Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hukot.cz - 50% off, lowest package 1.46 € + VAT - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hukot.cz - 50% off, lowest package 1.46 € + VAT

Comments

• trexostrexos Member
    edited April 2014

after @alexvolk change:

Download speed from CacheFly: 3.30MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.78MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 1.47MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.12MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 2.84MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.96MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.08MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.33MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.13MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.05MB/s I/O speed : 363 MB/s

A little improvement, btw I'm NOT on a SSD node^^

• @trexos said:
    A little improvement, btw I'm NOT on a SSD node^^

You'd better contact support, something is not good there with network at all.

• 0xdragon said: @William, if it's not umetered, how much do you actually get? :)

In my exp (some months): 10Mbit.

• @pomayba said:
    France and other EU +/-:

:~# ./speedtest.py --server 3782
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from GTT a.s....
    Hosted by Orange France (Paris) [957.20 km]: 24.319 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 293.61 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 41.81 Mbit/s

I/O is super.

How can you pick the location of your VPS? I'm looking to get one in Paris, but I can't see the option in the order form to do that.

• That's just speedtest from Paris. They aren't hosted in Pariz, only in .cz

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

After debating with myself, I've decided to buy both!

I'll have a go with this one first (as it's on sale) and if it's no good, I'll move over to the Sweden offer :)

Ben does being up a good point though. Which one is better, privacy wise? This one is KVM (I think, so that would be much better in terms of the provider not being able to easily snoop with vzctl).

• sonicsonic Veteran

Anyone here can give me test IPv4 and IPv6

• Sadly I got a bad network one :(

Time to contact support!

• @iceTwy said:

VPS are located only in Czech. It is not possible to choose geo location. FYI: My VPS 1 GB RAM and virtio network ;)

• 0xdragon said: Time to contact support!

Let us know if this will help. I got the same.

• @pomayba said:
    VPS are located only in Czech. It is not possible to choose geo location. FYI: My VPS 1 GB RAM and virtio network ;)

Ah, okay. Too bad! :P

• WorldWorld Veteran

E-mail support is slow..

• @World said:
    E-mail support is slow..

I wouldn't say that, I got a response within 1 hour at 22:30.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@trexos said:
    wouldn't say that, I got a response within 1 hour at 22:30.

Every reply need about 1 hour...

• @World said:
    Every reply need about 1 hour...

How much are you paying?

• WorldWorld Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    How much are you paying?

You want to say"LOWEND"?haha.

• Well I think one hour is great. Even 24 hours should be okay.

• @World said:
    You want to say"LOWEND"?haha.

Well, duh. These guys are an actual web-dev shop as opposed to a one-man show ;)

1 hour is actually pretty decent.

• Apologies for double post, but I was talking to them over ICQ (they're online right now, and quick responses).

@Spirit
    They say that "It may not correspond to the reality test (peers) - unfortunately ... Testni please speedtest.net - has better features and does not burden those same providers. https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli"

They also told me I can get my VAT refunded :)

Thanked by 2World Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon what's interesting is difference in results posted in this thread. I got similar results as those posted by @trexos (1.00MB/s - 3.00MB/s) after optimisation, while @alexvolk posted 10x faster network speeds, but way lower I/O throughput speed.

Most of us are hosted at "Xeon(R) CPU E31235" node while alex seems to have VPS at two nodes (same Xeon and another AMD Opteron) with similar results at both so it must be something else.
    Could it be distro related? (Debian Wheezy 64 bit, virtio here). I am wondering what distros @alexvolk use.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@Spirit said:
    Could it be distro related? (Debian Wheezy 64 bit, virtio here). I am wondering what distros alexvolk use.

That is very true. Perhaps even network driver related? I saw an option for Disk/Network drivers on the settings.

• So how did this thread come on top again instead of sinking?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @rds100 said:
    So how did this thread come on top again instead of sinking?

That was what I was thinking.

• Probably Debian vs Centos?

• @Spirit said:
    Could it be distro related? (Debian Wheezy 64 bit, virtio here). I am wondering what distros alexvolk use.

CentOS with virtio driver.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • oz42oz42 Member

I just have ordered one and have gotten it almost instantly.
    Anyone with no VNC access here? I asked support, but I could have missed one step.
    The web interface looks nice though!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

rds100 said: So how did this thread come on top again instead of sinking?

Secret back-room deals and money changing hands, what else could it be? D:

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

@rds100 - my guess would be that CC owns them. :) j/k

Usual practise at LET in those cases (vultr, yourserver.se... and many other findings by members before) wasn't posting in "set-to-sink" Offers section, but I did it anyway just because I don't want to open the doors to all kind of suspicous "always on the top" offer threads by various company affiliates, friends and sockpuppet accounts.

If this would be shared by @rm_ (for some reason I like to pick you as example! :P ), thread would be on the top of the frontpage for last two days all the time. No one picks "Offer" section for that kind of threads. I did it anyway. That was my own choice.

btw. I really miss that kind of a threads (with new, unknown, worth to discuss about hosts) at lowendbox.com so I may repeat it at LET if I find something really interesting in future. No obligations, tho

• WorldWorld Veteran

ordered one,but install have some problem.

When i enter"Local CDROM",system said"CD Not Found",what's up?

• I don't even see "Local CDROM" option. What I did is to click at "Mount ISO with OS setup" icon and then mounted chosen ISO file.