Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HARDWARE] Supermicro 1U, Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 4 x 500GB drives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HARDWARE] Supermicro 1U, Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 4 x 500GB drives

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
edited May 2012 in Offers

We have the following server that we're not needing anymore:

$400 + shipping.

Shipping is around $50 anywhere in the US. Local pick up is also available.

Francisco

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

Highly recommended (speaking from first-hand experience)

• PhilNDPhilND Member

Power Draw on these is close to 2A right?

• SpencerSpencer Member

Where in the USA is it avail for local pickup?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I can get an amp meter on it but it's like 1.6 - 1.8.

@FTN_Kevin - Thanks, any chance you got yours on a socket with monitoring?

Francisco

@PytoHost said: Where in the USA is it avail for local pickup?

San Jose, CA.

Francisco

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@PhilND said: Power Draw on these is close to 2A right?

Yes, it is 2Amps

@Francisco said: @FTN_Kevin - Thanks, any chance you got yours on a socket with monitoring?

Unfortunately I do not, I have metered PDUMH20 is all, so in order to get the exact draw I'd have to power cycle it.

• haphanhaphan Member

(Sigh) This gadget is well over $800 in my town. Sadly there is no way I can get it shipped here.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

too expensive :( gimme for $50 !

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

Its honestly a great value, considering they include risers and rails, and are in good condition.

Even on eBay it will run you at least $600-700 for this spec for a used server.

• SpencerSpencer Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Its honestly a great value, considering they include risers and rails, and are in good condition.

Even on eBay it will run you at least $600-700 for this spec for a used server.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about and just sucking up.

@PytoHost said: Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about and just sucking up.

Not sure what he'd be sucking up over, he already has one of the boxes and seems pretty happy :)

The boxes can be had for about $600 w/ drives but normally w/o rails. Rails are normally $50+ alone.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member

What is this, children's day?

• laaevlaaev Member

@PytoHost said: Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about and just sucking up.

Nope :)

Here are some pictures Ethan took directly when he was at the QuadraNet datacenter setting the server up, would you like me to show you the paid invoice? :3

In fact you want a VPS on this server in Los Angeles?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Here are some pictures Ethan took directly when he was at the QuadraNet datacenter setting the server up, would you like me to show you the paid invoice? :3

I don't doubt you. Im just saying you can get them for cheaper. But its not a trusted like buying from buyvm.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Nope :)

Here are some pictures Ethan took directly when he was at the QuadraNet datacenter setting the server up, would you like me to show you the paid invoice? :3

In fact you want a VPS on this server in Los Angeles?

Wait? Where are the rats?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@PytoHost said: I don't doubt you. Im just saying you can get them for cheaper. But its not a trusted like buying from buyvm.

I dunno... I couldn't find anything with 4x drives with rails with these same specs for lower than $500 elsewhere.

The last one I saw on eBay had a better CPU, same amount of RAM, but had NO hard drives at all... and went for $600 each.

@PytoHost said: I don't doubt you. Im just saying you can get them for cheaper. But its not a trusted like buying from buyvm.

It's more the rails, drives & risers. The riser is a $20 - $30 part as well and few include it. The rails are upwards of $50 too. Some people use half depth servers and just 'hang' them off the mounting bolts but yeaaaaa that's a terrible idea.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member

@PytoHost said: If you own a hosting company it is a good idea to not badmouth other ones. It will come back to bite you.

Just pointing that out... <_<

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Aldryic said: Just pointing that out... <_<

Didn't say anything bad about the company ;)

• dwilddwild Member

I suppose it will be too expensive to ship it to Montreal.

@dwild said: I suppose it will be too expensive to ship it to Montreal.

not that much more.

The biggest issue would be customs :(

Francisco

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

I want it but shipping to Singapore~ Aaaah.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

I don't think they want to store the L5420 Replacement parts, Nor even use 500GB Hard Drives anymore. In another thread I see that they only use 1TB / 2TB.

@liam said: @francisco Do you guys have any space in you rack to host this, if so how much would you charge per month (after bought)? I may be interested but would have no wehre to ship it too right away.

@liam said: @francisco Do you guys have any space in you rack to host this, if so how much would you charge per month (after bought)? I may be interested but would have no wehre to ship it too right away.

I don't have anywhere to rack it since we're pretty tight on power. A lot of our business plan wraps around our $/AMP ratio and colocation just doesn't work.

QuadraNET has some affordable prices at around $200/m for 2A w/ 100mbit unmetered. You could talk to @FTN_Kevin to see if he'll introduce you to his sales rep or anything like that.

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I might be interested, need to think about it a bit more, but I'll get back to you.

Egi is doing 2amps and 10mbit unmetered for 130/m for anyone interested.

This server is reserved, pending payment.

And gone.

Thanks everyone for the interest

Looks like we got another one of these.

Same price, same location.

Francisco