Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZPANEL review needed by lowend users for april 2014 only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZPANEL review needed by lowend users for april 2014 only

How is zpanel now they updated it is it still a security risk?? Would you use zpanel can any give a review on zpanel for the users at lowend talk it has had very bad press and we need a review asap on the current zpanel is it still not good or is it now a good panel to use?

Is zpanel safe to use in april 2014?
  1. Yes!78 votes
    1. No!!!!
      37.18%
    2. Yes but not for reselling hosting..
        8.97%
    3. It is still a security risk as of april 2014
      15.38%
    4. You must be joking!
      15.38%
    5. zpanel is a very good panel i recommend it!
      23.08%

Comments

• Do not use it. It's still got major wide-open security holes. I was burned, never again.

VestaCP or Ajenti-V. Nothing else makes sense in a low end box. Webmin/Virtualmin/Diredctmin also reasonable but clunky.

If you want paid, go for cPanel or InterWorx.

• thanks i do not use it myself just wondering if it is still not good so you have evidence it is still not good recently you used it?

• @sz1hosting said:
    thanks i do not use it myself just wondering if it is still not good so you have evidence it is still not good recently you used it?

You can use their bugtracker on github to find out more about their recent issues : https://github.com/zpanel/zpanelx/issues

Better stick with cPanel if you really want to make a business, but if you insists about any free stuff, same like what have been mentioned by @Monsta_AU, or use ISPConfig if you have time to learn some commands to sharpen your basic skill.

• Spend the money and use cPanel. Even Webmin, Kloxo, and a few other free panels are better than ZPanel.

• i use cpanel for business purposes : ) personal i use webuzo but having issues with email again they really need to fix the email prob in webuzo! So is the thread confirming zpanel as of april 2014 is still not good?

• Most of the security holes people talk here are already patched/fixed so most of the treats you find on internet are the old versions of Zpanel , the newest version 10.1.1 has lot of fixes.
    Im using it on some of mij VPS's and it works fine, Zpanel has a active community with lot of plugins, i can recommend it here

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

active8 said: Most of the security holes people talk here are already patched/fixed

So, if not all are, this is avery serious issue, not to mention those are only the KNOWN and DISCLOSED holes, who keeps tabs on the unknown and/or undisclosed except the criminals that exploit them?
    Regardless, if people are saying we recommend x products because MOST security holes everyone is talking about are patched, I feel inclined to question their sanity.

Thanked by 3linuxthefish khav Chuck
  • This is why i made this thread zpanel was bad and now it is good or still bad? Someone here must of checked tested zpanel in the last few weeks, is there any evidence at all that the new zpanel is not good? It is very confusing trying to work out if zpanel is good or not as of april 2014 right now? Mixed views and opinions so not sure what to think.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited April 2014

Why do people even consider zpanel, when there's Vesta and Ajenti V (which is very new though).

• zpanel is nice to use i have used it before, waiting for someone to prove zpanel is still not good at this month and year april 2014

• As we speak all known bugs and security issues are solved, sure there CAN be a bug or security flaw somewhere that isnt discovered yet but this is also for another Control panels, im sure there are some security issues with cPanel or DirectAdmin or whatever but because it is not discovered that means they are better, ? make no sense

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited April 2014

active8 said: As we speak all known bugs and security issues are solved

Bullshit.

active8 said: im sure there are some security issues with cPanel or DirectAdmin or whatever but because it is not discovered that means they are better, ?

cPanel know what the hell they are doing and they accept security reports.
    zPanel staffs will just ban and delete your account if you report flaws.

If you want an easy to use free control panel, I would recommend VestaCP.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

zpanel is nice to use i have used it before, waiting for someone to prove zpanel is still not good at this month and year april 2014

I think you have a very firm opinion and you just opened this thread partially to argue.

Quite frankly, if it works for you, then good, use it. It's not our problem if you get hacked, have your box used for bitcoin mining and launching occasional DDoS attacks, then wind up with a suspended service because you forgot the core fundamentals of linux security.

If you truly want to screw yourself over, use zPanel. We can't force you to use Ajenti, cPanel, DirectAdmin or VestaCP. In truth, it's your own decision.

Thanked by 3Lee Monsta_AU khav
  • active8active8 Member
    edited April 2014

@GIANT_CRAB said: Bullshit.

