Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you like to see Virtovo expand next?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How would you like to see Virtovo expand next?

We've been happy with the growth we've seen over the last few months and really like our location in Miami; however are considering an expansion. We have two ideas definitely set in stone for expansion; however we want to ensure we get the priority right.

If anyone has the time to answer a brief survey (just two questions, one of which is optional!) it would be appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/228KRD6

Thanked by 1mov3

Comments

• Ukraine sounds awesome. The other things aren't that 'special' :P

• @trexos said:
    Ukraine sounds awesome. The other things aren't that 'special' :P

We understand that, even Ukraine is not so special anymore. We want to make a solid expansion that people will be interested in using and not something unique for the sake of it with a niche appeal.

• @Virtovo said:
    We understand that, even Ukraine is not so special anymore. We want to make a solid expansion that people will be interested in using and not something unique for the sake of it with a niche appeal.

Well, I like the location. I'm from Europe so all these US locations aren't that interesting for me (I don't care if it's Atlanta, Dallas, Buffalo, NYC, place here any east coast locations. For me this is just a ping difference of max 10ms), but I suggested Germany. DE isn't something special at all, but I like the location^^

• @trexos said:
    Well, I like the location. I'm from Europe so all these US locations aren't that interesting for me (I don't care if it's Atlanta, Dallas, Buffalo, NYC, place here any east coast locations. For me this is just a ping difference of max 10ms), but I suggested Germany. DE isn't something special at all, but I like the location^^

+1. It would be great to see more KVM's in Germany, or any EU location.

• Nice german datacenter: http://www.accelerated.de/en/

• I really appreciate the people have answered the survey already and thank the suggestions in this thread. We'll definitely be adding Germany onto our radar. Ukraine seems to be quite popular so far.

• I honestly think you could build yourself a nice little monopoly selling KVM VPS in France, if they were to be cheaper than Edis' ones. Plenty of DC's are located in and around Paris and other important French cities, so you most likely wouldn't have a hard time finding a suitable DC.

• Thanks to all of those people who voted. The comments made actually highlighted another location that people would like to be hosted in. You may see us there soon!

• Singapore or hongkong please, maybe japan/south korea is ok

• Add Netherlands!

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited April 2014

Netherlands is well represented already, shall I rattle off the providers off the top of my head that I already know?

Not that many Asian locations on a LEB level. That's where they should be looking.

Japan and Korea likely to be expensive. Singapore is also expensive due to a lack of available land.

Malaysia may in fact be cheaper, especially if you can keep away from Kuala Lumpur.

Thailand is also trying to move to a high technology economy - look at all the hard drive manufacturers there. You may be able to get some cheaper DC space there.

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited April 2014

Netherland / Amsterdam or France or Swizerland

Must SSD for good performance

• +1 to consider Asia, as the market are huge here with very litle LEB provider.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited April 2014

Dallas location will be good since it is central location and and give good connectivity all over the world.But you should expand to EU market since there are very few EU hosts here.

• No Miami

• Virtovo could really benefit from implementing themselves in France. OVH are pretty much the only ones who have a share in the French LEB market (cough monopoly cough) and their services are far from being the best. If more providers were to offer services in France, those would probably thrive.

If Virtovo could get some servers in Paris, oh man.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@iceTwy said:
    Virtovo could really benefit from implementing themselves in France. OVH are pretty much the only ones who have a share in the French LEB market (cough monopoly cough) and their services are far from being the best. If more providers were to offer services in France, those would probably thrive.

If Virtovo could get some servers in Paris, oh man.

At £3/month for a dedicated server, its going to be tough offering VM's in that price range.

• An LA/west coast option would be pretty great.