Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• @wych said:
    Can you now put VM 1 in DC1 and VM 2 in DC2 etc?

Correct, right now I have two located in Dallas and one in Seattle which will be connected to my load balancer doing MySQL replication.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/04/25/PC0WrjOQx4Upieo5

Here is a server bear I did using a Dallas location, 512MB of RAM, 4GB HD, 1 VCPU.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • wychwych Member

@Incero

Paying by PayPal? Your email must match your PayPal account email.

Any way around this, I have one mail for paypal and one for hosting accounts...

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@wych said:
    Incero

Any way around this, I have one mail for paypal and one for hosting accounts...

Paying directly with credit or debit card, requires phone verification! You will be billed automatically each month. Supported for: USA/CA, Australia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Israel, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, UK

• Here's another server bear for Bundle 3 (Dallas) with all cores/ram running.
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/04/26/p3khmXB3zt1gqalm

• I've got to say, I like Wable a lot! I went with a Bundle 3 and have three machines up in Seattle and they're working great!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran

An east coast location would polish the service off though ;)

• Out of curiosity, why is the I/O Seek IOPS in the 300 range while ramnode, DO, or vultr are in the 5,000-8,000 range on average?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@DKnight said:
    Out of curiosity, why is the I/O Seek IOPS in the 300 range while ramnode, DO, or vultr are in the 5,000-8,000 range on average?

I asked their support, and here's what I received back:

Thanks for your ticket. Our nodes are 10-25K IOPs capable. We automatically monitor each node and deploy servers in a fashion that will never result in overloading our nodes. Our goal is to provide consistent performance, with this we don't one customer doing a dd test or massive ioping test slowing down another customer's MySQL database, etc. Hosts that everyone to rape the resources at will just result in poor uptime and overall performance.

IOPs are limited, and allocated, based on the amount of RAM deployed with the VPS as such:

>

min iops assigned: 200

>

max iops assigned: 1400

>

iops allocated per gb of ram: 50

A 10gb ram vps will be allocated 500 IOPs

>

a 1gb ram vps will be allocated 200 IOPs (because 1gb ram * 50 iops per gb is less than the min we set of 200)

I believe you will find that for almost any workload your allocated IOPs are excellent, a single HDD typically has ~120 iops.

All is as expected, and performance should be optimal, to increase iops please upgrade your bundle and deploy a new higher RAM VPS.

• This is helpful! Thanks for posting.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • LeeLee Veteran

I upgraded to bundle 4, might even go to 5, there is just something good about this one.

• Another great feature is resizing on the fly. I was recreating a VPS and wanted more space. Took some out of one (that had free space) and recreated a new container with the additional space. Plus IP address allocation is slick.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Having fun with this :)

• wychwych Member

Does traffic VM to VM count towards bandwidth at present or is this only once private networking is rolled out?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Just found out, the hard way, that there is no temporary/emergency ROOT access console, or maybe I just overlooked it?

• colmcolm Member

@gutshotz That's correct. There are a few other basic features missing as well such as rDNS (which they said is coming soon), IPv6 and VPS usage reports (RAM/CPU/Disk, etc).

You can add/up-vote suggestions here: http://wable.uservoice.com

• ePANePAN Member

@colm said:
    gutshotz That's correct. There are a few other basic features missing as well such as rDNS (which they said is coming soon), IPv6 and VPS usage reports (RAM/CPU/Disk, etc).

You can add/up-vote suggestions here: http://wable.uservoice.com

This hope can be completed in short time (coming soon). Look like we are who registered early is the alpha/beta tester :)

• @ePAN said:
    This hope can be completed in short time (coming soon). Look like we are who registered early is the alpha/beta tester :)

I'm alright with that. Prices are great. Support is responsive. My application isn't super incredibly uptime critical. I'm game for being the guinea pig.

• ePANePAN Member

@daxterfellowes said:
    I'm alright with that. Prices are great. Support is responsive. My application isn't super incredibly uptime critical. I'm game for being the guinea pig.

To be honest for production site I'm prefer go with vultr right now. However, with current wable bundle #3 promo, I no longer hold to jump in to test everything out. Let's see upcoming next 3-4 months, if everything goes right, wable will be added to my favorite list :)

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • @ePAN said:
    To be honest for production site I'm prefer go with vultr right now. However, with current wable bundle #3 promo, I no longer hold to jump in to test everything out. Let's see upcoming next 3-4 months, if everything goes right, wable will be added to my favorite list :)

I'll have to consult with my client to see how they want to take over services since I have it spread against 3 containers for web, mysql, and load balancer. Vultr might be a bit expensive for their taste for those three.

Then again, they could say #YOLO and go with GoDaddy hosting...

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited April 2014

There new Seattle location looks interesting but i currently have alot of idle vps running i will have to wait to let them expire then i will try them.Also if anyone is interested to test Buyvm LV SSD location vps in exchange for wable vps let me know.

• ePANePAN Member

@daxterfellowes said:
    Then again, they could say #YOLO and go with GoDaddy hosting...

Good luck to convince your clients then. :)

edited May 2014

The core product is stable, not beta. Lacking the features you desire doesn't make our core "beta" again :-). Some know the background of Wable and that it's been in Beta under different brands since ~Mar 2013. It's solid. Anyway.

We are adding new features as quickly as possible, the uservoice is the best place to voice suggestions because we can see which are paying clients etc, and those with the most upvotes from paying clients are obviously most interesting to us.

Snapshots/backups/RDNS/API are all on track for 10-14 days. Console and IPV6 after that.

New York City (city, not State) zone is coming soon, colo and bandwidth contracts were just signed today, barring any setup delays we should be good sometime in May.

Thanks for all the comments and support :-)

@wych said:
    Does traffic VM to VM count towards bandwidth at present or is this only once private networking is rolled out?

There's no way you're going to use all the bandwidth we included on the packages.

• @Incero - I voted, but under my Facebook account. How do you distinguish votes between customers and noncustomers?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero said:
    Snapshots/backups/RDNS/API are all on track for 10-14 days. Console and IPV6 after that.

New York City (city, not State) zone is coming soon, colo and bandwidth contracts were just signed today, barring any setup delays we should be good sometime in May.

Dang! That covers my wishlist, look forward to seeing how snapshots and backups are implemented, along with the API functionality :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • wychwych Member

@Incero said:
    There's no way you're going to use all the bandwidth we included on the packages.

Challenge accepted - joke!

In all serious I was just curious.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • blackeyeblackeye Veteran

eduvps.net -> wable

Thanked by 1ryanarp
    edited May 2014

@daxterfellowes said:
    Incero - I voted, but under my Facebook account. How do you distinguish votes between customers and noncustomers?

Extreme facebook stalking by Ryan :-). Stuff on uservoice that isn't flat out impossible is pretty much on or being added to the dev list.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Incero said: on April 21st
    7-10 days.

Hows that API coming along? :)

Also, still no way to simply shutdown the VPS from the control panel, only restart, delete, or re-install OS.