Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming/Red5/FlashChat Allowed Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Streaming/Red5/FlashChat Allowed Providers

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
I need to run FlashChat (Visichat) but that requires Red5. Which Providers here allow that??

Are the popular providers e.g. RamNode, INIZ, Crissic, Prometeus allow it??

Waiting for providers to answer :)

Thanks.

Comments

• @ehostlab - Delimiter does both on VPS and Dedicated

• It depends, you will install it, or we have to provide it?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is allowed, but all services are unmanaged, so you will need to install it.
    Prometeus does a lot of streaming for italian media, the network is kinda optimized for it, so you should do well with streaming, voip and the like, at least in Italy :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I can install & manage myself. But I saw some providers don't allow streaming. So, I asked @Maounique @dedicados

• What does streaming consumes much? Network/traffic or CPU/Disk?

Sometimes I want to use a webcam/cctv to monitor my office remotely, but my Indonesian provider doesn't allow it.

• ErawanArifNugroho said: What does streaming consumes much? Network/traffic or CPU/Disk?

red5 scares me

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited March 2014

@ehostlab said:
    Hi,
    I need to run FlashChat (Visichat) but that requires Red5. Which Providers here allow that??

Are the popular providers e.g. RamNode, INIZ, Crissic, Prometeus allow it??

Waiting for providers to answer :)

Thanks.

Hi,

I am provider from Vietnam and allowed Visichat. I can give you Plan Hosting or Plan VPS for you need it.

Server on OVH Canada will better protected ddos.

Regards,

• @jcaleb said:
    red5 scares me

Ah, you're thr master of streaming :D

which one it needs John? Cpu or Network?

• @ErawanArifNugroho no, @ihatetonny knows streaming. I just ask him questions. Red5 I guess is resource hog.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@jcaleb said:
    ErawanArifNugroho no, ihatetonny knows streaming. I just ask him questions. Red5 I guess is resource hog.

Yeah, it uses little more resource but DDOS is a Big Factor.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It doesnt use much disk, but CPU and, perhaps traffic, but usually CPU is maxed long before going over 300 mbps our alarm limit.

• I used Red5 to set up a media streaming server for the city I live in. It's a decent replacement for Adobe Flash Media Server. It runs on Java, which can be resource intensive, but it runs okay.