Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen

Comments

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

@jarland said: The thing about VPS6 is that if it is this guy pulling another scam, he's making some beautiful systems at the moment.

Absolutely, if VPS6 is running a "scam" they're doing a very poor job of it :) Apart from some network hiccups and that their Xen HVM service isn't ready for prime time yet, I've been very happy with my VPS6.net XenPV so far.

To clarify, the scams Dan/Donn Fry ran were pump-and-dump schemes, i.e. start up a VPS provider, attract tons of clientele with LEB prices and decent service, and then sell the whole thing to someone else, upon which prices would go up and quality usually go down.

If you're concerned this may be the case with VPS6, simply pay month-by-month, and consider that the "deal" you got may not be around for ever. If switching providers would be too much in terms of time/$$$ for you, consider hosting your production website elsewhere.

All that said, @concernednetizen has managed to discover some intriguing bits of info.

@concernednetizen said: Parties page say Dan Keen is owner

No. It says Dan Keen is organizer, which for an LLC means someone who fills out and submits the paperwork -- after which control is transferred to the members of the LLC. The organizer need not be a member of the LLC.

Some Googling will show that Dan Keen is listed as organizer for tons of LLCs, most of which probably have nothing to do with the Internet. It appears that Mr. Keen is associated with Northwest Registered Agents, who for $100 will help you form your LLC; part of this service probably includes "organizing" (i.e. filing) the LLC documents.

What is fascinating though is the paid page @concernednetizen found, showing that the VPS6 limited partnership consists basically of ONE general parter, Alchymic LLC, and NO limited partners. Alchymic LLC was also registered on the same date (November 2, 2011) on which the vps6.net domain registration was last updated. Alchymic is a known "name" used by Dan/Donn Fry.

A "general partner" is effectively in the driver's seat of a limited partnership. It would be nice if @vps6net could explain the meaning of that Montana registration. Perhaps Jeremy bought not just the domain but also the corporate structure behind it?

• @bill32 said: Also, it's interesting that they don't have their (invalid) LP registration number on their website, only on the LET and WHT forums...

You're not going to find most US companies putting up that info on their websites, simply because there is no requirement to do so -- unlike the VAT ID and stuff European companies have to put up.

Thanked by 1bill32
  • Okay, I think the response from VPS6net's staff has been satisfactory. Seeing that their legal registration exists puts me in a much better mood.

From a products standpoint, they provide great service for an amazing value. I've had them for about 2-3 months and they've been very professional (except for one accidental deletion of my VPS...needless to say I have an hourly backup system now). But in total, their services and customer support have been great.

The reason I think many of us got concerned is that the nature of the web hosting industry can be very confusing and sometimes shady. VPS6net definitely doesn't act like that at all, but it is important to be careful for "to good to be true." It helps to be a little cautious.

But, bottom line: VPS6net has really good VPSs, great prices, and a good legal standing. So I'm going to keep using them! Doesn't look like a Donn Fry scam.

• Don say on WHT Alchymic LLC is Don company.

VPS6 LP owned by Alchymic LLC

So VPS6 own by Don

Jeremy Harnett is Don

So is

DJ Orlovsky
    James Valente
    Mark Chenoweth
    Alex Bilton
    Alan Jones
    Mark Lahn
    Omar Singh
    Erik Vergosen
    David Krouse

and the bluff companys

Daedelus Technology Group
    K R Hosting
    K R Holdings
    K R Services LLC
    K R Services Inc

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7761927&postcount=35

Here's the full disclosure you're looking for, aulismedia:** I own Alchymic LLC**. This is the consulting agency I have mentioned. It employs several people, who variously operate Boyah, 4DT, FourthDimensionalTransition, Analog\Vision, and many other Web media properties under my supervision, NOT including IonVM or any other web host.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7762829&postcount=36

Sure I was IonVM's customer, and this is from my PayPal payment for IonVM services made in August 2011:
    This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *ALCHYMICNET".
    Payment To Alchymic Networks LLC
    Business Name: Alchymic Networks LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
    Email: [email protected]

So Don say I own Alchymic LLC but no own Ionvm.

I was customer Ionvm, I pay Alchymic LLC in Paypal. I lose my money. Don take it

On this page, Don say

This was actually brought to my attention by this thread. I'm looking into the issue with WebHostingTalk's moderation team now. I do not know the identities of Donn Fry, Don Fry, Brian Combs, or any of the other names listed here.

But Jeremy is Don and VPS6 LP owned by Don

This the same lie before with Don and Ionvm

He make good VPS for some month then he has no money and he say server crash or disk stop. This lie. He no pay server so company stop server. You lose all data.

