Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen

Comments

• As a consumer, I wouldn't feel comfortable from buying from a provider that do not provide clarification and try to avoid the question on who they are really owned by.

• beardbeard Member

Hey kids, want to know the moral of the story here?

Register a new LLC after each new adventure and dump it off when it's done!

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@beard exactly! If your gonna scam people at least have the decency to come up with a new scam each time

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@birdie25 said: I'm amazed that this is still going strong.

I am too, but I know in the end VPS6 will continue to thrive and this sad attempt at discrediting them will lead to nothing. My big issue with it though is people take things for face value, they see the words VPS6 and scam and from then on assume they're scammers when they're not. That's why I get so annoyed with other companies on here are fueling this fire, it's childish and unprofessional.

• @taipres no Donn Fry company survives. He runs until no money then runs

• taiprestaipres Member

When VPS6 is still here in 5/6 months are any of you going to apologize?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@taipres You must at least admit that being owned by a company that is owned by a guy who they know nothing about, who creates companies of this type, is a little odd. This coming from someone who praises their products and support. So long as they keep this up they'll have my money for personal systems (nothing else). But let's be honest, it is likely who they say it is. If he has changed, awesome. If he's scared he won't be given a chance without hiding it, I understand. I don't demand explanation from them, but I will admit that this is all noteworthy.

As for now, awesome support and incredible services, all I can ask for.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: I have nothing against the BuyVM koolaid but i'm also not drinking it.

I think at this point you're trying to prevent anyone from drinking or going within ten feet of the BuyVM koolaid. (At the risk of derailing the thread further, do you ever worry that you repel potential readers from your site with such obvious bias against providers? I'll admit that disclosure is the new impartiality, but nonetheless..)

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@ihatetonyy said: I think at this point you're trying to pour loads of rat poison into the BuyVM koolaid. (At the risk of derailing the thread further, do you ever worry that you repel potential readers from your site with such obvious bias against providers? I'll admit that disclosure is the new impartiality, but nonetheless..)

Believe it or not but I care very little about BuyVM, I just don't like any providers bashing another based off baseless claims. And Aldryic seems to keep doing that, hence why I called him out on it. In terms of turning users away from my site, considering the daily unique traffic is pretty high i'm not concerned. My sites for providers and users, that's why it exists, I get nothing out of it, though I may put a few ads back on eventually, am in no rush. Anyway this isn't about me, this is about bashing a quality company and continuing to, even after weeks/months which is when this thread was original created. And in that time VPS6 continues to rock.

The way I look at this situation is like this, Jeremy may very well be Don, I SERIOUSLY doubt it, but if he is, then he's pulling off one of the most elaborate pump and dumps ever. Even still, right now, right here his company has given me 2-3 months of nothing but quality, and if VPS6 disappears tommorow i'll definitely be annoyed, but I can't expect much for $4 something a month. I do backups and such(as everyone should) and go about my business.

Also to be fair various companies on here have had turbulent histories, BlueVM being one, but he's come back much stronger than in the past and has done a great job from what i've heard thus far(the hack stuff could happen to anyone).

But I still don't think Jeremy is Don and until it's proven I won't. On the same token if it's never proven none of you are going to apologize to VPS6...so they get to have their name drug through the mud without no recourse...

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@Francisco Don't waste your time man

Thanked by 2laaev BluBoy
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@taipres you appear to be blindly supporting a company owned by a company that has a very very bad track record.

edited May 2012

@taipres said: this is about bashing a quality company and continuing to, even after weeks/months which is when this thread was original created. And in that time VPS6 continues to rock.

The questions are legitimate. While I have nothing but praise towards VPS6 -- my VPS with them in Chicago is absolutely superb w/r/t disk speed and especially network speed -- I, too, am curious about the ownership arrangement. I won't cancel my service until things go down the tubes or until the company shuts down, though.

The thread was revived by concernednetizen, not by Aldyric or Francisco. And, believe it or not, you're continuing to this thread rising to the top of the posts by replying to it.

And let me frame my question in a bit of a different light, then: if an LET mod or LEB writer were going after another VPS company as you do BuyVM, would you be crying foul?

Thanked by 1laaev
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@ihatetonyy said: The thread was revived by concernednetizen, not by Aldyric or Francisco. And, believe it or not, you're continuing to this thread rising to the top of the posts by replying to it.

That's a fair point, but keep in mind this thread was started weeks/months ago, then it seemed to die off and then someone pushed it to the top again. So it's possible this can continue to linger and pop back up when someone feels like trying to hurt VPS6 until people stop, and I was just sharing my opinions as to why you guys are wrong. In terms of Jeremy responding here, yet again, IDK what you want him to say, if he's not Don and he doesn't know him(as he's said) what more is there to say? Jeremy doesn't own ServerGuru's afaik but they own part of VPS6.

edited May 2012

@taipres said: IDK what you want him to say, if he's not Don and he doesn't know him(as he's said) what more is there to say?

I believe the major point of contention now is the lack of any response re: Alchymic Networks LLC.

Again, I'm not against VPS6 nor would I care if Satan himself owned it, as long as the service is great and doesn't go down the shitter. But transparency and trust are key and blah blah blah round like a circle in a spiral like a wheel in a wheel etc etc

Also, that whole public relations thing. I know some providers here believe all press is good press, but..

• taiprestaipres Member

I think if anyone has any doubts they should go ask Jeremy directly at vps6.net via the live support or support form thing they have, as I know they're not ducking anyone they just choose not to participate in this thread anymore obviously.

• @taipres

Don't ever accuse anybody of been a buyvm fan boy because your so far up VPS6s ass you can't see the light.

Are they hosting your blog or something?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@taipres said: When VPS6 is still here in 5/6 months are any of you going to apologize?

