Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is It OK For A Provider To Write Negative Comments About Another Host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is It OK For A Provider To Write Negative Comments About Another Host?

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2012 in General

Just wanted to get opinions on this?

Comments

• Congratulations on your first, non-advertising post.

Thanked by 2Taylor Roph
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Please keep this on topic.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Nope, all hosts should stick together.

Thanked by 1NanoG6

Thank you for your input Taylor.

Will be noted.

• Is it OK that you not start these threads? They really seem like a personal attack against that specific provider, and that specific provider against you :/

• Yes, as long as its justified.

I mean look at how many negative GoDaddy comments Namecheap writes,

• It's unwise to do that.

"The consequences will not be the same"

• My take

1) If the provider is a customer of another VPS provider, they should be able to write an honest review; positive or negative.

2) Anyone, provider or customer, can comment on public domain information. i.e. information (including other reviews) found on WHT, LEB, or LET.

@Boltersdriveer said: They really seem like a personal attack against that specific provider

No names were mentioned. I could be talking about anyone here.

@Daniel said: Yes, as long as its justified.

What is considered justified?

• @rajprakash said: 1) If the provider is a customer of another VPS provider, they should be able to write an honest review; positive or negative.

Yes, as a person, not as a company.

@NanoG6 said: Yes, as a person, not as a company.

And as a company?

• @CVPS_Chris said: And as a company?

IMHO, no.

@NanoG6 said: IMHO, no.

Thank you NanoG6 this will also be noted.

• @CVPS_Chris said: What is considered justified?

Well, as long as it isn't bullshit.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

What do you consider negative? Sometime I "as person" express an opinion, this is human. We should add the disclaimers "the opinion express here are mine and not reflect YUORCOMPANYHERE blah blah blah" ???

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

I will accept negative comments regarding our company if they're relevant and useful. Other companies, if they wish to grow, should do so also.

If they're intentionally derogatory, or otherwise something useless like "ur shit r not teh fuk", then no.

@Daniel said: Well, as long as it isn't bullshit.

How about if a customer posted a great review and another provider comes in saying I am surprised since they are so bad. Knocking on another company? What would that be considered?

@Damian said: If they're intentionally derogatory, or otherwise something useless like "ur shit r not teh fuk", then no.

Thank you Damian, this will be noted.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: How about if a customer posted a great review and another provider comes in saying I am surprised since they are so bad.

Not sure how that's negative.. thats more of stating the obvious. "Oh, this provider used to suck, but now they don't? Good!"

People are still writing on here that OpenVZ can't do this, can't do that, sucks at this, sucks at that. Whenever I prod about these things, the usual response is "I heard it from someone else"... it's hard to change people's views.

(edit) If you really did suck in the beginning, then you'll have to live that down. Improving your services or whatever the reason for the suckage, and then moving forward, is the only way. You should see some of our initial reviews.... @Spirit still enjoys poking at me for a single word in our AUP/TOS when we first started.

• @CVPS_Chris said: How about if a customer posted a great review and another provider comes in saying I am surprised since they are so bad. Knocking on another company? What would that be considered?

As long as they can justify their opinion without the reason being "OH THEIR COMPETITION SO I HATE THEM"

• innyainnya Member

It should be good to give an Input to improve from another providers. Should not allow to other providers to jump on bandwagon on bashing others.

I think most of LEB customers/users aware of which provider is good, ok, and better as well as worst.

@Daniel said: As long as they can justify their opinion without the reason being "OH THEIR COMPETITION SO I HATE THEM"

And without justification?

• Yes, as long as they state their TRUE Opinions like I DID. What don't you get about this?? You got what you deserved, I stated my opinion. You do know that there are more hateful comments towards your host than there are good ones here?

@Jeffrey said: You do know that there are more hateful comments towards your host than there are good ones here?

Once again your wrong. They are towards me, not ChicagoVPS.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Once again your wrong. They are towards me, not ChicagoVPS.

Wait?

CVPS_Chris =! ChicagoVPS ???

Thanked by 1yomero
  • titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
    edited April 2012

@CVPS_Chris

This thread is just for you to get your revenge on @Jeffrey 's thread

Man up and take some negative feedback. My support lies with Jeffrey because he provides me with a friendly and honest service.

@Daniel said: CVPS_Chris =! ChicagoVPS

That would be correct

• @CVPS_Chris Why don't you go blow out your Birthday candles on your cake and wish for this to end?

@titanicsaled said: My support lies with Jeffery because he provides me with a friendly and honest service.

Have you had service with ChicagoVPS. Our service is friendly and honest.

edited April 2012

@Jeffrey said: Why don't you go blow out your Birthday candles on your cake and wish for this to end?

I dont need it to end ;-) I like it. Maybe you need it to end.