Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GERMANY] - Cheap SSD VPS - New Location in Frankfurt!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GERMANY] - Cheap SSD VPS - New Location in Frankfurt!!

edited April 2014 in Offers

Hi Everyone,

We're really excited to announce the launch of our new Germany SSD VPS plans!

The concept behind Rackburst is simple: Quality, Low-Cost, UK OpenVZ VPS using SuperFast SSD RAID10 disk storage and enterprise-class Intel Xeon Processors.

Our network is monitored 24/7 and our servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. We own our own servers and our own staff members have physically visited the Germany Datacentre recently to install the infrastructure.

Test Server: speedtest-frankfurt.rackburst.net (212.224.105.132)

Test File: http://speedtest-frankfurt.rackburst.net/test.img

Plans Page: http://www.rackburst.net/germany-ssd-vps.php

The plans which meet the LEB criteria are as follows:

Apartment

Dedicated RAM: 256MB

including vSwap: 512MB

SuperFast Storage: 3GB SSD RAID10

Standard Storage: 20GB RAID10

vCPU Cores: 2

Bandwidth: 350GB

Static IPv4 Address

Unlimited IPv6 Addresses

1Gbps Port Speed

Price per month: €1.79 (yearly), €2.19 otherwise

SignUp Link

Cottage

Dedicated RAM: 512MB

including vSwap: 1024MB

SuperFast Storage: 6GB SSD RAID10

Standard Storage: 30GB RAID10

vCPU Cores: 4

Bandwidth: 550GB

Static IPv4 Address

Unlimited IPv6 Addresses

1Gbps Port Speed

Price per month: €3.65 (yearly), €3.99 otherwise

SignUp Link

GBP is also accepted.

All orders (that aren't marked as fraud) are set up instantly. Customers also have full control of their VPS via the SolusVM control panel.

Support is available via our Legendary Live Chat Support service on our website, or via usual support tickets in the customer portal.

We also offer a 10-day money back guarantee, so you've got nothing to lose!

To order your VPS today, please visit http://www.rackburst.net

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Jonny
Evorack & Rackburst

Comments

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

@Jonny_Evorack

Can you buy more bandwidth?

• edited April 2014

@iceTwy said:
    Jonny_Evorack

Can you buy more bandwidth?

Yes, this is possible, however please contact us to discuss your needs and we can see what works out best for you.

Thanks

• @Jonny_Evorack said:
    Thanks

Sounds great, but I can't get whether private VPNs are allowed according to your ToS - could you enlighten me?

• Err. I had a look at your ToS/privacy policy - I'll pass. Thanks, though.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You agree to grant The Company access to any material stored on your VPS, as well network traffic, for the purposes of ensuring that these terms and conditions are adhered to, as well as for any maintenance purposes.

I am not even sure if this is legal in Europe.

• edited April 2014

@Nyr said:
    I am not even sure if this is legal in Europe.

Update: Terms have now been changed to make it clearer. See following posts.

You have mis-understood this term. What this means is that you:

a) Allow us to provide the service to you. How can we host your stuff if we can't have access to it? Access doesn't mean someone trolling through your data. Access means that our infrastructure needs to process your data in order to host it.

and

b) If we are notified of network abuse, or if there is an attack to/from our network, or some other form of network abuse, we need to see what is happening so we can stop it, in order to provide a stable service to all customers.

We don't go trolling though your data. We don't have the time or the will to do this. We are a European business with European-born staff and as you say, data protection is a very serious issue. So serious that we need your permission to actually use your data for hosting.

We are a reputable business and have been on LEB/LET since 2010; we're not a fly-by-night steal your data kind of operation.

I will raise the issue at a Directors' meeting to see if we can better word this, but the implication of you saying that we go through customer data quite frankly horrifies me!

Thanks

Jonny

• @iceTwy said:
    Err. I had a look at your ToS/privacy policy - I'll pass. Thanks, though.

