Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Budget Dedi requirement >4GB RAM, Supports Virtualization, IPv6 is a must
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Budget Dedi requirement >4GB RAM, Supports Virtualization, IPv6 is a must

Hi,

I am in need for a budget dedi with the following specs minimum:

A decent CPU supporting virtualization
    4GB RAM or more
    1TB HDD; If RAID support, better
    100Mbps unmetered or 1Gbps with atleast 5TB
    4 or 5 usable IPv4
    IPv6; native will be better

It will be used for creating a maximum of 3 KVM VPS, one for testing, another for a hobby project that send mails and one for Backup.

Let me know the lowest pricing that can be offered for the spec. Payment will be through PayPal either monthly or quarterly.

My personal blog: Bizzard.info
    Come join me on Diaspora, the privacy aware Social Network

Comments

• Thanked by 1bizzard

I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

• BruceBruce Member

buy 3 KVM VPS instead of a dedi ?

free trial zilore monitoring

• @TarZZ92 At online.net IPV6 is very problematic. So i don't recommend them if IPV6 is a must...

Thanked by 1bizzard

Ramnode (referral link)

• bizzardbizzard Member
      edited March 2014

Looks good. IPv4 costs a bit high though. So, totaling to around 55USD. Do you have any experience with them?

Bruce said: buy 3 KVM VPS instead of a dedi ?

I am trying to enhance my knowledge too by getting hands on with a dedi. :-)

• @bizzard I do not recommend them if use of Ipv6 is a must. Anyway its a very good provider. Im using them.

Ramnode (referral link)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
      edited March 2014

bizzard said: Looks good. IPv4 costs a bith high though. So, totaling to around 55USD. Do you have any experience with them?

u get 5 extra IP's free with the server (well atleast i did 2 weeks ago) they call them failover ips, you have options of virtual mac etc, IPV6 Works fine.

Connection is great. ive had over 900Mbps

i could even sort you out a test file if you wanted to try the speeds

• pbalazs123 said: @bizzard I do not recommend them if use of Ipv6 is a must. Anyway its a very good provider. Im using them.

Thanks for the warning. IPv6 is somewhat must. Otherwise I might need to tunnel it and that adds to the overhead.

• @TarZZ92 Where did you read that you get 5 IP for free????? You've get 1 for free and you can buy a maximum of 5 IP at basic service level for 1.99EUR/IP.

Ramnode (referral link)

• TarZZ92 said: u get 5 extra IP's free with the server (well atleast i did 2 weeks ago) they call them failover ips, you have options of virtual mac etc, IPV6 Works fine

When I looked at their site, it says only 1 IP and Additional IP addresses at €1.99 / month / address.
      If they have 5 IPv4, gives me more than 10$ savings, which will be great.

• bizzard said: When I looked at their site, it says only 1 IP and Additional IP addresses at €1.99 / month / address. If they have 5 IPv4, gives me more than 10$ savings, which will be great.

Strange isnt it. but if you signup now itll only set you back maybe 10 euro since they charge pro-rota

• @bizzard Yes thats the truth. You've get only 1IP with the server by default.

Ramnode (referral link)

• TarZZ92 said: Strange isnt it. but if you signup now itll only set you back maybe 10 euro since they charge pro-rota

I have some time to decide. Let me look at my options. And since online.net is in Europe, expecting much better offers in US.

• pbalazs123 said: @bizzard Yes thats the truth. You've get only 1IP with the server by default.

have you signed up with them? or you just spouting what you see?

@bizzard you get failover IP's with the server.

• TarZZ92 said: @bizzard you get failover IP's with the server.

I need to clarify that. The website doesn't give the impression of 5 IPv4 for the base cost. And as mentioned above, I have few days time before making a final decision.

• @TarZZ92 Yes i have signed up with them. And i'm using exactly the same server. And yes i've got only 1IP and for the failover IPs i have to pay 1.99EUR/month. I know the rules there i'm an old customer so please don't mislead OP please.

Thanked by 1bizzard

Ramnode (referral link)

• @bizzard Don't believe what @TarZZ92 said. It's bullshit. You have to pay for the failover IP.