Please explain , dont give me a bullshit without reason, proof me im wrong

@GIANT_CRAB said: zPanel staffs will just ban and delete your account if you report flaws.

Just i mention before , old news, this happend once and never happend after that and the main reason for ban was not only for reporting flaws, yes i followed the whole story and for your info IM NOT A ZPANEL devolper , i just want people to make their desicons on the right info and not on old news you are telling here

• edanedan Member
    edited April 2014

I use zpanel (always updated to the latest version) and so far its fine. Use it on many sites from VPS to Dedi, sites with various visitor from 40K/day to 120k/day and it run smoothly even use LEB and LET providers (overselling etc.) and never suspended because of security issues, the only reason I'am suspended on that time is because the webalizer is buggy so it can eat the CPU up to 100% for many hours, so just uninstalling it and done.

Prove it if the latest version has unsolved security issue than I will glad to move it to another panel.

Edit: but please don't hack my sites as a demo :)

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited April 2014

@darknyan said:
    If you truly want to screw yourself over, use zPanel. We can't force you to use Ajenti, cPanel, DirectAdmin or VestaCP. In truth, it's your own decision.

you just opened this thread partially to argue???
    lol why would i want to argue i want proof zpanel is not good no one is providing proof just opinions that is the whole point of this thread - is zpanel ok to use in april 2014 not December 2013 etc

This is a important thread i would think as zpanel has bad press, i posted in there forums complaining about security i did not get banned but i showed no proof either to say there security is bad.

Also i am not using zpanel i use cpanel and webuzo, i would like to use zpanel but everyone keeps saying its so bad but where is the evidence? Just because people say it is bad i do not use it anymore sad really as it is a nice panel.

• sz1hosting said: i want proof zpanel is not good

The proof will occur to you in a few weeks when your websites are hacked.

• The proof will occur to you in a few weeks when your websites are hacked.

This cant be a proof, there are several ways to hack a website , and that has nothing to do wit your Control Panel only, patches, virusses,bugs in your OS....

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • i do not use zpanel as i said before ^_^

• i do not use zpanel as i said before ^_^

Try it out and see for yourself is what I'm getting at.

• active8 said: This cant be a proof, there are several ways to hack a website , and that has nothing to do wit your Control Panel only, patches, virusses,bugs in your OS....

Then you have some weaknesses to sort out, don't you.

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • active8active8 Member
    edited April 2014

@darknyan said:
    Then you have some weaknesses to sort out, don't you.

This has nothing to do with me ! i gave you an example that a hacked website is not only a product of a buggy control panel

And tell me did you ever used tis CP ? so YES what was the reason you abondend ?
    or NO then what are you talking about then ?, you give your opinion about something you never used before !

And for your info i have 2VPN 's with ZPanel more as 18 months and none of them are ever hacked of whatsever if that the proof is you want

• active8active8 Member
    edited April 2014

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    joepie91

Still old stories :)

And what happend to my request to explain your "bullshit" comment ?

• @active8 said:
    And for your info i have 2VPN 's with ZPanel more as 18 months and none of them are ever hacked of whatsever if that the proof is you want

Honestly, I don't really care enough to fight with someone who can't speak English well enough to prove a point.

You want to run it? Go ahead.

Quite frankly, my experience with ZPanel was terrible. My website was defaced within half a week.

I hope you get hacked, then you'll see what my meaning was.

• active8active8 Member
    edited April 2014

@darknyan said:
    Quite frankly, my experience with ZPanel was terrible. My website was defaced within half a week.

Reminds me on your own comment:

@darknyan said:Then you have some weaknesses to sort out, don't you.

and this:

@darknyan said:I don't really care enough to fight with someone who can't speak English well enough to prove a point.

WTF ? is this ? im not used to write lot of things in English but im sure that everyone here understand what i ment

@darknyan said:I hope you get hacked, then you'll see what my meaning was.\

Same whises !

• Exactly, ZPanel was a major lesson for me in security and now I take actual precautions to ensure I don't get hacked again.

I'm not really sure what else you're trying to say so good night.

• Anyone else thinks that active8 is one of those lousy zPanel devs too?

• LeeLee Veteran

I have to admit I did think that.

Thanked by 3Maounique netomx Gunter
  • @darknyan when did your zpanel site get hacked and was it due to zpanel ? what year and month was you hacked? very interesting.

Thanked by 1edan