Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it safe to have multiple dedi at online.net and cancel one of them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it safe to have multiple dedi at online.net and cancel one of them?

I read many thread talking about the billing system of online.net where they will charge you even you canceled the services.

I got one dedi with them and thinking to buy one more. I am just scared, when I cancel one of my dedi, they still charge me for 2 dedi..

I cant cancel my paypal agreement because it would cancel the payment for both dedi.

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

Contact them via ticket to confirm the actions once you have acquired the number of servers you have?

Also make sure you cancel any for the next month before the 20th.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can cancel your server before 20th and you will not be billed next month.

• when I cancel it, it will be instantly canceled or will be canceled at the end of the billing period?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Open a support ticket and ask them.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The simple fact you have to ask this question means something is wrong there. Cancellation of one service should not incur any penalties bearing on another service, even if the ToS says so, it is illegal to hold the data hostage or things like those. The service must be provided as long as it was paid for also, unless you do something against their tos (cancellation cannot be a clause to incur penalties in ToS, like voiding your right to use the service for the remaining contract period).

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I once cancelled a server there about 2 weeks before due date/invoice date but they still kept billing me me, until i disabled the paypal subscription, after that they sent me an email saying they would send a collection agency to my house... never seen anyone though

I had 2 servers (10 euro one) and they removed both of them from my account when i didn't pay for the invoice they've sent me (for the one i had cancelled)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @psycholyzern said:
    when I cancel it, it will be instantly canceled or will be canceled at the end of the billing period?

If you cancel you server before the 20th of the current month your service will be terminated at the 1st of the next one.

If you cancel after the 20th of the current month you will be billed for the next month as well and your service will be terminated at the end of it.

• I contacted them.. thi is their reply

Bonjour, You need to terminate server before the 20th, and server is stopped at the end of the billing period

==

Server's cancellation has to be done from Account > Services (click on your login on top), before the 20th day of the month in order to have it effectively canceled on the first day of the upcoming month.

For example, if you cancel your server before september the 20th, your server will be effectively cancelled at the end of september. If you cancel it after september the 20th and before october the 20th, your server will be effectively cancelled at the end of october.

We remain at your disposal,

Best regards,

Cordialement,

Yann G.

• Cancel it now :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Cancel it now :)

Actually, I planned to buy 1 more dedi from them to try what this

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • As others have said, just cancel before the 20th and you will be ok.

I have 5 servers on Online.net, never has a problem with them.

• @cloromorpho said:
    As others have said, just cancel before the 20th and you will be ok.

I have 5 servers on Online.net, never has a problem with them.

I am aware about it. just, want confirmation because I see some threads complaining the billing system of online.net..

better I make a survey first before doing any action.. right? :)

• @psycholyzern better safe than sorry i guess. xD

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joodle said:
    I once cancelled a server there about 2 weeks before due date/invoice date but they still kept billing me me, until i disabled the paypal subscription, after that they sent me an email saying they would send a collection agency to my house... never seen anyone though

I had 2 servers (10 euro one) and they removed both of them from my account when i didn't pay for the invoice they've sent me (for the one i had cancelled)

Noodle, why do you have problems with providers?

Thanked by 1GM2015