Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with MaxMind Error?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's wrong with MaxMind Error?

Hello all LET member,

can anyone please explain to me about this error means? I'm from indonesia, and i think it's the main reason. When i ordering a vps, all information that i fill on the order form is correctly and it's a valid information. I'm not using any proxies, because I know no one let an order which made through proxy. Why and how i can pass this stupid error? Recently i order a vps on VPSnine and my order being cancelled just right after i click complete order.

I just got that maxmind error and saying that my order is fraud. In what and which point i'm being fraud here?Please let me know because i don't know about any hosting filtering system and how can i avoid it?

Thank You.

Comments

• blackblack Member

It's because a large amount of fraud are from your country so maxmind assumes most (if not all) orders from your location are fraudulent. Sorry, you're just an innocent victim.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @bazou999 - Order something on LowEND, I'm able to tell you why if you do this.

• @bazou999: I think you can simply fire a ticket with the provider to see if they can manually verify your order. I did it several times before and it did work.

• bazou999bazou999 Member
    edited March 2014

@black : well, if it's the case. The providers should take a manual review then. Don't let the system just do a fast kick like that. Just my opinion.

@LoeWND : where to order?do you accept payza?

@nhocconan : already submit a ticket, still waiting a reply from them.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited March 2014

@bazou999 said:

I am from Indonesia too. It is, common as the fraud number are high from our country.
    Just open the ticket, and any support member will help you. Just prepare some documentation, like KTP etc, if needed/asked :)

• @sirmbhe thanks bro, already prepared the scanned document. Still waiting their reply.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Scanned documents mean nothing.
    As from Indonesian fraud, hum, we have many indonesian customers, fraud comes from vietnam not indonesia, also have a lot of malaysian customers, no major problems.

• @Maonique : so, what am i supposed to do? still waiting them to reply my ticket. where is @vpsnine ? please check my ticket, this is my Ticket ID: 867431

• I have not heard of "VPS NINE", however any good provider will typically take a look at your order when this happens (usually within 24 hours). If the only thing being held against you is your country of origin then the order will generally be manually approved. This is a very typical and common process for individuals ordering from "high risk" countries. Nothing personal against you.

If there are additional issues with your order than that is another story all together. All you can do is wait for the response.

Good luck.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bazou999 I am merely saying indonesia is not marked as a high risk country, unless the provider did that. If they do not want indonesian customers, there is nothing much you can do, the tickets will probably remain unanswered.

• I'm from Indonesia, and sometimes my order marked as fraud too. If the provider set their maxmind security to high, we will flagged as fraud, and need to open a Ticket. Sometimes we don't need to send any ID, but some provider might asked for it. Some also required a scan of pasport/credit card.

If they placed an automated phone call for verification, then we can pass trough it ( if our phone number correctly typed, for example, do not use the 0, just type 8522xxx)

• same with me usually if I order vps got maxmind error -_-

• Indonesian too here and I have about 30% of MaxMind errors. I mostly use Speedy which generate dynamic IP each time I login. And I believe most the IP were flagged due bad user experience years before (on the Indonesian hacker wannabe era).

Just contact them also provide your username here as necessary.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    do not use the 0, just type 8522xxx

Don't forget the country code, i.e. 628522xxx

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2014

@bazou999 said:
    black : well, if it's the case. The providers should take a manual review then. Don't let the system just do a fast kick like that. Just my opinion.

LoeWND : where to order?do you accept payza?

nhocconan : already submit a ticket, still waiting a reply from them.

You can ask @LoeWND to set up a fake "free" product for you and let you go through the normal order process (or charge 1 cent so it goes to Paypal or something)

Of course, that is assuming he is trying to help rather than selling you one of his products that you may not need.

• @DalComp said:

No need, I believe. Since you set the country already.

• @Noerman said:

That's how I have been using it. If you have been using the otherwise without issue, then I guess both are equally working fine.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @ all : thank you for all explaination for me about this issue. VPSnine have opened my invoice again, set it from cancelled and being unpaid. I already paid it and ready to go :).

well, case closed then :)

• It's because a large amount of fraud are from your country. f*cking answer, but true. lol

• @jenglotbae said:
    It's because a large amount of fraud are from your country. f*cking answer, but true. lol

lol that's true bro