Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN that provides SSL for free?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN that provides SSL for free?

Looking for a good (free) CDN that provides SSL for free. My site already has SSL but was wondering if any CDN offered pass-through for free. 100GB - 150GB of traffic.

Comments

• wychwych Member

I'd like to know this too...

• I don't think your going to get some for free although OVH CDN is pretty cheap and supports SSL

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

"SSL pass-through" makes no sense (else it's not really a CDN that will bring you any improvement in performance, it will only make things worse). What CDNs like Cloudflare do instead, is SSL MITMing (serving your content under their certificate); and strictly speaking in their case it doesn't even matter if your initial site itself has SSL or not.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare is planning to soon offer ssl on their free plan

• Flexible SSL is not real SSL. Traffic can be MITMed.

• Fliphost said: Cloudflare is planning to soon offer ssl on their free plan

Anybody know WHEN this is happening?

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited April 2014

@viCommunications said:
    Looking for a good (free) CDN that provides SSL for free. My site already has SSL but was wondering if any CDN offered pass-through for free. 100GB - 150GB of traffic.

You know that it makes the whole purpose of SSL absurd? (speaking of MITMed traffic)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@viCommunications They just got a large IP allocation from ARIN which was one of the last large steps. It is in progress now