Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable VPS provider with large HDD?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable VPS provider with large HDD?

I am interested in buying a VPS with large HDD and 1Gbps bandwidth for a filehosting website. I was thinking on using a VPS from 5gbps.com since their offers come with large HDD for $29. I had a VPS from them in past and the performance and network was very good. I also looked at buyvm.com. They offer 1TB space for only $30 but the traffic limit is low and I don't know anything about performance and network. What would you recommend me guys?

Comments

• swiftway cloud maybe? i got a 750GB HDD with them for only 14 dollars

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

We can do:

512MB RAM

1TB HDD

1Gbps

$20 per month

• they also do 1TB for 18 dollars!

• Could combine 2 x CloudShards offers into one machine?

http://lowendbox.com/blog/cloud-shards-7month-2gb-openvz-7month-500gb-storage-kvm-and-more-in-dallas

KVM 500GB
    1 CPU @ 50%
    320MB RAM
    500GB Disk space
    2TB bandwidth
    1Gbps uplink
    1x IPv4 address
    8x IPv6 address
    KVM/SolusVM
    $7/month

• i would preffer to have a xen machine, not openvz, since on openvz, the resources can be oversold... @Fliphost, how much would be for 1GB RAM or 2GB? it is xen or openvz based?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

@daplaya214

The resources on any virt can be oversold. $22 for 1GB $25 for 2GB. This is OpenVZ.

• thanks all for your answers! i buyed finally from 5gbps.com and i am satisfied. performance and network are very good. hope to be the same in future too :)

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

@Fliphost said:
    The resources on any virt can be oversold. $22 for 1GB $25 for 2GB. This is OpenVZ.

SolusVM or any other common vps control panels do not support thin provisioning with KVM or XEN.Ballooning can also be easily detected but compared to that it is a child's play to oversell on OpenVZ.

edited April 2014

@daplaya214 said:
    I am interested in buying a VPS with large HDD and 1Gbps bandwidth for a filehosting website. I was thinking on using a VPS from 5gbps.com since their offers come with large HDD for $29. I had a VPS from them in past and the performance and network was very good. I also looked at buyvm.com. They offer 1TB space for only $30 but the traffic limit is low and I don't know anything about performance and network. What would you recommend me guys?

Choose a provider on the basis of what your requirements are, if you really need more 1 TB or more I would recommend taking a dedicated server from SoYouStart or online.net

• @K2Bytes most probably that's why the performance of KVM and XEN VPS is much better than openvz at almost all providers..

• i was also worried about that, but apparently those are all posts from a single not satisfied user, this is what one of their representants explained. their website is more than 1 year old, they have a verified business ssl, company seems to be legit (searched about them). also their vps is working very good, the support is friendly and always there, i never had a downtime till now.. why should i not trust them?

• @daplaya214 said:
    K2Bytes most probably that's why the performance of KVM and XEN VPS is much better than openvz at almost all providers..

Yes that is true the performance of virtual servers is directly proportional to the number of users on the node, hardware used. .Even if a provider is offering XEN or KVM but hosting 50+ vps on an E3 node then thatis also extreme overloading & would hurt CPU & I/0 performance for all.But in lowend market you cannot blame a provider for overselling or using older hardware as profit margins are really thin.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Yes that is true the performance of virtual servers is directly proportional to the number of users on the node, hardware used. .Even if a provider is offering XEN or KVM but hosting 50+ vps on an E3 node then thatis also extreme overloading & would hurt CPU & I/0 performance for all.But in lowend market you cannot blame a provider for overselling or using older hardware as profit margins are really thin.

well 5gbps.com claims that they have only 5 vps per hardware server. most probably this is not true, but the disk performance and network are really good so i don't think they can install much more than 5 vps per server.

edited April 2014

@daplaya214 said:
    well 5gbps.com claims that they have only 5 vps per hardware server. most probably this is not true, but the disk performance and network are really good so i don't think they can install much more than 5 vps per server.

They use very old hardware with 24 GB RAM & selling it with their prices is profitable enough

• Vultr HDD plan 640GB for $15 ^_^

• Just get a dedicated box for this, there's no chance anyone sane would offer you that amount of storage/IO-rape for cheap.

• Backupsy :)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @daplaya214 said:

They are disabled on WHT, not looking good.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @jeffreywinters said:
    They are disabled on WHT, not looking good.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1367736

• yes they are not disabled on wht.. i also heared about them 1 month ago from wht.. hope to not have any problems with them, because i am really satisfied with the services..