Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap non intel atom dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap non intel atom dedi

subinsubin Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hi, can someone recommend some cheap non intel atom dedi. I'm wondering if there is some dedi that cheaper than kimsufi.
Location is not so important.
Thanks.

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@subin said: cheaper than kimsufi

I don't know if Hostbluff have dedi, but at lower price than kimsufi you're looking for troubles....

Thanked by 2djvdorp netomx
  • Not going to happen.

• DataSheet use AMDs

• pcanpcan Member

There is currently a promotion at turnkeyinternet.net, but the only system still in stock is the higher-end dual socket. Online.net has a Dell Via Nano dedi at the same price of kimsufi 2G, but support is in French.

Thanked by 1subin
  • subinsubin Member
    edited April 2012

@prometeus : i'm not looking for something cheaper than kimsufi 2G, but something cheaper than kimsufi 16G.

@pcan : ah, that is what i looking for! Thanks. It is not a problem if they answer my question in french (I can use google translate), but will they receive question in english?
    My english is not so good, i'm affraid that use google translate from my english to french will results in terrible french

@all: my question is based on this post : www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg07154.html
    " To give you an idea,
    even with a 15EUR/month dedibox consisting on a single-core Via Nano
    processor and which runs nf_conntrack, I can achieve 14300 req/s."
    Willy tareau is the author of haproxy, i hope he knows what he talks :)
    But, he was also mentioned that VPS also has it's own advantage.
    And i know that 14300 req/s is for haproxy, he was not counted another factor like disk IO. But, my application will not use much disk IO

• subinsubin Member

@Daniel : which DataSheet?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@subin said: i'm not looking for something cheaper than kimsufi 2G, but something cheaper than kimsufi 16G

You didn't specify, so 2G was my guess :)

• subinsubin Member

@prometeus : yes, that was my fault :)

• pcanpcan Member

@subin: Cheap dedicated servers have slow disks and slow Cpu, and the provider maybe cut corners on support (I have experienced a full day downtime on a Xeon Ovh dedicated server; a Kimsufi could maybe stay down for days, I guess). A good non-oversold VPS could eventually give better preformance and better support. I contacted online.net time ago, but in French. Don't know if they support English now.

• @subin said: @Daniel : which DataSheet?

DataShack, auto correct corrected it, sorry

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

Thanked by 1subin
  • Waits for Datashack's $29/Month dedi to be in stock.

• subinsubin Member

@Daniel : do you have any experience with datashack and webtropia?
    Which one do you recommend?

• @subin said: Hi, can someone recommend some cheap non intel atom dedi. I'm wondering if there is some dedi that cheaper than kimsufi.

Location is not so important.
    Thanks.

Why not atoms? They are the best bang for the buck?

@prometeus said: I don't know if Hostbluff have dedi, but at lower price than kimsufi you're looking for troubles....

Thanks!

• @subin said: @Daniel : do you have any experience with datashack and webtropia?

DataShack I use, and have had no issues. I get free 1Gbps upgrades, but I think thats only available on their AMD FX-xxxx servers.

They also do IPs for $0.40 each.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited April 2012

They have supplier deliveries on Tuesday / Wednesday so Drop them a email and I ask Dylan when that specific server is arriving.

@Jeffrey said: Waits for Datashack's $29/Month dedi to be in stock.

All the servers now are, Or should be if they are in their new Facility on 1Gbit ports.
    The bigger servers, Dual E5420/40 have to be put on a short list and they will let you know when a spot is available.

@Daniel said: DataShack I use, and have had no issues. I get free 1Gbps upgrades, but I think thats only available on their AMD FX-xxxx servers.

They also do IPs for $0.40 each.

• @Jacob said: They also do IPs for $0.40 each.

I know, its amazing. For my recent allocation they asked for me to fill in a ARIN Sheet, so I just wrote "I need them" on it, and I got my IPs.

• @Daniel said: so I just wrote "I need them" on it, and I got my IPs.

o_O!?!? lol!

• JacobJacob Member

I have always just put "OpenVZ VPS Node" and that Justification is usually sufficient enough.

@Daniel said: I know, its amazing. For my recent allocation they asked for me to fill in a ARIN Sheet, so I just wrote "I need them" on it, and I got my IPs.

• @Jacob said: I have always just put "OpenVZ VPS Node" and that Justification is usually sufficient enough.

You'd probably just get away with putting "VPS"

• subinsubin Member

Just take a carefull look at webtropia.
    We need to pay extra 10EUR/month if we made monthly contract

• yomeroyomero Member

@subin said: We need to pay extra 10EUR/month if we made monthly contract

Like server4you and others u_u

Thanked by 2subin NateN34
  • subinsubin Member

@yomero : how about DataShack?

• yomeroyomero Member

@subin said: how about DataShack?

Dunno
    According to the site, free setup.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited May 2012

@pcan said: @subin: Cheap dedicated servers have slow disks and slow Cpu.

root@ash:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.7656 s, 186 MB/s

Thanked by 1subin
  • yomeroyomero Member

@NateN34 And that one is???

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2012

Brain dump of cheap dedi sellers: kimsufi/ovh, hetzner, fdcservers, volumedrive, ValueHost US.

No endorsing any of them - just dumping :-)

Thanked by 1subin
  • SpiritSpirit Member

Hetzner auction marketplace: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

Thanked by 2djvdorp subin
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@raindog308 said: ValueHost US

Where is this one? o_O

@Spirit HEtzner doesn't accept paypal right?