If they are not - Will you promise to shut up for some time? ;)

• i just love how LET goes apeshit and CSI mode every once a fortnight. Who's next? Damn Fly?

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

@taipres: so now you're saying its not okay for members, even other providers, of this community to have boxes from BuyVM just because they're big? I know for a fact that, as a consumer, I get my choice. Sure, ratings will affect it, but only by this little. Eventually, I still choose who I want to sign up with, and that's a decision on my part. I'm pretty satisfied with my BuyVM service, and am sure I can try out VPS6 one day - though why would I change something that's working well at this time? It wouldn't make sense!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: so now you're saying its not okay for members, even other providers, of this community to have boxes from BuyVM just because they're big?

I'll keep this brief so we can get back to the topic at hand. The funny part is that a few people like to talk a lot of smack about us and how they dislike us, etc, but when their server is under a DDoS, or their host of choice deadpools and they needs plans fast, they always come knocking on our door.

A perfect example is @dmmcintyre3. The man isn't capable of saying a nice thing about us and spent months directing business from our channel to other hosts, yet when his site melted @mitgib's bulletproof cisco router, he came knocking at our door without us making a single offer to him for protection. We spent hours making adjustments with awknet to handle the SYN. In the end? the only nod we got was him stating we resolved it...with the help of awknet.

Stock is coming on Monday, @taipres can prove how unbiased he is by submitting our sales run on his blog without an expiry. If he doesn't? then there you go, his claims of running an unbiased blog is crap and he's no better than any other blog maintainer that 'chooses the content that gets submitted'.

Now, please try to keep on the topic at hand. I have no beef with VPS6 but as @VMPort stated, if it wasn't for him, Aldryic, & myself, there would have been no public pressure on nordicvps, uptimevps, enetsouth, and many other larger deadpoolers to try to clean up falsehoods.

Francisco

• @Francisco

A lot of people are jealous :). You guys are doing a good job. Back to topic.

We need some real mod's here.

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: Problem with your assumption is that he's not the only one trying to shed some historic light.

Well, since you seem to have taken up one of the pitchforks while @httpzoom has one of the torches, perhaps either of you could enlighten us as to what D. Fry has done that is illegal, e.g. "stealing" someone's money, etc?

By @spirit's vendetta, I mean his constant dredging up and monotonous repetition of "But why won't he answer this?", when he is apparently unable to answer the same question I (and others, say @KuJoe) asked above and he has neither been affected nor has any first-hand knowledge of Mr. Fry's supposedly illegal activities.

At this point, everyone is well aware of three facts:
    1. D. Fry has a history of running "pump-and-dump" providers; after they are sold off, there is no guarantee that the level of service or recurring pricing will remain the same.
    2. There is a decent probability that VPS6.net is somehow affiliated with Alchymic LLC, which in turn is most probably owned by said Mr. Fry; beyond a certain point, VPS6.net is not willing to pierce this corporate veil in public.
    3. From numerous "testimonials", here and on WHT, etc., VPS6.net has so far been an up-and-up operation, with good pricing and good performance.

Knowing these, people can make their own decisions whether to become a client or not. As advised by numerous folks, take backups, and don't make a long-term prepaid commitment unless you know a provider is going to always be there.

Does running "pump-and-dump" schemes reflect well on a provider? No. Is it unethical? Perhaps, especially if the provider knows that the purchaser is going to screw existing customers. But is it illegal? Hell no, unless some other evidence is brought forth. So far, none has been forthcoming. All the "light" we have seen is @concernednetizen's hard-to-piece-together story and @spirit's third-hand ravings. I'm sure you'll agree that "ban them!" as @httpzoom wants, or "remove their ads" as @spirit wants, are extreme actions to take based on such flimsy evidence of illegality.

@taipres: enough with the BuyVM obsession already. Count me among those who visited your site initially, even thought the extended format was kinda cool, but now stay away simply because of your odious attitude on here.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@quirkyquark - If he ran off with people not getting service then that's illegal. I'm thinking it's more that people can predict what the outcome will be.

It's kinda like any company that got purchased by Rus. No matter how solid the brand was before hand, you know the node count is going to drop by 75% as he merges the boxes together to increase profits. Performance will likely dump and support will be mostly per-ticket Indians.

If NordicVPS suddenly made a return I'd expect them to get the same pitchforking action Donn is. While Nordic didn't scam anyone (that has made their voice heard, most everyone got enough time to pull data), they still deadpooled and pulled some sketchy stunts. It's in the communities best interest to self check.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

All I just read is that buyvm is effectively being DDOS'd on Monday by people scrambling to grab stock ;)

• debugdebug Member

@Francisco any KVM stock coming as well?

• AldryicAldryic Member

@debug said: @Francisco any KVM stock coming as well?

Yup, we'll have KVM and OVZ. I'll ask Fran to give an official count when he gets up later :P

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

@Francisco said: A perfect example is @dmmcintyre3. The man isn't capable of saying a nice thing about us and spent months directing business from our channel to other hosts, yet when his site melted @mitgib's bulletproof cisco router, he came knocking at our door without us making a single offer to him for protection. We spent hours making adjustments with awknet to handle the SYN. In the end? the only nod we got was him stating we resolved it...with the help of awknet.

o_O Why the negativity?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

There was an incident, I think we can leave it at that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@quirkyquark said: or "remove their ads" as @spirit wants

Huh? I said that? Or anything close to that? Where? :S
    All what I can say after all this is that I wish good luck to all currently happy VPS6.net clients. History says that it will be needed.

• yomeroyomero Member

@DotVPS said: This sounds like someone else who got banned? @Naruto

YEs, and then apparently he is around again... :P