Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tax-paying for selling hosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tax-paying for selling hosts?

AkiraAkira Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hello all LEB providers,

do you guys pay taxes to the countries you live in/operate from? Are you incorporated? Does PayPal provide access to user information of tax inspectors of all the countries?

Comments

• Yes, yes, I'm not sure why Paypal would give user information to tax inspectors.

• AkiraAkira Member

I think they give it to the IRS but I don't know about other countries. If IRS wasn't able to check your PayPal they would spot you selling stuff you don't pay tax for only when you transfer your money on PayPal to your US bank account. (Appear on your door step asking where this money came from, etc) But they wouldn't be able to see the money you received to your PayPal and keep there.

• To my knowledge paypal reports you to the IRS if you make over 2k a month. If your like us you have to get tax documents from paypal then in order to claim it and stuff.

• AkiraAkira Member

@PytoHost

paypal reports you to the IRS if you make over 2k a month

I'm not in the US. Which brings us to: Does PayPal only the slave of the IRS or all local tax watchdogs?

• Ofcourse we do., Unless your a kiddie host.

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@Akira said: Does PayPal only the slave of the IRS or all local tax watchdogs?

PayPal complies with the financial regulations in place in each country it handles transactions for, and does what the governments in these countries tell them.

I encourage you to google PayPal India and PayPal Turkey for a few more examples.

• nabonabo Member

@Akira said: do you guys pay taxes to the countries you live in/operate from? Are you incorporated? Does PayPal provide access to user information of tax inspectors of all the countries?

Wether or not incorporated, the crucial point is your bookkeeping (either your personal or the one for your company). This is what financial administration will check. Paypal is just acting like a normal bank according to the laws in your country.