Ramnode (referral link)

• pbalazs123 said: @TarZZ92 Yes i have signed up with them. And i'm using exactly the same server. And yes i've got only 1IP and for the failover IPs i have to pay 1.99EUR/month. I know the rules there i'm an old customer so please don't mislead OP please.

Thanks for the clarification. How is the overall performance and support?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
      edited March 2014

@bizzard here is the proof and i am not misleading anyone. i got 5 free ips as u can see in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/pGLnA08.png

• TarZZ92 said: @bizzard here is the proof and i am not misleading anyone. i got 5 free ips as u can see in the screenshot.

If that's the case, I will try contacting their support.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

• bizzard said: Do you guys have any other suggestions?

OVH and thats about it for cheapest in EU, well maybe 1and1?

• @bizzard Well performance is 5 star. For the network and for the server aswell. Customer support is 4 stars. Speed of answer always depends on how much work they have. I didn't had so much problems with them but when i had problem with something it has been resolved in a few hours. So i think it's a good choice. I have six of these servers and two bigger ones with them. :)

Ramnode (referral link)

• GaNiGaNi Member
      edited March 2014

@bizzard

Which carrier is giving you IPv6?

• TarZZ92 said: OVH and thats about it for cheapest in EU, well maybe 1and1?

Europe is fine, but US is more preferred, expecting better connectivity as most of the VPS's I need to back up are located in the US.

pbalazs123 said: I have six of these servers and two bigger ones with them. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. 8 Dedi's from a single provider seems like they are pretty good.

• @TarZZ92 Would you please show your invoice or your services list in your account. Because this is not clarify that you've got it for free. You CANNOT have that free. If you add an extra IP to your server they will automatically withdraw the price for it from your PayPal account, because you have to make a subscription with them.

Ramnode (referral link)

• pbalazs123 said: If you add an extra IP to your server they will automatically withdraw the price for it from your PayPal account,

they where already there :) in the failover section. and sure. give me 10 mins.

• GaNi said: Which carrier is giving you IPv6?

I don't have an IPv6 connectivity, but I need to backup few IPv6 only VPS.

• I AM BACK :)

• @TarZZ92 Click on your username at right top >> My account >> Services. Do you have fee for failover IPs?

Ramnode (referral link)

• ngstargatengstargate Member, Provider

said: A decent CPU supporting virtualization 4GB RAM or more 1TB HDD; If RAID support, better 100Mbps unmetered or 1Gbps with atleast 5TB 4 or 5 usable IPv4 IPv6; native will be better

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

PrimaHost - Linux and Windows VPS - Germany, France, Canada

• pbalazs123 said: @TarZZ92 Click on your username at right top >> My account >> Services. Do you have fee for failover IPs?

it would appear you are correct in this case, however it seems silly them hiding this and not explaining things properly. even still its really cheap for what you actually get. for the same or similiar price OVH would give you only 100Mbps am able to get 900Mbps+ on speed tests. and it comes with IDRAC

• BruceBruce Member

delimiter is cheap, and offer v6

• Checked their options. The minimum one which satisfies my needs is of 38Euro (~ 55USD), with 12GB RAM, 2x1TB and a i7 Processor. Also, not much details about extra IP costs.

Also, I have heard some bad reviews about Hetzner earlier. Not sure how their service is now.

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
      edited March 2014

@TarZZ92

They're not hiding that. :) Here's the clarification:

online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-classic

It shows 1 adresse IPV4.

And here are the price for additional IPs:

online.net/en/dedicated-server/adresse-ip-failover-virtual-mac

Overall yes they're cool in everything. :)

Ramnode (referral link)

• Bruce said: delimiter is cheap, and offer v6

Can you point me to any offer? I checked their site and seems like they are out of stock.

I am not looking for the cheaper ones, but those which meets my requirement in a budget range.

