Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Heh, he knew the answer before he asked :) So what's the purpose of his question then? So what if some random remark by someone (in this case VMPort I think) isn't completely correct vs whole thread point?

@KuJoe said: So far all of my questions about VPS6 have gone unanswered.

Huh? Here we go again.. good ole KuJoe...

• @Spirit said: Heh, he knew the answer before he asked :) So what's the purpose of his question then? So what if some random remark by someone (in this case VMPort I think) isn't completely correct vs whole thread point?

I never said they had an LEB post, i said they advertise on LEB (Which they do) in the square ad's on the right.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Ok @VMPort, you're right. But that's mainly KuJoe misunderstanding (or better picking on this) not mine.

• beardbeard Member

@KuJoe
    It seems like the "smoking gun" may be some registered agent service like what incnow.com does with Delaware / Nevada LLC and INC registrations plus since seems to validate the person's complaint, that's the only "solid evidence" that I've seen.

For non-business minded people or overseas people, this seems suspicious.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

He needs to respond to why it says ALCHYMIC LLC in these public records that concernedcitizen paid $2 for.

And this of course.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Spirit said: So what if some random remark by someone (in this case VMPort I think) isn't completely correct vs whole thread point?

I asked because 2 people made the same request. What do you not understand about this?

@Spirit said: Huh? Here we go again.. good ole KuJoe...

I am sorry if I'm trying to be useful, why can't you try to be the same?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited May 2012

@KuJoe said: I am sorry if I'm trying to be useful, why can't you try to be the same?

What don't you get? We've had threads going on here plus posts by the old LEA on LEB about this Alchymic LLC / Dan Fry character for years now. You appear to be playing dumb.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit I still have not seen anything illegal like everybody is claiming. I'm trying to do something about this but it's like pulling teeth. Why was I dragged into this again?

@KuJoe said: I still have not seen anything illegal like everybody is claiming. I'm trying to do something about this but it's like pulling teeth. Why was I dragged into this again?

Why does it need to be illegal? Is the new LEB standard that everything goes as long as its legal no matter how shady it is?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

VPS6 is partially owned by ServerGurus, LLC and soon they'll be fully integrated directly with ServerGurus(this came directly from Chris). Anyway I wish people would stop trying to throw mud at VPS6, they've already put up with enough when WHT unjustly banned them for no real reason. VPS6's hardware and network is fantastic (and it's clear they've invested a good deal of money into it), pump and dump companies don't do that, it's not in their best interest. VPS6's support team is also on most the day too, usually, just about every day, live support...so really, they're doing everything right and people just keep trying to knock them down. Also as a customer myself for two or three months now I can say their Chicago nodes have had great uptime and i'm happy :)

Thanked by 1beard
  • subigosubigo Member

@JoeMerit said: Why does it need to be illegal? Is the new LEB standard that everything goes as long as its legal no matter how shady it is?

I was under the impression that he just closed companies and kept everyone's money. Is that not the case? If the guy just flipped his companies, I don't see why everyone is complaining...

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@subigo said: I was under the impression that he just closed companies and kept everyone's money. Is that not the case? If the guy just flipped his companies, I don't see why everyone is complaining...

You don't see why everyone is complaining most likely because your need to participate in this thread with your two cents without actually reading it. You have usually strong opinion about things however try to invest atleast basic effort to participate in this thread (ie. read thread before you discuss about it).

@concernednetizen said: Sell company ok, but he sell company when server no pay and data center stop server. I lose 100$ but problem this vps take time make ready.

@Spirit said: (What @concernednetizen want to say here is that it's nothing wrong with selling established companies however Dann Fry repetitiously (ab)use pages like LET/WHT to lure customers into pre-paid relationship with him, then vps nodes usually dissapear and then after some time of silence and ignorance new, usually anonymous, owner appear with "It's not my fault for money/data loss, old owner did that". And as there isn't only one lonely case but repetitious process where he use fake names (Alan Jones, Omar Sing, David Krause...) this can be considered as organized scam where customers always get the short end.)

Still don't see why everyone (including those which lost their money, time.. and observing him doing this again and again and again...) are complaining?

@KuJoe said: I am sorry if I'm trying to be useful, why can't you try to be the same?

Because you appear to playing dumb and it's not even first time. At some point this start to become annoying. Unlike you few of us actually spent some time and effort with argumenting and clarifying in this thread so don't try to act like you're the one who suddenly try to be useful.

• subigosubigo Member

@Spirit said: You don't see why everyone is complaining most likely because your need to participate in this thread without reading it. You have usually strong opinion about things however try to invest atleast basic effort to participate in this thread (ie. read thread before you discuss about it).

So enlighten me. I read the thread. Show me how he stole people's money.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

I just did. Would it help you if I use BOLD in quote above?

• subigosubigo Member

@Spirit said: I just did. Would it help you if I use BOLD in quote above?

Yes. And please print a copy and mail it to my home address. Perhaps a copy by fax, as well. Thanks.

• I think there is a bit of a language disconnect here. From extensive reading of WHT threads and LEB comments before I decided to buy a VPS from VPS6.net, my understanding is the same as @subigo's.

