Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Nun ✞ Low End Sister & Βυζάντιον
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Nun ✞ Low End Sister & Βυζάντιον

HostNunHostNun Member
edited April 2014 in Offers

Hi,

Couple new OpenVZ offers for the LET faithful starting at $1.49 / month. Configurable RAM, disk and bandwidth. Supplies are limited as usual.

Low End Sister

✞ 128 MB RAM

✞ 4 GB RAID 10 HDD

✞ 888 GB Bandwidth

Dual Xeon L5639 / 4 Cores

Fiberhub / Las Vegas

$1.49 / month

$14.99 / year

>

RAM Upgrades

Disk Upgrades

Bandwidth Upgrades

All offers come with a 40 Day Money Back Guarantee with no questions asked.

Βυζάντιον

✞ 2048 MB RAM

✞ 4096 MB Vswap

✞ 96 GB RAID 10 HDD

✞ 657 GB Bandwidth

✞ 8888 GB Bandwidth (+$1)

Dual Xeon L5639 / 12 Cores

Fiberhub / Las Vegas

$4.99 / month

New orders are not automatically provisioned.

Available OS

✞ Arch Linux

✞ CentOS

✞ Debian

✞ Gentoo

✞ Scientific

✞ Slackware

✞ Ubuntu

✞ [INSERT REQUESTED OS]

Addons

✞ Reseller Panel - $1.00

✞ +1 IPv4 - $1.00

✞ +2 IPv4 - $1.95

✞ +3 IPv4 - $2.95

✞ Remote Backups - $1.00

Speed test: http://priory.hostnun.net/speedtest.tar.gz

Thank you for considering us and God bless!

Thanked by 1fly

Comments

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited April 2014

Ah...I miss the old offers..

Rosary (limited edition of 3)

✞ 888 MB Graced RAM
    ✞ 888 MB Vswap
    ✞ 12 GB RAID 10 Disk Space
    ✞ 888 GB Bandwidth
    ✞ 2 CPU Cores
    ✞ 1 IPv4 Address
    ✞ $1.69 / month or $12.69 / year

• We need UK offers

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

@World said:
    Ah...I miss the old offers..

Which one(s)? I can re-activate one of the old coupons for you if you're interested.

@rahulks said:
    We need UK offers

In the future.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited April 2014

HostNun said: Which one(s)? I can re-activate one of the old coupons for you if you're interested.

Rosary ✞ 888 MB Graced RAM ✞ 888 MB Vswap ✞ 12 GB RAID 10 Disk Space ✞ 888 GB Bandwidth ✞ 2 CPU Cores ✞ 1 IPv4 Address ✞ $1.69 / month or $12.69 / year

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

Hmm, that was a limited edition and it sold out. Maybe I can make something similar.

What was it about that offer that you liked?

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited April 2014

thats pretty sick.

Who gives you the right to use greek orthodox church (byzantium) names and symbols for commercial use ...

• WorldWorld Veteran

@HostNun said:
    Hmm, that was a limited edition and it sold old. Maybe I can make something similar.

What was it about that offer that you liked?

Ah,i like the same specs with the same price haha.

• @HostNun I'm interested in Rosary ✞ 888 MB Graced RAM ✞ 888 MB Vswap ✞ 12 GB RAID 10 Disk Space ✞ 888 GB Bandwidth ✞ 2 CPU Cores ✞ 1 IPv4 Address ✞ $1.69 / month or $12.69 / year too. let me know if you have more to offer.

• This guy should be banned ...

• I can do a few similar offers at $1.69 but not at $12.69.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@HostNun said:
    I can do a few similar offers at $1.69 but not at $12.69.

Sure,i'd like to monthly payment.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

@Jupiter said: Who gives you the right to use greek orthodox church (byzantium) names and symbols for commercial use ...

The usage is educational and open to interpretation. What do you care, anyway? Is there a copyright on something I've used? Byzantium was a place, it is not 'owned' by the 'greek orthodox church'. If someone asks me to take something down, I will. Otherwise, you are suggesting that certain 'names' and 'symbols' are too sacred and should be censored? What content in particular would you like to see suppressed?

@Jupiter said:
    This guy should be banned ...

If you'll deign to private message me about why you think I should be 'banned', I'd be glad to have a conversation with you. Otherwise, please stop derailing this thread.

• @Jupiter said:
    This guy should be banned ...

• Can you certify that these plans will be blessed by certified clergymen?

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

@Jupiter if you're unironically 'offended' that I've used some stock image from Istok that depicts art in a style that started emerging during the Byzantium era then go harass e-flux about publishing this: http://www.e-flux.com/journal/on-the-format-of-the-divine/

Once you've successfully suppressed that text, get back to me and we can be friends or something.

#praying4imprimatur

• @World said:
    Ah...I miss the old offers [Rosary]

I've made three of these available if anyone is interested:

✞ 888 MB RAM

✞ 888 MB Vswap

✞ 12 GB RAID 10 HDD

✞ 888 GB Bandwidth

$1.69 / month

• WorldWorld Veteran

Got one,the server is great!

• arestarest Member
    edited April 2014

HostNun said: ✞ $1.69 / month

Ordered one and fast activation :D thx

• praying that you could offer 888 RAM for me for $1.69

• Jupiter said: Who gives you the right to use greek orthodox church (byzantium)

Byzantium has nothing to do with church. Byzantium was an empire, the successor of th roman empire. After the fall of the Romans, the empire's headquarter was moved from Rome to Constantinople, and the empire transformed to the Byzantium empire, the great king of its, Alexander, embraced Orthodoxy during his period. The Byzantium was greek-centered instead of the latin-centered empire of the Romans. There were a big evolution of the greek-orthodox dogma of the Crhistians as a big influence in architecture, music, culture and beliefs. As a geo-area, Byzantium is reffered as the Greece that had at the time south Albania, Micra Asia, north Africa etc. The empire collapsed at 1453, when the Turks occupied Constantinople and transferred the city in to Istanbul... So, there is not any copyright or religion-issue in this word.

(I'm Greek)

Thanked by 2HostNun 0xdragon
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

We'd love to thank @Jupiter, who was very kind in his PMs towards us. His reasoning and calm head allowed us to come to a happy conclusion :)

He totally didn't say OMG SACRILEGE OH ITS HORRIBLE!

</sarcasm>

http://i.imgur.com/SjEso5L.png

• I was hoping this thread wouldn't be derailed, but 'Jupiter' has sent me some bizarre, vague threats at this point so I guess it can't be avoided.

I own the book I linked him to in that screenshot and it says this on the inside flap of the dust jacket:

Icons were among the first religious objects brought into Russia from Byzantium at a time when Christian art was already highly developed.

For starters, I'm pretty certain that the image in the OP isn't even an authentic piece from the Byzantium era, which is to say it has no connection with the Greek Orthodox church to begin with. It's a contemporary artist's rendition of the 'canonical iconographic style' from that place/era, i.e. it's fictitious rather than a direct copy of authentic Byzantium art. So with that in mind, I don't understand @Jupiter's argument. Is he suggesting that the artist shouldn't have made fan art in that style and that istok should not be selling it?

• Umm, back on topic...

We're offering free trials again. If you're on the fence about the service and would like to try before you buy, enter the coupon "FREETRIAL" at checkout to try us free for one day. If it's not what you're looking for, simply cancel before your first invoice arrives.