• If you're interested in experimenting everything on a KVM we can offer one in Dallas with IPv6

• BruceBruce Member

@bizzard said:
      I am not looking for the cheaper ones, but those which meets my requirement in a budget range.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23798/us-delimiter-dedi-specials-repost-from-wht-of-let-friendly-offers

• ultimatehostings said: If you're interested in experimenting everything on a KVM we can offer one in Dallas with IPv6

I would love to have some taste of a dedi

The Delimiter march offers looks good. Configured one with Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 2 x 500GB, 4 extra IP's for $102 quarterly, which is < 35USD per month.

Looking at their reviews now and not sure whether Dual X5150 is a good CPU.

• @Bizzard - what do you want to do with the server?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
      edited March 2014

2xL5520
      24gb ram
      1TB HDD
      /29 IPv4
      /64 IPv6
      100mbit unmetered
      $69/month
      https://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=150

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • @Bizzard - In case you're looking at the higher end above X5150, here's our L5520 offer, its using enterprise grade hardware - HP BL460 Blade server, you also get gigabit network, hardware RAID controller (in case you add a second disk), dedicated IPMI/KVM/power control. Price $69/month (paid monthly), drops with longer commits:

HP BL460 Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB - $49/mo

Eight L5520 cores, 16 threads, VT support - runs all major OS, perfect for web hosting, VPS server or Minecraft

• 2 x Quad Core L5520 Xeon
      • 24GB RAM
      • 1TB Disk (hardware RAID already on board - add second disk for RAID1/RAID0)
      • Gigabit port
      • /29 IPv4 Subnet
      • /64 IPv6 address block
      • Hardware RAID Controller
      • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
      • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
      • 25TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (Pay annually get that doubled to 50TB)
      • OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Windows (bring your own license) or install your own ISO via the Virtual Media
      • Unmanaged

$49/month (payable annually at $588/year) - Coupon SAVEMARCH2014 (Annuals get double bandwidth)

$59/month (payable quarterly at $177/quarter) - Coupon SAVEMARCH2014

$69/month (payable month-to-month) - Coupon SAVEMARCH2014

Order Here

Servers are in-stock

• @concerto49 Replied to you in the other forum.

@MarkTurner Do you have any CPU in between those two? Also, 8GB RAM is more than enough for me. If you can cut down the RAM and reflect that on the price, it would be great.

• BruceBruce Member

@bizzard said:
      MarkTurner Do you have any CPU in between those two? Also, 8GB RAM is more than enough for me. If you can cut down the RAM and reflect that on the price, it would be great.

what about their other offer, as per link I gave you?

HP BL460C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB - $39/mo

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Member, Provider

We might have a dedicated server for you available. You can contact us if interested. (with 100Mbit or 1Gbps unmetered).

VPSSLIM.com - Cheap Virtual Private Servers - Instant Setup | Like us on Facebook
      Looking for Premium Cloud Hosting?
    • Bruce said: what about their other offer, as per link I gave you?

HP BL460C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB - $39/mo

I missed that out. It seems like an ideal one, but the network is what bothers me. The screenshot posted in the other thread shows the network speeds is much lower than what most of my VPS's have and I am planning to backup them.

VPSSLIM said: We might have a dedicated server for you available. You can contact us if interested. (with 100Mbit or 1Gbps unmetered).

Sending you a PM.

• infolinkinfolink Member
      edited March 2014

What about OVH/Kimsufi?

FyreHosting - Enterprise Grade IaaS Solutions

• infolink said: What about OVH/Kimsufi?

They are out of stock in most of the plans which suits my requirement and not much people recommend them.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Member, Provider

@bizzard said:
      Sending you a PM.

Thanks

VPSSLIM.com - Cheap Virtual Private Servers - Instant Setup | Like us on Facebook
      Looking for Premium Cloud Hosting?
    • Finally decided to go with CloudShards/GetDedi, with their $49 plan (https://getdedi.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=14) at Dallas, Texas.

Ordered it today and hope to have it delivered by the end of week.

• itgodsitgods Member
      edited April 2014

edit

• alsemanyalsemany Member
      edited April 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
      bizzard here is the proof and i am not misleading anyone. i got 5 free ips as u can see in the screenshot.

it's not free ips :)
      you will be pay for this ips at the end of every month :)

even if you cancel the service the invoice will be generated and you have to pay it.