Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

We plan to have the Seattle location up next Friday, 7 days from now, server hardware is due to arrive there on Thursday and networking is already configured. After that, we will start to plan our next location(s). Thanks for your support!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Wable in Netherlands, or Zurich. That I like ;p.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Incero said:
    We plan to have the Seattle location up next Friday, 7 days from now, server hardware is due to arrive there on Thursday and networking is already configured. After that, we will start to plan our next location(s). Thanks for your support!

You're welcome, I'm expecting to see europe offers, I already have a service with you, though, but it'd be great for my DNS Servers.

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    Wable in Netherlands, or Zurich. That I like ;p.

Agreed, that would totally blow the competition up.

• Are internal IP addresses available?

• See below my Ramnode OpenVZ i/o speed: 2gig vps. :) I will wait for other locations, and ipv6. I already have a XEN VPS in Texas from Prometeus.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.54773 s, 303 MB/s
  • Just signed up....only to find out that they don't have an API - since all my other VPSes have APIs, and I use those APIs to keep an eye on them, looks like I won't be using this service :(

• Entering the hostname doesn't set it on your VPS during an install - hostname always ends up being "vm" + the_assigned_machine_number. Not a big deal, just a pain to have to set it manually each time.

• Interesting that you decided to build this on top of OpenVZ. What was the rationale for the software stack @Incero ?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Well something else has gone wrong, while compiling NGinx. The compiling phase crapped out because "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory" - never had that before. I tried a few times, but got the same result.

This was using Wable's Bundle 2, with 1CPU, 500MB RAM, and 20GB HD allocated to the VPS, which should be more than adequate. HTOP shows only 13/512 being used, FREE shows 488 available and 1007 swap. Very puzzling - needless to say I've filed a ticket (so now I'll get an idea on how quickly they respond to support tickets marked High Priority :) )

I won't try allocating all resources (1GB/2CPU) and then trying again, because I want to know what the current problem is and whether it can be fixed.

• Good response time on tickets :) especially for a long weekend.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

@gutshotz said:
    Good response time on tickets :) especially for a long weekend.

Glad we could help. Thanks for your business.

The issue the above poster was facing is resolved ( Commit: 6e55c6ea5490c450ca71193e8912c0c45c98339a ) and is live.

@gutshotz said:
    Are internal IP addresses available?

Added to the todo list. for now, internal traffic on public IPs will simply not be counted.

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited April 2014

@Incero could you have a bundle between the $8 bundle and the $24 bundle? $8 -> $24 is a pretty big jump compared to the $2 -> $6 -> $8, and something in between at $12-$16 would be appreciated.

Thanked by 2Noerman SpeedyKVM
    edited April 2014

@Satellite said:
    Incero could you have a bundle between the $8 bundle and the $24 bundle? $8 -> $24 is a pretty big jump compared to the $2 -> $6 -> $8, and something in between at $12-$16 would be appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback!

I know it's not clear on the site, but bundle 3 at $8 is discounted 50% from $16. It's a promo (for life of the customer) and will end in a little while. The regular pricing (as you can see on the other bundles except bundle #1) is directly related to ram/disk/cpu.

I think even our next bundle up at $24 gives you ton more functionality and specs on an enterprise network and underloaded servers than anyone else, or am I mistaken? I'm 99% sure that anyone else even close to these prices are resellers who are overselling their servers.

Thanks for signing up, I'll see what we can do to clarify the bundle 3 being discounted already.

• But does it have an API?!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

@0xdragon said:
    But does it have an API?!

7-10 days.

• @Incero said:
    7-10 days.

Awesome. I don't heavily use API like someone else was mentioning, but would love to give my client the ability to monitor their services from an easy view for them.

You mention at commit "Commit: 6e55c6ea5490c450ca71193e8912c0c45c98339a". Is there a change log accompanying this that we can see, or just internal git commits?

• @Incero is there any way to spread the servers out onto multiple nodes? I bought bundle #3 and made 3 servers and it would be preferable if they were all on different hardware.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @JoeMerit said:
    Incero is there any way to spread the servers out onto multiple nodes? I bought bundle #3 and made 3 servers and it would be preferable if they were all on different hardware.

This! I really want to know if this is possible, because I'm looking for redundancy between my VM's.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • edanedan Member

Resource bundles? very interesting, just snap the Bundle #3 :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited April 2014

$ bash bench.sh
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
    Number of cores : 3
    CPU frequency : 3300.082 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2048 MB
    System uptime : 11:58,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 111MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 67.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 108MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 14.4MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.92MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 17.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 9.36MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 36.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 58.8MB/s
    I/O speed : 1.0 GB/s

Consider me impressed. :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran

Consider me lazy..

How smart is this setup? If I order the $8 bundle and deploy 3 vps are they are all going to be sitting next to each on the same box or is there a more intelligent force distributing them.

edited April 2014

@w1v_lee you can choose between Seattle and Dallas (screenshot http://d.pr/i/34Ln/2KJukDtm ), so you can distribute your vps across ~2000 miles. Currently we don't have the ability to choose between nodes within a location though.

Thanked by 1Lee
    edited April 2014

@kalam said:
    Guess it's a race between Wable and VULTR, first one to get their Seattle location working gets my money.

Seattle is online, thanks!

@Makenai said:
    After reading this thread my impression sums up in "ComingSoon*TM". IPv6? Coming soon. Seattle? Coming soon.

Seattle is online.

One of the host nodes in Seattle http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/04/25/DXLmJ6kdUjN1Dlfm

Thanked by 1edan
  • edited April 2014

@Incero said:
    Seattle

Awesome! Just destroyed and redeployed one in Seattle. Great progress. Loving the service so far.

Ticket entered: Posted On: April 23, 2014, 9:29 pm
    Ticket replied: Posted On: April 23, 2014, 9:38 pm

Nice!

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • wychwych Member

@Incero said:
    Seattle is online.

Stop tempting me! ;)

• @wych said:
    Stop tempting me! ;)

Give it a shot for $8. Cannot beat trying it out for that cost.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran

@incero - to be honest I am quite impressed. Control panel is slick and good looking, deployment is fast and easy. Given I am in the UK and the test box is in Seattle I could swear I was working on a UK box it's that responsive, certainly in comparison to others I have access to the in US.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • Just noticed, you don't have an option to just shutdown a VPS, only restart it. Could you add that?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • wychwych Member

@daxterfellowes said:
    Give it a shot for $8. Cannot beat trying it out for that cost.

Can you now put VM 1 in DC1 and VM 2 in DC2 etc?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM