Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You Tickets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thank You Tickets

GunterGunter Member
edited April 2014 in Providers

I was just curious. Do all you providers actually enjoy it when someone submits a final ticket with a Thank You, or is it just annoying because it bumps it back up?

I genuinely want to explain that I appreciate the time they took to write a support ticket, but I also don't want to make their whole queue disorganized. I'm not sure of the point of view from the providers.

Comments

• You could also choose "close ticket" when you use send the "Thank You".

Thanked by 1NickM
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There is another point. Should the provider answer your thank you with another thank you? I put mine automatically, so we dont go that route. usually, I appreciate it, personally, in fact I like helping people even when they are not grateful, if they like my help, even better :)

• @rds100 said:
    You could also choose "close ticket" when you use send the "Thank You".

Assuming I close the ticket right after of course.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    You could also choose "close ticket" when you use send the "Thank You".

This is the ideal scenario, however I certainly don't have any issue with closing the ticket myself and it's always nice to know that customers are happy with the response :).

From the other side of the fence, I never used to close tickets after a thank you, but since working on VPN.sh that's changed, and I generally close tickets once a resolution has been made that I'm happy with :).

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Only say thank you if you mean it and close the ticket as you said, then it's okay. ;p

• rds100 said: You could also choose "close ticket" when you use send the "Thank You".

I always do it. Say "thanks" and close the ticket!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@haphan said: I always do it. Say "thanks" and close the ticket!

+1

and as the 'close' intents, i don't expect another reply on this ;-)

• I always say thank you in a ticket. I've seen great ticket responses, and bad ticket responses and I want the support person to know I genuinely appreciate the time they took to help me fix the issue at hand. I will sometimes close the ticket, but most of the time i'll leave them open by accident as I forget to close them. I don't think the agent needs to respond to the thank you, but it is extremely nice to see a "You're welcome"/"No problem"/etc and i've only had that happen a hand full of times (Fliphost is the only one I can recall off the top of my head). Side note, is it okay to make side talk with the agent? I've trailed off a tad a few times, mainly just trying to be friendly/nice.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I like it when clients reply that the issue is solved, a thank you or not is secondary.

• Usually, I say thank you for all closed and resolved ticket. But if I forget it, please remind me :D

For example, when I wrote Thank you for solving my problem and for the help" to NameCheap, they did reply it with "It's a pleasure to help you ...", so I just close the ticket after it.

• I always put a Thank you at the end of all my messages just to show that I appreciate the time they invest trying to resolve a problem.

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited April 2014

I always post a thank you and then close the ticket.

One time i did that with my linode and they replied back "Linode loves you <3".

That was pretty nice. :)

• Seen this in a provider's ticket reply, so I assume that it marks the ticket as active again. However, I normally say thanks and close the ticket.

"Replying to this message after your ticket has been resolved will mark it as active in our systems, and take up valuable time."