Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helping providers out regarding resources
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Helping providers out regarding resources

I just received an email from a green minded VPS about sustainable technology.

I sign up for a lot of VPS purely based on their price and a basic level of reliability. These may range from 64MB to 1GB, 2GB of space to 100GB of space etc.

Is it helpful if a customer says "I only really need 64MB memory, 64MB swap, 2GB space, minimal CPU". I don't mind if the extra capacity is then resold, after all... if it makes their business model more sustainable then it makes my VPS stay there.

I'm not sure whether it's something the average VPS provider can take advantage of, as I've never used WHMCS or whichever software they use... and obviously each provider has varying levels of know-how.

Comments

• BinaryLaneBinaryLane Member, Host Rep

If its OpenVZ then generally its already sold on basis of being able to share the resources; otherwise there's no real way to give back the resources short of making you a custom plan.