Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

kaflo said: Anyone care to share a VPN script I could use on VPN Usage (Bundle #1)

PPP support has been fixed and is enabled for newly created VPS. You should not have a problem using the VPN of your choice if you rebuild.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

RDNS support has been added for bundle #3 and higher. Thanks for your patience.

• J1021J1021 Member

Incero said: RDNS support has been added for bundle #3 and higher. Thanks for your patience.

Why no rDNS for bundle #1 and #2?

Looks like I'll be cancelling my service at the end of the month.

@hdpixel said:
    Wych I meant, I sent an email to [email protected]. :)

Every ticket is answered same business day, your email was probably blocked by google spam filters. Sorry.

@1e10 said:
    Looks like I'll be cancelling my service at the end of the month.

Sorry to hear. Just go to "my account" and click "close account" when you need to do so, and it's all automated. We have no intentions of enabling RDNS on bundle #1 or #2 as they're very cheap and prone to hackers/spammers/kiddies.

• J1021J1021 Member

Incero said: prone to hackers/spammers/kiddies.

Even those with accounts verified with telephone numbers?

edited June 2014

@wych said:

How exactly do you run a DNS cluster from RDNS? DNS cluster authentication needs to be done by static ip and key ideally. Using domains in your sync process exposes you to MIM attacks when the DNS server controlling RDNS for your IPs is hijacked. Not a good practice at all. You should not rely on RDNS for security procedures.

• petrispetris Member

@1e10 said:

It's not that hard to get a "real" phone number.

• @Incero Please expand to EU!

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    Incero Please expand to EU!

Probably never. Thanks for your interest though.

• @Incero said:
    Probably never. Thanks for your interest though.

I kinda love the servers and prices, but i have to bad ping to the ips though.

@1e10 said:

Sorry, customers on the 75 cent bundle can't expect much. They already get way more than they're paying for. Advanced features are only available on bundle #3 or higher, which is on sale for $8.

Our NYC location should be up in a couple of weeks, we've been majorly delayed waiting on additional space from ARIN, as soon as that's sorted we will go live. NYC will give you a better ping to Europe, it's about 71ms on our link from NYC to London.

• @Incero said:
    Our NYC location should be up in a couple of weeks, we've been majorly delayed waiting on additional space from ARIN, as soon as that's sorted we will go live. NYC will give you a better ping to Europe, it's about 71ms on our link from NYC to London.

I will buy a package and try out the NYC location when availble :) I have good ping to London so it should be good :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DalComp said:
    Incero employees are not friendly and can't take a joke...

I disagree. I've been joking around with Ryan for like...13 years.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DalCompDalComp Member
    edited June 2014

@jarland said:
    I disagree. I've been joking around with Ryan for like...13 years.

Haha... Not that one in particular I guess. I'm sure my Ticket ID: #096966600140205 would have ended up differently if it were Ryan who responded to it.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@DalComp said:
    Haha... Not that one in particular I guess. I'm sure my Ticket ID: #096966600140205 would have ended up differently if it were Ryan who responded to it.

Depends what side of the bed I wake up on. I am deffinately not a morning person ;)

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

Go on blow a test I was doing out of proportion...

End of the day you said above rDNS was on track, I waited till after that deadline to buy your services.

@Incero said (May 1st) :

Snapshots/backups/RDNS/API are all on track for 10-14 days. Console and IPV6 after that.

You don't offer that feature fine; sure I am urked over the $6 but im not going to fight you via ticket or forum over it.

As said in ticket, you wont give a refund and I have no interest in keeping the service. As for your attitude to go with it; that is enough now to make me not to want to come back.

Thanked by 20xdragon shovenose
  • J1021J1021 Member

@wych said:
    Go on blow a test I was doing out of proportion...

End of the day you said above rDNS was on track, I waited till after that deadline to buy your services.

As said in ticket, you wont give a refund and I have no interest in keeping the service. As for your attitude to go with it; that is enough now to make me not to want to come back.

If I give you $6 out of my wallet right now would you chill out?

• wychwych Member

Haha! I am chilled its just the principle.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ValdVald Member

just got an email :)

Also, RDNS can now be set by customers with bundle #3 or higher, from the manage VPS menu, under "rdns", here is a screenshot: http://d.pr/i/CEMY/3qLp5eCk

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

any test ip or file in Dallas TX & Seattle WA?

• wychwych Member

@vladimir said:
    just got an email :)

Also, RDNS can now be set by customers with bundle #3 or higher, from the manage VPS menu, under "rdns", here is a screenshot: http://d.pr/i/CEMY/3qLp5eCk

Are you freaking kidding me...

• wych said: Are you freaking kidding me...

Only bundle 3 or higher

• wychwych Member

@Virtovo said:

I have Bundle 3... Just annoyed nobody at support bothered to say it would be ready now when complaining about it last week, or over the weekend.

Either way rDNS is here!

• @jarland said:
    If I give you $6 out of my wallet right now would you chill out?

This is a bit funny when an outsider do this. But when Ryan offers something like this in a ticket as a Wable representative, it questions if there's a working procedure for handling refunds at all. Would he do the same for cases involving hundreds or thousands of dollars?

edited June 2014

@DalComp said:
    This is a bit funny when an outsider do this. But when Ryan offers something like this in a ticket as a Wable representative, it questions if there's a working procedure for handling refunds at all. Would he do the same for cases involving hundreds or thousands of dollars?

If there's one thing I know about the guy who signs the papers around there it's that he's always reasonable to anyone who approaches him to calmly discuss any disagreements or problems with product/service. Doesn't mean they will get what they want, but that they will be heard and respected.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Unfortunately, it seems the API has now been dropped from upcoming features. I am looking forward to NYC availability though :)

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited June 2014

for the cheapest bundle #1 with the name "VPN usage”, the PPP was not supported in kernel...

pppd[18521]: Couldn't open the /dev/ppp device: No such device or address

pppd[18521]: Please load the ppp_generic kernel module.