Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS that allows IRC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS that allows IRC

I am looking for a VPS service provider that will allow IRC; I am going to experiment with programming a service that uses IRC.

Can anyone share their positive experience running IRC on a VPS?

Comments

• tommytommy Member

buyvm and prgmr.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Prometeus/Iperweb/xenpower/overzold/etc servers allow IRC except on the Biz plans which are intended for business.
    However, DDoSes are not allowed, but since you are a programmer, I dont see that as a problem.

• We allow IRC on our servers. Take a look at our latest offers

• we allow irc server/client on the vps our offer start at 1.50 pm or 7 yearly http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24636/openvz-vps-started-1-50-p-m-and-7-yearly#latest

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We allow it

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

We allow IRC, PM for more info ! :)

• Server or client? Running a client/bnc should be no problem on most providers...

• Maounique said: However, DDoSes are not allowed

I'd hope most providers have this policy ;)

• johnjohn Member
    edited April 2014

Most providers aren't going to have a problem with IRC unless you're attracting DDoS attacks.

• gracagraca Member

@tommy said:
    buyvm and prgmr.

what is prgmr stand for?

• @graca said:
    what is prgmr stand for?

http://prgmr.com/xen/

Thanked by 1graca
  • Thanks for the mention of prgmr, they look pretty cool :)

• @graca said:

probably programmer or something, with a 'm' and the vowels stripped out to reduce overhead

Thanked by 1graca
  • BlueVM allows IRC at all of our locations.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We allow IRC and have a friendly IRC channel you can join if you'd like.

• We allow IRC with 480 Gbps/480 Mpps DDoS protection.

• But don't be like Undernet ;)

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

We allow IRC and are in the OVH BHS datacenter, so you are DDoS protected. We are more than happy to provide you with a costumised plan, fully tailored to your needs. Just send us a PM if you need anything special.

Kind Regards,

Floris

• As far as i have seen, irc generally is not an issue, but ircd software is. eggdrops, any sort of bnc is fine, but once you see ircd running on low end vps, thats when ddos might happen. Some people think once they own irc server, they got balls. :)

• ATHKATHK Member

@Floris said:
    We allow IRC and are in the OVH BHS datacenter, so you are DDoS protected. We are more than happy to provide you with a costumized plan, fully tailored to your needs. Just send us a PM if you need anything special.

Kind Regards,

Floris

So you just resell OVH's services? or did you literally colo with them? (I don't even know if they do that..)

• @ATHK said:
    So you just resell OVH's services? or did you literally colo with them? (I don't even know if they do that..)

We have bought dedicated servers and virtualized them. They only do Colocation in OVH France (Paris) but these don't have DDoS Protection as far as I know.

Thanked by 1Sander
  • AndreiAndrei Member
    edited April 2014

@ATHK said:

If you need assistance regarding IRC server set up on our servers, I will be most happy to help or set it up for you free of charge :)

• ATHKATHK Member

Andrei said: f you need assistance regarding IRC server set up on our servers, I will be most happy to help or set it up for you free of charge :)

No thanks :)

• Lowendspirit is cool with IRC

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

Hi, we allowed IRC. VMware virtualization, hungarian datacenter.
    http://xethost.com/classic-vps/

• We allow IRC. Contact support if you have any questions.