Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Cloud ISO Testers Needed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Cloud ISO Testers Needed

2»

Comments

• DaveADaveA Member

@stealthpaladin - It means any ISOs uploaded and deployed will be free of charge to beta testers.

Thank you for the compliments, our system is designed to provide consistent performance at all times!

• @DaveA do you have an idea of when the beta will become active? (UK Time)

• DaveADaveA Member

@rmlhhd - I'd say between 11am and 2pm Eastern Time.

• @DaveA said:
    rmlhhd - I'd say between 11am and 2pm Eastern Time.

Thanks.

• @DaveA sorry to be inpatient but do you know if we'll get an email telling us know it's up or will it just happen.

• @rmlhhd it's up and running now. only direct upload from your computer right now, but they have replied on my ticket, saying they will allow remote web uploads later on.

• @myhken said:
    rmlhhd it's up and running now. only direct upload from your computer right now, but they have replied on my ticket, saying they will allow remote web uploads later on.

Yeah got the email, FreeNAS works! Testing some other ISO's soon.

• My upload of my Win2012R2 .iso files stops after some time, only get a white screen.
    Maybe because of my 10 mbit outgoing connection speed at home...

• DaveADaveA Member

@myhken - you could always launch a windows '12 VPS via vultr, remote desktop to it, download the iso's and login to my.vultr to upload at line rate to your account. Just a hack until remote URL's are added

• delyodelyo Member

Good..

• tommytommy Member

amarc said: @DaveA is there a chance that you could put one iso for me so I can actualy test the thing out : ). My upload speed is only 1Mbit so it's pain really..

upload from another vps with remote desktop?

• I have to say that VULTR has done a really good job with the .iso upload feature. It's incredible fast (using remote http upload), and their servers is really fast as always.
    I have tested with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 7 .iso files.

• amarc said: I need to wait this to be availabe in AMS to have any realy use of it..

Me too, I don't need any (more) VPS server in the US. Have a couple over there, but I'm only in need of EU servers in production.

• DaveADaveA Member
    edited April 2014

EDIT: retracted temporarily.

• @DaveA said:

Interesting. I wonder what he said

• @DaveA said:
    @Void_Whisperer said:

He said that Additional IP's are available.

@DaveA when do you plan to have this functionality.

• DaveADaveA Member

It was about additional IP's on each VM, we thought better of it to begin the beta tomorrow morning instead of at 5pm :)

• Will test the ISO upload thingy tomorrow :) Let's see if i can run linuxmint

• Does anyone know where to find a Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO with Virtio Drivers build-in?

I've tried building one myself but it fails on adding drivers using dism

• @rmlhhd it' really simple to add VirtIO to a .iso file. I'm using UltraISO (I know that PowerISO also works). I then just add the VirtIO x64 folder I downloaded from here...
    Then save the .iso, takes around 1-2 minutes to complete. Then just upload the .iso file.

Why do it the hard way, when you can do it simple ;)

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • @DaveA any idea when the additional IPs per server are going to be available? I know Twitter said today, but I'm assuming there was some technical difficulties.

• DaveADaveA Member

@strues - This coming Tuesday

• @strues said:
    DaveA any idea when the additional IPs per server are going to be available? I know Twitter said today, but I'm assuming there was some technical difficulties.

Probably because of coming IPv6 ? @DaveA could you please confirm it ?