Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Threaten Customer ? Is it solution ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Threaten Customer ? Is it solution ?

Just wanna to discuss about this, what is the best to do if your customer report or maybe posting something that they experience on your service ? Will you be privately ask them ? Respond it to the open public and explain it what is the situation and condition ? Offering them something to keep their mouth shut up ? Or the worst one, threaten them ? Really wanna know from all the LET provider services gonna do, as maybe i will become one of the provider too :D

Comments

• That question makes me already not wanna buy from you.

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • iSkyiSky Member

@zen yeah, have a diplomatic as we can say, but what will you threaten them ? your customer ?

• iSkyiSky Member

@infected why ? now my position still customer :D but maybe in future will be provider, so wanna hear some oppinion first before launch my services, so why you don't wanna do that @infected ? because got threaten ?

• Just read what you wrote, then think. You must not be very smart I assume, soz.

Thanked by 2gattytto UltranetUSA
  • iSkyiSky Member

yeah, i'm stupid. i know i'm stupid so i still wanna learn and ask, rather than proud like smart but got nothing.

Thanked by 3tchen n0my Makenai
  • Honestly, it'd be a case-by-case basis.

If they're publicly complaining about a suspension, I'll go ahead and publicly say that they should post the abuse report and evidence they were given. Otherwise, I'd publicly maintain a diplomatic face.

• iSkyiSky Member

so when the diplomatic isn't work out anymore ? and you got threaten ? LoL this will be valuable experience before start my services.

• PrestigePrestige Member
    edited March 2014

@infected said:
    Just read what you wrote, then think.

I agree.

@iSky said:
    Offering them something to keep their mouth shut up ? Or the worst one, threaten them ?

Isn't the right way to treat a customer, just put yourself in your customer's place.

• iSkyiSky Member

helloo, i'm still not provider yet @prestige on this thread, i am the customer and got being treat like that, so i ask the oppinnion from the other provider, should you all do this to the customer ?

• bobbybobby Member

A small language barrier might be the problem, also don't do drama on public forums :)

• iSkyiSky Member

@bobby i just need oppinion from provider at here, as they're more experience then me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 2iSky gattytto
  • iSkyiSky Member

yeah @mikho jsut because i post my personal review about their service on other thread that have same problem, i got being threaten, the reason is i make them confuse #hellyeah

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Looks like somebody needs a pony...

Thanked by 2gattytto netomx
  • How exactly would you threaten a customer anyway?

• we do not threaten anyone,but customers have done many times

• iSkyiSky Member

@ftpit yeah, i know you very well and you always service with great and also have a nice deal with you. just that you dont notice me that you have a new offer :P

@iSky said:
    yeah mikho jsut because i post my personal review about their service on other thread that have same problem, i got being threaten, the reason is i make them confuse #hellyeah

If you get threatend by a provider it's better to pack up and leave now then wait for your service to be suspended.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • iSkyiSky Member

it already said, if he caught me do something wrong, they gonna terminated my whole account which have 4-5 VPS yearly plan

• @infected said:
    Just read what you wrote, then think. You must not be very smart I assume, soz.

The OP is creating a metalogue about http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/513797/#Comment_513797

Is it 'ethical' for hosts to single out and 'discipline' clients by threatening to cancel their services on a public forum? Or, in the OP's words, should hosts "privately ask" clients about their concerns in response to negative reviews?

Thanked by 20xdragon n0my
  • ztecztec Member

Pistol whip em. Its the best.

• souensouen Member

Good providers don't resort to threats to get their message across. Even with abusive customers, there should be other measures they can take (terminate service, etc.) while keeping communication polite. Threats just reflect poorly on the party doing the threatening if the incident goes public and undermine their case (it is easier to negotiate an issue if those involved focus on the issue rather than personal attacks, as often happens with threats).

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

@souen said:
    Good providers don't resort to threats to get their message across. Even with abusive customers, there should be other measures they can take (terminate service, etc.) while keeping communication polite. Threats just reflect poorly on the party doing the threatening if the incident goes public and undermine their case (it is easier to negotiate an issue if those involved focus on the issue rather than personal attacks, as often happens with threats).

bingo!!!

• I had this experience once, I was working for a friend fixing computers in a big shop so this one customer guy started with the left foot, my friend told me from the first day "this guy is not going to be worth the money he's paying for this new computer, he's got a bad attitude".. And he was totally right, we did all we could to get the guy a VIP treatment and he ended up kicking his computer to death to later come screaming to the shop while we had other customers, yelling about our bad service.

We thought that was it and that the customers inside the shop at that time understood that he was just a crazy guy. But he went further and started gluing little ads all around the block stating "ABCXYZ shop is a scammer, if you want to have problems and get stolen then go ask for their services".. And we noticed it just because a customer friend told us he saw them on the street. Maybe some days passed 'til he noticed.

So I recommend you to go work at a computers fixing shop or some middle-sized business at a selling desk, if you want to learn from real experience how to recognize and deal with troublesome customers, because once you let them in, there is no way to avoid them so it will be better if you learn to catch them before you sell them anything and get them as far from your business as possible.

Also, customers are always right, that's the rule.

• Dis thread - the rise of a new seneless topic, love it.
    OP do u srsly think anyone would write in public that they'd make threats? Mhh

• iSkyiSky Member

nope, normally provider will go for negotiation rather than threat them :D but in my case it was different

• @iSky

Although you may consider Jimmy's reply to be curt, his reply was straightforward and blunt. He did not threaten you, he was merely pointing out our abuse policy as defined in our Terms of Service which you agreed to upon signup.

You would have been terminated a long time ago for abuse, however we held off on your termination and gave you the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake and that you'd be able to fix the issues with leaving your virtual servers unsecured. This ended up not being the case, and your virtual servers repeatedly had to be suspended due to them sending outbound DoS attacks. It is your responsibility to keep your servers secure, and it is our responsibility to our clients to protect our servers and IPs from abuse. To protect our own customers (bad IP reputations, spam, etc) we must terminate accounts that do not follow this policy.

We attempted to settle this issue with you privately, however you insisted on taking everything to public communications, slandering us on false counts, and therefore deteriorating the ability to better-assist you. We do focus on satisfying our customers, however I as the Operations Director here feel that we are unable to assist you further due to your incapability to cooperate with us on various counts. We've let you know multiple times that you needed to secure your server and that you needed to accept responsibility for actions performed on your virtual server (as it is unmanaged).

Following my above statements of explaining the situations that have occurred;

I regret to inform you that due to the reasons that I have listed above, you are no longer welcome here as a client of GreenValueHost. This post serves as official notice that all of your services will be cancelled on March 31, 2014. As a grace, you are eligible to receive a pro-rated refund of the unused billing time from the date of your services' cancellation. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope you have a wonderful day.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I read sometimes "when you cancel this service we will release all your scripts and files" so basically yes some hosts do this i guess. Don't happend to my self but i think it exist things like if you tell this someone i gonna fire you. Why should this not be on vps services?

• iSkyiSky Member

THANK YOU GOD, at least they wanna refund me for service that we can't use...... i'm glad..... so many customers already told me secretly they wanna refund too but you keep persuading them and the problem still occuring. and i just know that you no longer cooperate with HostUS for some reason. If you flash back hafl years ago, HOW MANY TIMES YOU CHANGE THAT POLICIES ? uncountable and unreliable. now everyone already know that, hope you can go on sell that service again. i don't wanna go there again with this all threaten. Thank you for giving back my money. I'm really glad

Thanked by 1darkshire