I buy Telvps then server stop, he say disk brake no data. I say ok new vps. But no new vps. I go Ionvm, good 2 months then stop. I say why stop, he say disk brake. I read people say this man steal, then I talk people and they say he no pay server but if I pay them $20 I get my data.

I pay Don more $150 with two companys, for me this big money. I lose all money.

VPS6 is same as Telvps, Ionvm and Donn other company. One day good but months after stop. Lose money and data

• http://www.whitepages.com/name/Jeremy-Hartnett/

See two people. If you in USA, call him.

As if partner of LP

• Alchymic LLC no show director in WY. MT foreign company you must. Pay $2 for Alchymic LLC directors

ALCHYMIC LLC WHITEFISH ACT

Principal Information                

Position    Name    Address              
    LLC MANAGER OR MEMBER   DAN DRY     4334 BERRYMAN AVE APT 6     LOS ANGELES     CA  90066

Don Fry (Dan Dry) is Alchymic LLC and is owns VPS6.net

http://www.homes.com/Home-Prices/ID-100006090551/4350-BERRYMAN-AVE-APT-6/

Whitespages.com show no telephone for apt 6 but you can telephone his neighbers

Cristina L Conte
    4334 Berryman Ave, Apt 8
    Los Angeles, CA 90066-6092
    Associated: Juan J Conte, Norma B Conte, Christian L Conte, Enrique R Conte, Luz M Conte, Priscilla Conte

Maria T Diaz
    (310) 397-4222
    4334 Berryman Ave, Apt 9
    Los Angeles, CA 90066-6092
    Associated: Pedro I Diaz

Carol Plummer
    (310) 391-0216
    4334 Berryman Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90066-6096

and ask to check he is there. Tell them what he do

You in Los Angeles go and see him. We go and ask our moneyback

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

It's not just ionVM, but many other Dann Fry (he's Dann not Donn!) creations under other fake identities (sometimes he's Alan Jones, sometimes Omar Sing, and so on...). Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers, Delimiter, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group.. are just few to be named. Some names succeded but most of them screwed up many people. Long time ago LEA said that he won't post his (various new) companies/offers at LEB anymore and WHT admins found something shady also in his latest known name/account (Dann_F) and banned him.

Dann Fry posted some time ago at his own boyah.net forum that domain vps6.net belongs to him and when later VPS6.NET launched business I asked vps6.net representatives at LET and WHT what's their connection with Dann Fry they refused to give any answer, pretending like they don't know any Dann Fry or what I am talking about. I would understand if they would say that they bought company/domain/site from him however why all this pretending like they don't know anything about him... They may run good service atm. however I would suggest precaution with this host as they aren't able to give honest, open answer and rather lie about it.

"Not at all, it's incredibly easy... to do what I do you just need a small network of servers, rudimentary knowledge of the software that runs virtual servers on the servers (OpenVZ + SolusVM), and a website with a shopping cart linked to the servers (WHMCS). There's highly developed software made specifically for each part, and they all have modules and APIs to work automatically with each other. I just setup the websites, let them run for a month or two, and sell the whole operation for multiple thousands as a ready-to-go web hosting property."
    ~Dann Fry at boyah.net forum

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited April 2012

I got my first VPS With IonVM Back in August 2011 and to this day I STILL have this VPS.. Even when Don DID run IonVM, the quality was EXCELLENT and so was support.. He even went as far with support to installing Kloxo Control Panel for me on my VPS, you have to pay some VPS hosts do to that for you! I honestly think @vps6net is Don Fry, but if he is, who cares? Don Fry provides great service and then once someone approaches him into buying his host, he sells it. I don't see what the big deal is here..

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2012

Dann Fry or not - pay monthly and do regular backups. With any provider.

Thanked by 2ElliotJ yomero
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@rds100 said: Dann Fry or not - pay monthly and do regular backups. With any provider.

Why not rather avoid him as he introduce big risk to be screwed up and go with some other more reputable host as example yours? :P

@Jeffrey Dann Fry provide great service? :) How long? :) Yeah, those UptimeVPS guys provided great service too... He screwed up so many people in past under various fake names, part time pump& dump companies that your "it's not big deal" can't be taken seriously. People usually open thread like this one as warning for others to avoid same bad experience as they had and only idiots don't take well argumented proved warnings seriously and thank them.

• @Spirit even if you go with us i'd recommend the same - pay monthly and make backups :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@rds100 yes of course - that's obvious :P (but I still rather avoid to waste my time and money on something where is proven increased possability that it won't work out well for me).

• I am so confused.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser jar
  • @BassHost said: I am so confused.

