Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VPS was mistakenly canceled? Have important data, forget backup, will be able to recover the data
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VPS was mistakenly canceled? Have important data, forget backup, will be able to recover the data

Unfortunately, VPS was I canceled, there is also data that can be restored?

Comments

• BradBrad Member

And that's why you always backup your data, no matter how important.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

Ask your host, not us. There's no way for us, readers, to know if your host have backups and if, how long they store them.

• iSidleiSidle Member
    edited March 2014

@superbaby said:
    Unfortunately, VPS was I canceled, there is also data that can be restored?

Would you mind telling us the provider/asking the provider? And is it suspended or Canceled? If it's canceled, it's gone.

• @iSidle said:
    Would you mind telling us the provider/asking the provider? And is it suspended or Canceled? If it's canceled, it's gone.

www.aquanx.com

VPS is canceled, the need to restore data

• @superbaby said:
    VPS is canceled, the need to restore data

Unless they make backups of the servers, your data is gone.

• As Spirit said it is a question that solely your host can answer.

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:
    As Spirit said it is a question that solely your host can answer.

I would guess no...

It is the user's responsibility to have backups of their data at all times.

>
    http://www.aquanx.com/tos/

• That doesnt mean they dont have a backup. Only the host can answer the OP's question.

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:
    That doesnt mean they dont have a backup. Only the host can answer the OP's question.

Thats why I said guess; but typically if a host does offer backups there is something in the ToS saying that a client shouldn't rely on the providers backups and to additionall take their own which they do not mention.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

A ToS (and everything else really) should always mention that the user is responsible for backups and they should take them even in case of managed servers, in situations like user sharing credentials with a disgruntled admin or friend, there is no way for the host to know who cancelled the service, there might be a problem with the payment getting through, also, for example. Data loss can occur even for the best, then it is a matter of how recent the backup was, there are some people doing CDP of sorts, but even so, the data can become corrupt by other means, such as hacking and you may never know without expensive audits how far back it went, there can be a lot of scenarios when the user should have own backups at least from time to time.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

I often ignore some things that afterwards I said forget, God! I actually have procrastination disease.

• akzakz Member

lol host isnt even on this forum .. painful to read

• Very sorry to hear about your situation. Please let us know if you were able to retrieve your information. It may have been cancelled, but not actually terminated. Many host have a XX hour hold on a server after cancellation before terminating the actual VPS. You may have a chance to save your data.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

My magic ball says it's gone

Thanked by 2chauffer iSidle
  • I still remember the day a SolusVM 0-day exploit came out, and someone used it and erased all VPSes from my VPS provider. "Prevention is better than cure", don't forget to make backups from now on.