Domains - Which TLD?
With most of the good .com's taken, and the costs of buying them second hand, is it important for a hosting provider to have the .com, or will .net be seen as more/equally suitable and/or desirable?
When i'm looking to start a venture, i search the web for sometime checking if any names i come up with are registered as a .com, if they are i tend to deem that name unsuitable even though the .net is unregistered.
- Which TLD(s) should a hosting provider use?25 votes
- .com only20.00%
- .net only  4.00%
- if .com is taken, register .net24.00%
- won't register .net if .com is taken  8.00%
- .com and .net (if possible)44.00%
- Would you choose a .com provider over a .net provider?25 votes
- Yes, i would choose the .com provider60.00%
- No, i would choose the .net provider40.00%