+1

Thanked by 2DeletedUser bijan588
  • Yeah, you guys are still new... :P

• @BassHost said: I am so confused.

Low End Lynch Mob

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Damian care to explain that? I experienced only first known Dann Fry reincarnation and run away before being screwed up as many other people was however If I remember correct (from previous writings) Op didn't have such luck... and Dann still owe him money for non provided service he paid or something like that.
    I am wondering how you would feel if your provider would one day just terminate your pre-paid servers and run away with excuse that company is sold. And then created another company which would do the same to other people. And then created another company to do the same. And another... It's not like every Dann Fry company sale ended good... Sometimes wasn't even real sale as everything keeped same tracks (same domain whois, same paypal address, etc..) and just pre-paid service has gone.

• I don't see the huge problem with pump-dump companies, so long as the people the company is dumped onto are competent.
    I believe that's where things go wrong.

Quite honestly, if I was D{on|onn|an} Fry, I'd just keep VPS6 going, they seem to be doing well from the reviews.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@ElliotJ said: so long as the people the company is dumped onto are competent.

I completely agree with that. But there was often different. After two months of downtime, non support, data loss.. some Omar Sing/Alan Jones/someone appeared and said "I bought company and it will be all good now" to pick more money and dissapear again but then some small detail (as example same old [email protected] or so paypal address) uncovered that all paiments still goes to same good ole' Dann..

@liam said: Is D... Fry perhaps Rus Fosters son?

I wouldn't even compare Rus and Dann. Rus don't use fake names in his operations, Rus don't pretend like he sold company after nodes get deleted and datas lost, Rus don't pick money without delivering service as promised, etc.. Rus is actually pretty capable guy, we all know what he's doing and he's doing it good. Shady Dann Fry operations are notning like that.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I see the OP did a good search and found several connections... Time for popcorn?

• @prometeus said: Time for popcorn?

You are too late.
    I already ate all of them.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Spirit said: Dann Fry provide great service? :)

I've still got an IonVM VPS, it's C.R.A.P.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Infinity said: I've still got an IonVM VPS, it's C.R.A.P.

That's very unfortunate as it's rare if not only case where we know that he really sold company, who bough it and buyer (Jag) have actually established name in hosting industry. I saw some negative reviews recently which surprised me as I thought that atleast this time thing will end well for ex Dann Fry customers.

• @ElliotJ said: I don't see the huge problem with pump-dump companies, so long as the people the company is dumped onto are competent.

I take issue with the lack of ethics. If his sole purpose is to simply resell the company, what's to stop him from making the few extra bucks by selling a name/addr/phone list, as well?

I for one tend to terminate contracts when my provider looks to sell my information to a third party.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Aldryic@ So funny, you 're talking about Ethics?

• Yup, I sure am.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited April 2012

@bill32 said: Okay, I think the response from VPS6net's staff has been satisfactory. Seeing that their legal registration exists puts me in a much better mood.

From a products standpoint, they provide great service for an amazing value. I've had them for about 2-3 months and they've been very professional (except for one accidental deletion of my VPS...needless to say I have an hourly backup system now). But in total, their services and customer support have been great.

The reason I think many of us got concerned is that the nature of the web hosting industry can be very confusing and sometimes shady. VPS6net definitely doesn't act like that at all, but it is important to be careful for "to good to be true." It helps to be a little cautious.

But, bottom line: VPS6net has really good VPSs, great prices, and a good legal standing. So I'm going to keep using them! Doesn't look like a Donn Fry scam.

Thanks for your support, @bill32. I would agree that everyone should be cautious when choosing a service company to work with, not just where VPS6.NET, LP is concerned, and not just where web hosting is concerned -- it is never a bad thing to be diligent!

Again, for anyone interested in verifying the legal standing of VPS6.NET, LP, our filing information is available for public review: https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=L220436

@quirkyquark said: Apart from some network hiccups and that their Xen HVM service isn't ready for prime time yet, I've been very happy with my VPS6.net XenPV so far.

We will be working hard to expand and improve our platform in coming months. You will see many aspects of our service change for the better, but VPS6.NET, LP's ownership will not be one of them. You have my promise!

• @vps6net - so.. you are Dan/Dann/Donn Fry, or you have no affiliation with him?

• dnomdnom Member

@vps6net said: This was actually brought to my attention by this thread. I'm looking into the issue with WebHostingTalk's moderation team now. I do not know the identities of Donn Fry, Don Fry, Brian Combs, or any of the other names listed here.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

He seems to have been fairly clear in saying that he doesn't know the guy. Doesn't say much in itself but...vps is still running super fast ;)