Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

Nightly Offsite Backups

SolusVM Powered

Native IPv6

Powerful Intel E5 CPU's

SSD-Caching

NO BS!

Recent Changes

With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

Exclusive LET KVM Canada Offers

Don't take a chance with an inexperienced provider, get your My Custom Hosting SSD Cached KVM VPS today!

Plan Name: LET-APR-512MB-20GB-3TB-YEARLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 512 MB

Swap: 512 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $26

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=99

Plan Name: LET-APR-2048MB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $7

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=98

Plan Name: LET-APR-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=97

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats @MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.

Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August and highly recommend you try them."

Review #3 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.

Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #4 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #5 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Last Offer Thread

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Any thoughts on the new website? Let me know!!

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

said: No BS

If your IP doesn't resolve after going through this host's arbitrary method of setting up the network gateway, don't create a ticket as he'll basically call you an idiot and tell you to cancel.

When you do cancel, he'll "give you a refund in 3 business days" like this 1 man show needs 3 days to press the necessary buttons. After challenging him on this, he suspended my account and would not refund, citing "system abuse" to myself and Paypal during the dispute process. This makes him a liar.

Horrible attitude and horrible host IMO, but from a technical aspect, when you have it running, there seems to be a lot of happy bunnies around here.

I've came across a couple of hosts with attitude problems but this one left a bad taste in my mouth. Just sharing for the community :o)

Thanked by 2fitvpn gattytto
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

LOL you again :P Chargeback and lost. Now is mad. Should have waited for refund. Your entire post is a fucking lie and I'm the liar. Get a life kid.

http://imgur.com/D0Pcu3E

Thanked by 1Asim
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Sure , "just search". I followed the instructions in your knowledge base and you assumed I didn't.

I take it you're OK with being a liar?

MCHPhil said: Your entire post is a fucking lie and I'm the liar. Get a life kid.

What part is a lie? I followed the technical instructions just fine.

You lied to paypal about me "abusing the system". BTW I'm 33 and thought I'd take the time to share my story.

Chargeback and lost. Now is mad

I'm signed up to over 90 VPS providers and you're the only one that doesn't play ball fairly. You're a liar.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanked by 1budi1413
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Just lies.

The funny thing is you obviously try really heard to be pleasant on here... but with just a little nudge it's evident to see you're a piece of work.

Still, you might be useful for a cheap VPS, good luck to anyone needing it here.

• I see you're stealthily editing your posts. "Proof or it didn't happen".

There's a screenshot on another post on here of you getting mad and cancelling my refund with your reason being "system abuse", which is the reason you gave paypal.

Your logic for waiting for a refund is because of potential abuse. How exactly does that work out when there's no network interface? Laughable, flimsy logic.

Please quit dragging this out with your half truths. I'm sharing my experience of your hosting. Go down a legal route if you object to me calling you a liar.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014
  • MCHPhil said: CHARGEBACK = ABUSE. WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

That's not system abuse and it's not the reason you gave paypal for keeping my cash. It's the reason you're giving now to suit your weak argument. Also, you basically stole my money for no services rendered.

Chargeback = chargeback. I charged back because you were rude and uncooperative about giving service and giving a refund. It's my right to, considering I part with my money in good faith. It's the mechanism to protect buyers from dodgy characters that steal people's money under false pretense.

Your site also had (has) a "100% money back guarantee". Seems your idea of 100% isn't quite 100%.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

prove it. I'll add that to my site. If you chargeback I'll steal your money. Maybe it gets the point across.

Thanked by 1nunim
  • simply laughable. off to spend time with my family, bye for now.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Agreed. No proof ever. Hilarious. At the time some 150+ other VM's were active on my setup and working just fine. Now over 300. Just your's was the issue. Sounds like an issue with your ability to follow directions. I even asked you to provide me the output of a few commands and you couldn't even do that. Lets be honest at the very least Mr 33 year old. You expected me to hold your hand and found out I do not. You then tested my DO NOT CHARGEBACK EVER policy and lost.

Please do, go spend time with your family and your 200 other VPS providers. I thought you said you were moving on in a previous thread. Seems that was not true.

I'll just leave your ticket here, from a prev. thread. http://imgur.com/D0Pcu3E

You will see no where was I ever rude. No where did I lie to you. I told you flat out in the ticket you would lose a paypal dispute. You then gave me a choice. Sorry that's not how things work.

• @MCHPhil said:
    prove it. I'll add that to my site. If you chargeback I'll steal your money. Maybe it gets the point across.

You've also been re-writing all your posts after he posted. So. No offense, you don't seem trustworthy.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@Jack said:
    Did you add him to fraudrecord for disputing the payment?

Absolutely! Hopefully save a few other hosts from dealing with this knucklehead.

@Abydon said:

No offense taken, I do not see an issue. With someone who is so blatantly lying about the situation. Most of my responses to him were rude and to egg him on as I want him to post some proof of the BS. Otherwise enjoy the ticket he originally placed with me. I've nothing to hide. Open a ticket and I'll give you a free month if you'd like to evaluate me at all. To anyone else who might think to try this, understand I'm pretty good at spotting BS :P

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Yes let's see

Reason #1 for no refund : "server abuse"
    Reason #2 for no refund : "potential to have done server abuse"
    Reason #3 for no refund : "i don't like chargebacks"

Your story changes all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if you doctored the screenshot before posting it. Now you've added me to some fraud checking ... after basically stealing my money. What about that "100% refund guarantee".

