Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigiPLUS acquires BurstNET (April fool? Don't think so!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigiPLUS acquires BurstNET (April fool? Don't think so!)

agonyztagonyzt Member
edited April 2014 in General

Received this email this morning:

DigiPLUS Assumes Assets of BurstNet, Relocates Main Data Center

April 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC

The DigiPLUS Company announced today that it has assumed the assets and client contracts of BurstNET®, a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. The new management company has relocated one of its three data centers from Scranton, Pennsylvania to Charlotte, North Carolina.

"Assuming the assets of BurstNet illustrates our commitment to providing a broader product portfolio, new technology and applications expertise to better serve BurstNET clients,” says JW Ray, CEO of DigiPLUS. “Although moving a data center presents challenges in the short term, we will now be able to offer the capacity for growth and peace of mind of a world-class infrastructure. We are working 24/7 to minimize any disruptions in service.”

The new data center has earned a Tier 3 rating as a highly redundant location with eight carriers and three times the bandwidth capacity of BurstNET’s former data center location in Pennsylvania. DigiPLUS also utilizes data centers in Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California.

“Our DigiPLUS team is dedicated to delivering the reliability and dependability each and every client deserves,” says Art Faccone, Senior Vice President of Client Care for DigiPLUS. “Current and future clients will be better served by our more complete, stable and secure global product offering."

The acquisition enhances BurstNET’s Dedicated Server, VPS, Colocation, Backup Storage, and Cloud Computing portfolios. The BurstNET brand will transition to the DigiPLUS name over the next few months.

Additional executive team members have been brought on to assist in the transition. They include Brandon Dorsey as Vice President of Finance and Arthur Cote as Vice President of Operations.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

BurstNET Technologies, Inc. is a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. It currently hosts 10,000+ Dedicated Servers and Colocated machines, 20,000+ Virtual Private Servers (VPS), and millions of websites.

For more information about BurstNET, please visit www.burst.net or email [email protected].

Comments

• I was the BurstNet's client, just got their email:

"The DigiPLUS Company announced today that it has assumed the assets and client contracts of BurstNET®, a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. The new management company has relocated one of its three data centers from Scranton, Pennsylvania to Charlotte, North Carolina.

"Assuming the assets of BurstNet illustrates our commitment to providing a broader product portfolio, new technology and applications expertise to better serve BurstNET clients,” says JW Ray, CEO of DigiPLUS. “Although moving a data center presents challenges in the short term, we will now be able to offer the capacity for growth and peace of mind of a world-class infrastructure. We are working 24/7 to minimize any disruptions in service.”

The new data center has earned a Tier 3 rating as a highly redundant location with eight carriers and three times the bandwidth capacity of BurstNET’s former data center location in Pennsylvania. DigiPLUS also utilizes data centers in Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California.

“Our DigiPLUS team is dedicated to delivering the reliability and dependability each and every client deserves,” says Art Faccone, Senior Vice President of Client Care for DigiPLUS. “Current and future clients will be better served by our more complete, stable and secure global product offering."

The acquisition enhances BurstNET’s Dedicated Server, VPS, Colocation, Backup Storage, and Cloud Computing portfolios. The BurstNET brand will transition to the DigiPLUS name over the next few months.

Additional executive team members have been brought on to assist in the transition. They include Brandon Dorsey as Vice President of Finance and Arthur Cote as Vice President of Operations.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed."

• NekkiNekki Veteran

April fool.

• I will believe this till tomorrow. Why would they pull an April Fools Prank that could loose them real hard earned money? People could leave in droves over this. So im leaning at the believable part.

• I don't think they would be thinking straight announcing this as an April fools.

Thanked by 2netomx mpkossen
  • Except its on their homepage too!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Amusingly, the burst.net front page has only a single image ("Digiplus welcomes...") in a slider, so it fades in and out.

In other words, burst.net has a glorified BLINK tag on its home page.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If I were burst I wouldnt put any pranks this year, there were enough jokes already...

Thanked by 3support123 rds100 Pats
  • @Maounique said:
    If I were burst I wouldnt put any pranks this year, there were enough jokes already...

This

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just for clarity, I wasn't being serious.

Thanked by 1dlage
  • dlagedlage Member

I'm a BurstNet client and this seems legit. By the way, the migration stated in this communication was done during this weekend - the notice came with just 1 hour anticipation.
    The strangest thing for me is not finding any concrete information about DigiPLUS - lots of results but none seem relevant to "Hosting".
    Any clues?

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Both owned by JW it seems and the migration was already in progress.

• PatsPats Member
    edited April 2014

yeah i was also reading the email...

omg.. burstnet bursted finally!!

• What is DigiPLUS? I have read to many bad reviews of BurstNet so I always stayed away. If it isn't April fools joke, will BurstNet become a better company?

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

No, DigiPluS is Burst but burst... if you know what I mean. If anything its going to be worse. There is a 70+ page thread on WHT that contains all you need to know about the level of customer care and service reliability that Burst, or the new.. digishit is going to provide.

@JMackey said:
    What is DigiPLUS? I have read to many bad reviews of BurstNet so I always stayed away. If it isn't April fools joke, will BurstNet become a better company?

• dnwkdnwk Member

ok. They finally collaps. By the way, who is DigiPlus

• kaito_kidkaito_kid Member
    edited April 2014

just another acqution

so burstnet bankrupt first before volumedrive?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • From what I heard this Digiplus is just a phoenix company from BurstNet's ashes (but just rumor)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If that is so, it can be classified as fraudulent bankruptcy in the books here, like you transfer the assets to another company and leave the old one pray for the defrauded creditors.
    I hope it is not so.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@kaito_kid said:

That's so ironically.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited April 2014

@Maounique said:
    If that is so, it can be classified as fraudulent bankruptcy in the books here, like you transfer the assets to another company and leave the old one pray for the defrauded creditors.
    I hope it is not so.

Legally, if you assume the assets you also need to assume the debts. That's how they were able to take over the clients contracts.
    The problem here is nobody heard of digiplus before.

• @Maounique - thats subjective, there are plenty of good accountants out there that make a pretty penny doing this 100% legally. One of our wholesale DSL customers did this to us about 18 months with a substantial debt to us and a number of other providers. They had a friendly valuer come in who made a valuation, they paid the valuers stated price and then started up the next day with a new name.

@dnwk - legally if you transfer the assets it does not mean you assume the debts. It depends whether the assets are incumbered or not.

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2014

Yes, this is a phoenix company. I think Shawn personally guaranteed the debts, so I guess we know what'll happen with those.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@jhadley said:
    Yes, this is a phoenix company. I think Shawn personally guaranteed the debts, so I guess we know what'll happen with those.

Personal bankruptcy ?

• marcmmarcm Member

Bursting = Discard Eligible

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@kaito_kid said:
    just another acqution

It's reasonable to believe yes.