an overdue VPS (which we would have, if it wasn't already automatically terminated by WHMCS)

I am not here to play the finger pointing game so please don't get me wrong, Imtiax is simply needing someone to be upset at due to him not paying the bill on time which resulted to his data loss, because we do not retain customer data on an overdue service. While I understand his frustration we have followed the same practice that every other web hosting provider would have conducted, we terminate VPS after being overdue for a reasonable amount of time (in Imtiax's case, 7 days/1 week), and when you contact us a week after you're overdue saying you want your data for 24 hours, that is not going to happen, and in his case it just wasn't possible as it was already terminated.