Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting Ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interesting Ticket

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited April 2012 in General

So we got the most amazing ticket this morning. Here is the text minus identifiable information. Gotta say this is a first for me...

I saw you stole yesterday 29.04.2012 and 28.04.2012 twice my money !!!!

The paypal transaction id's are:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I never did know about these transactions, and I never accepted them !!!

See attached image. with sum details

I need URGENTLY MY MONEY BACK RIGHT NOW, and some apologizes from you and explain when and why you stole
my paypal password?
Otherwise, the competent authorities will need to solve this stealing case !

--
Needless to say good luck to the guy, he didn't login to an account so we told him to file a dispute with paypal and if he thinks his paypal password is compromised to contact them.

Comments

• tell him to fk off. you will win dispute anyways and if they chargeback. they will win, you appeal it then you win.

• Did you look up the transactions in PayPal to see if there was an invoiceID or other information you could use to track where the payment came from?

• @Aldryic - They do match transactions we had, but in reality he could just be trying to have us terminate someone's service and either way he has no right to accuse us of stealing his password. I'm sorry I don't feel like being called a thief :P

• Some people have a skewed view on how Paypal works...

• Paypal does not seem to do much about fraud IMO. Does the maxmind plugin on WHMCS work on paypal transactions?

• @BlueVM said: They do match transactions we had, but in reality he could just be trying to have us terminate someone's service and either way he has no right to accuse us of stealing his password. I'm sorry I don't feel like being called a thief :P

True enough, but wouldn't it still be worth opening a ticket to the actual account holder to inform them of the message? That way if you do have a chargeback, you'll have more information to give to PayPal, and the legit client won't just be suspended out of the blue with no clue about what's going on.

Just my two cents... I prefer staying on top of things rather than sweeping them under a rug, and I'm sure clients would rather hear about someone trying to screw with their payments rather than be left in the dark <_<

• laaevlaaev Member

Lol get over it, if I created a thread for every ticket like this we got, I would of created a million...

Get used to it, no need to create a thread for a lunatic customer Every single time.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • So did you apologize?

• @Kairus said: So did you apologize?

Absolutely not.

@FTN_Kevin said: Get used to it, no need to create a thread for a lunatic customer Every single time.

Normally I don't... this ticket was particularly interesting (I forgot to mention he submitted it well over a dozen times in a 2 hour period)... Sorry I've just never been accused of stealing someone's paypal password before ROFL.

• Has he replied?

gets popcorn

• @FTN_Kevin said: Get used to it, no need to create a thread for a lunatic customer Every single time.

You're one angry individual. @BlueVM I hope you logged IP's and such, I know you're probably experience with Paypal but they love to side with the customer. Would be unfortunate if they limited your account when this wasn't your fault.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: You're one angry individual. @BlueVM I hope you logged IP's and such, I know you're probably experience with Paypal but they love to side with the customer. Would be unfortunate if they limited your account when this wasn't your fault.

Paypal and I are on good terms. I get roughly 10 charge backs a month. Out of those 10, two or three are fraud so I have no qualms refunding them. Usually beyond that it follows this format:

~ Services Used Less Than 14 Days = Refund
    ~ Services Used Less Than 21 Days = Partial Refund
    ~ Services Used Over 21 Days = Sorry you should have requested it sooner.

Paypal almost always agrees with our claims. Think we've lost 3 transactions out of 50+ in the last 6 months who tried to use the "purchase, use, refund... scam".

• Thank god this hasn't happened to me yet..

• @BlueVM - Did you at least notify the client that paid with that account, or confirm if it actually belongs to them? O_o

• JacobJacob Member

Second chargeback, $89 + $20.00 Fee from 2CO!!

Can they be anymore money grabbing...

• @Aldryic said: Did you at least notify the client that paid with that account, or confirm if it actually belongs to them? O_o

I confirmed that their IPs do not match, both being from different parts of Europe. There has been no charge back or anything from paypal... if anything couldn't I charge this guy with verbal assault? ROFL

• @Jacob That's a he'll of a fee, is that even if they cancel it later?

• @BlueVM, PayPal almost always agreeing with you most likely has nothing to do with your 'good terms' with them. For intangible items, it's their policy to side with the seller.

• specklspeckl Member

@sajanNOPPIX said: @BlueVM, PayPal almost always agreeing with you most likely has nothing to do with your 'good terms' with them. For intangible items, it's their policy to side with the seller.

What PayPal are you using?

• sajanNOPPIXsajanNOPPIX Member
    edited May 2012

@speckl um..... I'm using the one that you don't take out on dates and have 'good terms' with.

I'm using the one that doesn't have different policies based on your relationship with them.

If there was an option to send them hookers for favorable dispute outcomes... I'd certainly do it.

• JacobJacob Member

@Taylor $89 was the sale but it come out of my pending balance, Which they hold 5% of every sale for 90 Days and the chargeback fees should come out of that instead.

/rage

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@sajanNOPPIX said: I'm using the one that doesn't have different policies based on your relationship with them.

Actually they do, your seller rating goes into factor when deciding a dispute. If you have a good rating and do voluntary refunds when justified it helps them decide future cases. If you have a poor rating, get a ton of disputes it does hurt your future results.

• @bluevm that's if they are making their own judgements.

Read their terms. I'm on my phone right now but there is a special clause regarding intangible items.

I'm saying you winning these cases has more to do with that than an sort of 'relationahip' you have with them.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX said: Read their terms. I'm on my phone right now but there is a special clause regarding intangible items.

I wish that clause applied to VPSs (because I have some disputes/chargebacks that I should have won). :(

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited May 2012

@Damian said: Some people have a skewed view on how Paypal works...

Yes, we get this almost daily, unfortunately...

@BlueVM said: I confirmed that their IPs do not match, both being from different parts of Europe. There has been no charge back or anything from paypal... if anything couldn't I charge this guy with verbal assault? ROFL

My advice would be to refund the payment and note the Transaction ID of the refund, in case you receive an incoming chargeback later on.

• @KuJoe and others, keep in mind that a chargeback is different than a PayPal dispute. That may be where you are getting confused with my statements.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@sajanNOPPIX said: keep in mind that a chargeback is different than a PayPal dispute.

I understand that, a chargeback is out of Paypal's control and they would rather just not fight it and rule against the seller, that is understandable.