Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone try Dedicated Cloud by OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone try Dedicated Cloud by OVH

Hey everyone,

New here!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I assume if it isn't someone will move it to the right location. Thanks for that!

I've been looking of the OVH dedicated cloud offering for quite some time now but I can't seem to find any reviews or much at all about peoples experience using this service.

I'm looking for virtualize my entire infrastructure and put it on OVH dedicated cloud offering. I'll have a site-site IPSEC vpn tunnel from the ovh network to my office and I plan on running Windows AD server, Exchange server and terminal services all from the ovh network.

Has anyone ever attempted something similar and if so would you care sharing your experience?

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• $527.00 is quite pricey if you ask me, you'd be better off getting a dedicated server/a few dedi's for that money from OVH and virtualizing it yourself. (Unless you need that 1.5Gbps specifically)

• @Floris said:
    $527.00 is quite pricey if you ask me, you'd be better off getting a dedicated server/a few dedi's for that money from OVH and virtualizing it yourself. (Unless you need that 1.5Gbps specifically)

Some people just prefer turnkey solutions as they do not have time to manage so many servers :)

• @Nicarlo said:
    Hey everyone,

New here!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I assume if it isn't someone will move it to the right location. Thanks for that!

I've been looking of the OVH dedicated cloud offering for quite some time now but I can't seem to find any reviews or much at all about peoples experience using this service.

I'm looking for virtualize my entire infrastructure and put it on OVH dedicated cloud offering. I'll have a site-site IPSEC vpn tunnel from the ovh network to my office and I plan on running Windows AD server, Exchange server and terminal services all from the ovh network.

Has anyone ever attempted something similar and if so would you care sharing your experience?

Thanks a bunch!

Just go for it, you wouldn't be disappointed from what I have heard from people about their private cloud services.

• @Floris said:
    $527.00 is quite pricey if you ask me, you'd be better off getting a dedicated server/a few dedi's for that money from OVH and virtualizing it yourself. (Unless you need that 1.5Gbps specifically)

I have about 12 dedicated servers with OVH at the moment, most of them with esxi running on them but there are a few things that the dedicated cloud offers that you couldn't get by just getting dedicated servers with them. I like the DRS and high availability options. It is slightly pricey but it's the cost of having high availability!

I was hoping to hear more about peoples experience with that product range and what people are actually using it for. Maybe someone could add their experience to this thread?

Thanks for everything so far though!

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2014

Is not expensive if you consider that you get included in the price a VMWare ESXi vSphere license with ALL modules active (vshield, HA, vmontion, DRS, etc...) If you try to buy this license directly to VMWare the cost is around $5.000/server, so, is not expensive...

• @Nicarlo - One of my friends uses this for his project, he was very happy with it.