Why? What's the problem?

Private VPNs are allowed for legal use.

edited April 2014

Jonny_Evorack said: You have mis-understood this term.

I am no lawyer but I am European, I do use many European hosting providers and they do not use this terms within their TOS. Anyway, none of my business, just wanted to point I was interested but it was a deal-breaker for me.

One thing is to have abuse prevention systems in place and other to request total access to customer's data.

• edited April 2014

Ok folks, I have managed to grab my fellow Director and we've agreed on a quick change to the ToS which makes things more clearer:

"You agree to grant The Company access to any material stored on your VPS, as well network traffic, for the purposes of providing the services to you, for any maintenance purposes, as well as to counter any network abuse cases."

Nyr said: One thing is to have abuse prevention systems in place and other to request total access to customer's data.

Actually it's not, given the defined purpose. As I said, our servers need access to your data in order to host it and serve it. Unless you upload it to /dev/null, but most of our customers like to do a bit more than that lol :D

Anyway, I hope the new term is a bit clearer, and to make it clear that there was never any intention to request access to go trolling.

Cheers

Jonny

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • CatalinCatalin Member
    edited April 2014

@Jonny_Evorack , how many ipv6 i can get? a ipv6 test ip ?

• "You agree to grant The Company access to any material stored on your VPS"

Did not order based on that. Mr. Jonny says they will not view files but that sentence clearly gives them permission...it's a scary thing and I have never seen that in other TOS...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

When i would order so much ipv6, your network card would burn down :D

• edited April 2014

@holyearth - You are taking our words completely out of context. The whole paragraph states clearly the intended purposes, which is very simple: to allow us to provide the service to you. There is nothing scary about it. This line does not mean you give us permission to troll through your data. You can't take words out of context like that. Read the full paragraph.

The full paragraph is this: ""You agree to grant The Company access to any material stored on your VPS, as well network traffic, for the purposes of providing the services to you, for any maintenance purposes, as well as to counter any network abuse cases."

Where did you get from that, that you are giving us permission to look through your data? It doesn't say this!

@Infinity580 - We have no fixed limit, but if you need like 100, that's no problem.

Thanks

Jonny

• Everyone,

Here are the Terms and Conditions from Amazon's EC2 service, which means the exact same thing as ours.

"You consent to our collection, use and disclosure of information associated with the Service Offerings in accordance with our Privacy Policy, and to the processing of Your Content in, and the transfer of Your Content into, the AWS regions you select."

We may re-write our own terms again with the feedback provided in this thread, to make it less "scary"

Thanks

• edited April 2014

Hi Everyone,

We have re-written the terms (again) to be less "scary", given the feedback in this thread that we appreciate. I cannot stress enough that there was never any intention to troll through customer data!

The term in question has now been re-written:

"You agree that your data will be used solely and strictly for the purposes of providing the services to you, for any maintenance purposes related to the services provided to you, as well as to counter any network abuse cases as required by law. The Company takes Data Protection laws and your privacy very seriously and will not use or access your data for any purpose not specified in these terms."

I hope that this is fair in everyone's opinion, and clearly states our intentions on the matter.

Thanks

Jonny

Thanked by 2Nyr mpkossen

Wow.

That's much clearer and you deserve credit for genuinely trying to address concerns from future customers. As said via PM, I look forward to do business with you shortly, just wanted to thank you again in public.

• @Nyr - thanks :) We're always happy to take customer feedback into consideration and we really appreciate it that you brought your concerns to our attention.

Cheers

Jonny

• FalzoFalzo Member

+1

nice to see someone at least thinks about concerns and is not just stubborn with his first point of view.

apart from this i would like to ask, how you handle VAT-charging for customers from within europe with valid VAT-ID?
    AFAIS there is no question asked on your order-form regarding this...

• @Falzo If you provide us with your EU VAT number, we can remove the VAT for you :)

Cheers

Jonny

Thanked by 1Falzo