Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should I do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What should I do?

mkz71mkz71 Member

Hi All,

I am out of work for a while now (maybe long).
I am not good at finding a job especially for job interview.
I used to be System Engineer in big telecommunication company.
I really love to work on server and network technology.
I am thinking to start a vps business or technical support.
Anyone has anything suggestion?

Thanks!

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Find a local job that can help you start the vps company that you like.

Starting an online business requires money to stay alive during the first few months/years until you get enough customers to cover the costs and actually make you some profit.

If you really want to start a business, make a business plan that is based on reality.

Thanked by 2george mpkossen
  • @MikHo said:

Starting an online business requires money to stay alive during the first few months/years until you get enough customers to cover the costs and actually make you some profit.

If you really want to start a business, make a business plan that is based on reality.

I agree you need to have a way to fund it but it does apply the 80/20 rule ur going to spend more time planing ur busnesses what customers you want how to handle abuse and so on then it will take to setup the server and website. So keep that in mind. Depending on where you live you should be able to find an IT job pretty fast or at least some free lancy work. Also nothing stops u from offering server setup for super cheap on let. If someone needs help setting up there server they pay you something super small and you just have ur toolkit that installs default packages and security stuff for them.

• If you have the knowledge then why not start up a web hosting company. Be your own boss.

• @MikHo said:

This. I doubt you could build a new VPS provider and have it sustain you financially in less than 12 months.

• tchentchen Member

Not to mention that running a business is a full time job. You'll have little time to work on servers and tech unless you get help or half-ass the business side of things.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tchen said:
    Not to mention that running a business is a full time job. You'll have little time to work on servers and tech unless you get help or half-ass the business side of things.

Hopefully it will be a full time job, probably not in the beginning.