And I followed your instructions about setting up the gateway. You dismissed it and implied I didn't know what I was doing. I wrote this because it's my experience of your hosting. To thank me for it you put me on some anti-fraud list which I'll be looking into.

The money doesn't bother me, it's the principal.

Of all the VPS's I've signed up to, occasionally the IP does not work for reasons out my control (deadpools and what not)... and all I was after was you to double check that everything was OK. Your only retort to that was "everyone else's is working, so should yours". The 'welcome' email also clearly stated that the VPS was up and running.

This sums if up for me. Sneaky character.

• tchentchen Member

ricardo said: If your IP doesn't resolve after going through this host's arbitrary method of setting up the network gateway, don't create a ticket as he'll basically call you an idiot and tell you to cancel.

Odd, I had a problem with my MAC assignment, submitted a ticket, and got a professional resolution.

If you're willing to try and make sure the fault isn't on your end, MCH is fine. If you're infallible, then this isn't the right host for you.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MCHPhil Just woke up in L.A, Good Sunday Morning....Going at it again?.....:)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@MorningIris said:
    MCHPhil Just woke up in L.A, Good Sunday Morning....Going at it again?.....:)

Ah L.A. :D Pretty area :D NM is warming up and the sun is shining :) Mountains have a few clouds sitting on top. Woke up with a BS platter but cannot complain !! :D Great morning I say!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo - +1 exactly as is, same stories around terrible mr. MC Phil

• btw @MCHPhil I'd be happy to take my years hosting that I paid for in return for the money you already have of mine. I'll then ask a moderator here to remove my posts to call it quits.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@fitvpn said:
    ricardo - +1 exactly as is, same stories around terrible mr. MC Phil

Proof or just another one of your spam posts :P

@ricardo said:
    btw MCHPhil I'd be happy to take my years hosting that I paid for in return for the money you already have of mine. I'll then ask a moderator here to remove my posts to call it quits.

Giving me an ultimatum again! You just don't get it. This has turned into blackmail nice! LOL Hopefully LET mods can take care of this crap now.

• Hardly blackmail, it's called an amicable conclusion to our differences. I want hosting, you want money.

• @MCHPhil - Trust Me

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    Hardly blackmail, it's called an amicable conclusion to our differences. I want hosting, you want money.

I don't want you as a customer, who would. I do not deal with people who would rather chargeback than wait a few days for $15 refund. That's why I reported you to fraudrecord, to save anyone else the headache. Take your money elsewhere to one of the other 200 VPS providers you have. You violated my TOS and I don't see why you wouldn't do it again. This time though, maybe spam or otherwise? Just to cause me trouble. It is apparent that is what you want to do. Did you think I was that stupid? Big mistake.

@fitvpn said:
    MCHPhil - Trust Me

As far as I can throw ya? DEAL! Now proof or it didn't happen bud.

Otherwise, fitvpn stole $1000 from me!!! OMG STAY AWAY!!! HE IS A THIEF.

See how stupid that is? Probably not, who am I kidding.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

You cancelled my account and after that fact I charged back. It's in the previous LET thread.

I offered a reasonable agreement and you refused it.

You also lied to Paypal about the reasons for not allowing the refund.

You're right, those other providers can take my money. I'd suggest others do the same, given your temperament and attitude.

You also keep editing your previous posts to try and appear more forthright about the issue.

• Proof? Just wake up, and read feedbacks from other posts. You, Floris Beast and other ass licking dudes around shut up everyone who try fight for a right.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    You cancelled my account and after that fact I charged back. It's in the previous LET thread.

I offered a reasonable agreement and you refused it.

You also lied to Paypal about the reasons for not allowing the refund.

You're right, those other providers can take my money. I'd suggest others do the same, given your temperament and attitude.

Just read the ticket again, refresh your memory. I also called paypal on an unrelated incident and they asked me if I would like your dispute closed also, I said yes. :P

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

MCHPhil said: Just read the ticket again, refresh your memory.

I said the LET thread. I wound you up enough that you cancelled my account, then I charged back. I'm not going to bother "proving" it with screenshots of your posts correlated with the time I filed the dispute because people can take it for what it is.

MCHPhil said: Just read the ticket again, refresh your memory. I also called paypal on an unrelated incident and they asked me if I would like your dispute closed also, I said yes. :P

Interesting.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:

These are all things I told you originally. Also told you in the ticket if you disputed you'd lose. You chose to not believe me. Had you waited you would have received a refund. Call paypal and ask them what they consider web hosting or server leasing as you call it. It's digital good. You MUST work with the provider for a refund. All I asked you to do was allow 3-5 business days to process the refund. This is standard in the industry. You disputed and lost. Others have tried to explain this to you and I'm sorry you feel otherwise but this is life. This is how it is. Work with it and you will get a lot better results in life.

Yes I will get rude and personal if you talk badly about something I put so much sweat, blood and tears into. So many late nights. Yes I'm a one man show. My business model allows that because I have finely tuned policies that are always followed with VERY few if ANY exceptions. Your situation was not exception worthy. As I found out at the end, before cancelling your VM you didn't add the routes ever. That would cause the problem you had exactly. Sorry you didn't understand that at the time and still do not.

• Indeed, you try to flaunt a position of power because "you have my money" and mix it up with some patronising.

FWIW you seem a bit emotionally unstable and I think I've had my $15 worth from you. cheers.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Until next month? We will go through this again? LOL it's easy to talk shit behind a monitor. Keyboard warrior. Aren't you looking into the fraudrecord complaint? Don't let that slip by. I'll go ahead and put together the timeline for everyone to see. As I've said I have nothing to hide :)