Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any peakservers review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any peakservers review?

WorldWorld Veteran

I found their VPS offers,RAM is so large and price is cheap.

Any review?

Comments

• programerprogramer Member
    edited March 2014

I am presently using it but have not hosted any sites in that, about one month ago its purchased, no downtime yet, server speed is good, according to basic knowledge i have see below, if you have any specific test procedure to be conducted inform me I will run and post here

[root@serverhome ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 10.7376 s, 100 MB/s

• ehabehab Member

I have a free personal plan and happy about it, from time to time i check downloading a 100MB file and speed is great. I am considering a backup vps but not yet since i already have about 3 in idle state.

Support response is about 10 hrs reply and it is effective. Maybe someone else can add more info but for now i can say its in my high next list.

• I've tried them a few months back, speed and server performance was good. But that time they don't have IPv6, now they have it.

That time, they only have some OS templates, and it's only the latest os. I'm asking them to add FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Debian 6 32/64bit. But they only add Debian 6 64bit.

I don't know why they only use a little OS. But, for that price, it's worth to try :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I've tried them a few months back, speed and server performance was good. But that time they don't have IPv6, now they have it.

That time, they only have some OS templates, and it's only the latest os. I'm asking them to add FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Debian 6 32/64bit. But they only add Debian 6 64bit.

I don't know why they only use a little OS. But, for that price, it's worth to try :)

According to their WHT offer, http://peakservers.com/wht-vps-promo.php , they're running OpenVZ, therefore, unable to offer both FreeBSD and OpenBSD.

• Sorry, they have a previous promo which is also having promo on KVM :)

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2014

i don't want to dig up an old thread but peakservers terminated my free webspace without notice and when asked they said free accounts can be closed if inactive when my wise. Will not use or recommend peakservers.

• Where you can pick a VPS with 1Gb RAM at $12/year?
    Amazing WHT offer I think :) Look and decide. Details here.

• @ehab You get what you pay for... not sure what you expected.

• @Jonchun said:
    ehab You get what you pay for... not sure what you expected.

i expected that an email notice period for closure would have been appropriate. infact it was a webpanel free host. FYI, i had a free vps from a provider notified clients and would consider purchasing but from this provider No.

• no need to continue this thread any further.

• @ehab It was free. You still expected too much for a free service. Their standards/service on a FREE service has absolutely nothing to do with their paid service. Why are you recommending people not use them when you've had zero experience with their service in the first place?