@concernednetizen appears to be the only person in this thread saying his money was "stolen". I understand English is not his first language, so he either needs to have a fellow native speaker clean up his story and then present it here and/or just put up documentary evidence--screenshots of tickets, etc. so we can judge for ourselves.

@Spirit: have you also lost your money, or are just recycling second and third-hand info gleaned from reading threads and comments? As best as I can tell, you're saying that pre-paid VPSs "disappeared" for some time, then a "new owner" appeared out of thin air, took your data hostage, you paid and it turned out new was the same as old, VPSs disappeared again, rinse and repeat??

@KuJoe is doIng things right IMO. The question of identity is secondary; we need to establish first what exactly Dann Fry did that was illegal -- and sorry, but if we are to rely only on @concernednetizen's experience, it needs to be much clearer and preferably documented.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@spirit: you have made your point, but your posts on the last page or two have made very little sense and makes you appear hostile to everybody. Maybe just calm down a bit, and put the foil-cap on!

@everybody_else: As a VPS6 customer, can someone explain to me what is going on! Can anyone link a few LET/WHT threads which discuss why this guy is hated so much. I am curious to see how the previous providers ended up and if I should be jumping ship now! (at this stage, I have a box performing fantastically and would need a very good reason to leave!). I see there are plenty of other people in this thread asking for examples as well, so it's not just me you'd be helping out!

Finally... JeremyH (?) has been posting in other threads... Any chance @vps6net could come in here ad clear some things up? Your silence makes you look worse then if you just came out and admitted/denied/clarified your relationship in here.

• taiprestaipres Member

VPS6 hasn't scammed anyone, this random guy don fry has, so until VPS6 does anything I think people should stop making threads like this, as you're just trying to discredit this quality company. What's interesting is it seems like only the people that don't use them are the ones trying to sling mud. let me list some tell tale signs of pump and dump/scam companies NONE of which BTW that VPS6 does.

• Whois Guard on
    • No SSL on checkout
    • Too good to be true plans/prices
    • Half hearted/slow/bad support (once they get your money)
    • Non-legitly registered company(LLC etc...)
    • No hardware, service, or locations expansions
    • Oversold/overcrowded plans
    • Nulled software/non-legit licenses

Again VPS6 suffers from none of that, they've been the complete opposite, extremely professional, and even going so far to entertain this ridiculous thread with responses...which apparently wasn't good enough for you guys :\ Ultimately, I just think this really comes down to people are jealous of their success, which is unfortunate.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@quirkyquark oh, no... I jumped from Delimiter train before I got burnt like hundreds other did, and thanks to threads like this one I sucessfully avoided few other debacles like TelVPS.

@BluBoy don't long term prepay it, don't host anything valuable to you, make regular backups, expect all the worst, don't invest too much of your time in this vps and you will be fine - this is all what I can advice you. As someone who's almost from beginning at LEB I saw so many, really many bad things from Dann Fry inventions under plenty different fake identities, fake names and stories never ended well... I simply don't believe anymore that this time will turn differently.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@taipres said: VPS6 hasn't scammed anyone, this random guy don fry has

Your "random guy's" company Alchymic LLC appears to own VPS6 from the business records that concernedcitizen paid $2 to get.

I dont think anyone has to add anymore to this thread. We just have to wait until "Jeremy" wants to address this.

• taiprestaipres Member

@BluBoy said: Finally... JeremyH (?) has been posting in other threads... Any chance @vps6net could come in here ad clear some things up? Your silence makes you look worse then if you just came out and admitted/denied/clarified your relationship in here

He's already done that, multiple times in this thread(check the front page) the man shouldn't have to keep repeating himself, people on here just want VPS6 to fail out of jealously or whatever else, but it doesn't matter what they want because those who've used VPS6 know they're the quality.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: He's already done that

No he did not. He never explained anything relevant. He usually says that he don't know Dann, that he don't know Alchymic LLC (ignoring material proofs which show differently) and then irrelevantly quote some TOS or something. He avoid to give direct answer to direct question.

• shunnyshunny Member

Man stop complaining and trying to abuse a perfectly good company.

• SpiritSpirit Member

He needs to respond to why it says ALCHYMIC LLC in these public records that concernedcitizen paid $2 for.

• @JoeMerit: have you been burned before--or had your money "stolen"? Let's first figure out what law has been broken, or ethical boundary crossed, here.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

He said that he's not connected with Dann Fry/ALCHYMIC LLC

• @Spirit: you said you "jumped off" and have no first-hand horror story of mistreatment at the hands of Alchymic. You just keep spouting off about how "hundreds" were swindled. This is looking very much like some kind of personal crusade/vendetta on your part at this point.

• subigosubigo Member

@Spirit said: He said that he's not connected with Dann Fry/ALCHYMIC LLC

Nobody is denying that the guy is dodging questions and not saying who he really is... We're asking for some coherent proof that he stole money from people.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@quirkyquark said: This is looking very much like some kind of personal crusade/vendetta on your part at this point.

Problem with your assumption is that he's not the only one trying to shed some historic light. Look at it this way... when's the last time @Spirit and I agreed on something? :P

Thanked by 2Francisco Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@quirkyquark but if we put everything, really everything beside. Isn't atleast this worth to clarify:

Because from some reason (even if everything would be perfect) vps6.net guy lie with saying that he don't know Dann F./ALCHYMIC LLC.