Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• After reading this thread my impression sums up in "ComingSoon*TM". IPv6? Coming soon. Seattle? Coming soon. Support for more countries? Coming soon.
    Though the offer seems very good overall, but I guess I'm going to stay away from this, because I am good as I'm now.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@makenai we already added all countries, we did that this week with new paypal code etc. IPv6 will probably be our project next week. We only just turned up the Seattle datacenter this week, so give us a little time there too :-). Thanks for the interest though, we're moving quickly on all suggestions.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited April 2014

@Incero said:

Great.. just in time, for my new project :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Please post the benchmark of their cloud service.

• singapore .. any time soon?

• Could someone please post a bench, I am interested.

• I/O speed is not good for ssd space.I will pass.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I wont, that network is very good for the money.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @incero

Do you plan on using a non-openvz based virtualization in the future like XEN? OpenVZ is really holding me back when I'm trying to get things installed, I just want everything to work without hassles. In XEN I've never had any problems running anything.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited April 2014

Yeah, I/O on dd tests is more like DigitalOcean SSD than RamNode SSD, but the IOPS are pretty high (12k+ for me), the network is (as always for Incero) excellent, and the VPS feels snappy in every way that matters. That's enough for me.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

@Parallax @Satellite great points about Bittorent, the restriction on bittorent has been completely removed as we realize that people need to be able to download large legal linux isos etc via this protocol.

Also the smtp limit is a simple limit on the number of PPS, it is NOT affecting 99.9% of legit users. It will simply slow down spammers a bit so that we can catch them more easily.

Any other feedback just let us know. We are working on adding the other templates suggested and IPV6

We also added a new HDD based $2 VPS package ideal for VPN usage.

• Upgrade in progress, come back in 10 minutes.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

@0xdragon the site is upgraded now, sorry I jumped the gun a second ago.

• @Parallax said:
    I'm going to have to stick with DigitalOcean/Vultr.

I think that's the point.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero: I don't use your bundles, but it seems you've got at least one thing right - you offer a VPN plan. I might get my hands on one after all, but anyway it's a great idea that other hosts should take into account.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

@microlinux we removed the bittorrent restriction today, which was what @parallax had objections with. ( http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/538836/#Comment_538836 )

@iceTwy that just rolled out today, glad you like it, if you do sign up we will appreciate any feedback.

• @Incero said:
    @iceTwy that just rolled out today, glad you like it, if you do sign up we will appreciate any feedback.

I'm afraid it would be useless to have a VPN in Texas, because I'm in Europe. I could use it for Netflix, but I'd rather get a VPS on the East Coast to get better speeds if it were for that. Then again, this bundle rocks!

• So I jumped on today, and honestly, why is my head screaming at me the words "EduVPS control panel"?

Thanked by 2Radi deejay31
  • kalamkalam Member

Guess it's a race between Wable and VULTR, first one to get their Seattle location working gets my money.

• @0xdragon said:
    So I jumped on today, and honestly, why is my head screaming at me the words "EduVPS control panel"?

I think there are ex-EduVPS box and ips.

• SamPSamP Member

From Wable Homepage "VPN Usage (Bundle #1) "

Is this plan restricted for VPN purpose only?

• From Wable Homepage "VPN Usage (Bundle #1) "

It's just a new bundle with a recommended usage for a VPN.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @incero That's great news! I'll be signing up with you folks ASAP, thanks for the update.

• smile93 said: I think there are ex-EduVPS box and ips.

eduvps.net now redirects to wable.com, so probably

• Bundle #3

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    Number of cores : 3
    CPU frequency :  2100.243 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2048 MB
    System uptime :   4 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 79.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 77.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 107MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.2MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 3.95MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.87MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 37.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.42MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 59.8MB/s
    I/O speed :  123 MB/s

Thanked by 1Satellite
    edited April 2014

IO throughput limit (MB/sec) limit has been doubled from 100MB/sec plus burst to 200MB/sec plus burst for all bundles of #2 or higher on newly deployed containers. Our host nodes are 1-2GB/SEC throughput capable, limiting containers is part of our overall plan for consistent performance of containers. We understand however that many people are simply only interested in DD pr0n.

IOPs are great as always. We would rather focus on consistent performance levels and ensure that customer #1 doing a 2GB/sec DD doesn't affect customer #2's mysql database performance etc.

Appreciate all the feedback so far. We should have the requested funtoo template added tonight (requires a new system on our backend to add, and sync templates to machines).

Thanked by 2Dylan alfred
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Incero said: IOPs are great as always. We would rather focus on consistent performance levels and ensure that customer #1 doing a 2GB/sec DD doesn't affect customer #2's mysql database performance etc.

You won me over this. Happy to see a provider thinking like this.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Signed up.

Will you be adding any European location?

I'd definitely love this.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM