Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 123com broken ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is 123com broken ?

cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
edited April 2012 in General

Bought a yearly vps from them. SLA is 1-12 hours delivery but no news from them.
Opened ticket and msg-ed leyton, nothing.

Not sure what's going on, according to their twitter they seem to be having some sort trouble.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"Hosting should be easy. You shouldn't have to experience downtime, or poor customer service."

I'm not sure what to make of a company named 123com.org :-) Maybe 123org.com was taken.

Thanked by 1imagine
  • Lol best reply ever

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited April 2012

just an update:

Got fucked by leyton on my order. Invoice paid but according to them something was broken and the system miscalculated some pricing and therefore am holding my order and is forcing me to pay extra £100 GBP to proceed with my order.

Great. So i requested a refund, and all he did was credit me and generate a new invoice still forcing me to pay extra £100 GBP by 25th and failure to do so will further incur another £25 GBP. At this point i request to have the invoice cancelled but he refuses.

I feel fucked by leyton, my service was not delivered but further forces me to pay extra. someone shed some light into this scenario. I am pissed.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Just state clearly that you want to be refunded, not credited, as you no longer desire to obtain service with them. If they refuse, or ignore your plea for more than a few days, open a dispute.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • Why do you feel fucked? You payed and received no service - you have enough justification to charge back.

• yes, i did state clearly i want a full refund but they are forcing the credit into a new invoice which i cannot cancel at all. They are not willing the cancel the invoice as well that's why i feel fucked by leyton.

• So do what @rds100 said: chargeback/dispute.

• @rds100 said: Why do you feel fucked? You payed and received no service - you have enough justification to charge back.

I am charging back through paypal at this moment. He keeps on insisting that it is not his fault on his end.

• damnit leyton i am disappointed

• imagineimagine Member
    edited April 2012

@ComsicGate,

As we discussed in our email conversation - I believe there has been some misreading along the way.

For whichever reason, your account did not get correctly charged for the additional IPs you requested - and as such your order was invalid and our system did not continue with the activation process. A log was made for billing staff, however they only operate business hours, weekdays.

When you brought the issue to escalations, we made you aware of the issue, and made the changes to your invoices to allow you to complete the setup of your VPS, as your initial questions were targeted at the non-setup rather than a refund.

Company policy is to refund all payments on the 1st of each month - other than in extenuating circumstances (eg: fraud). This was relayed in our recent email conversation, and I believe we are now mutually happy with the refund as scheduled.

Do feel free to let me know if this is no longer the case.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Leyton Reed

• Leyton and i have come to an agreement. I'm still getting his KVM and he's willing to throw in a -5 discount for all the drama over the weekend.

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand LET helps broker another peace agreement. Very glad to see @123COM be so proactive.

Now If only we could get Israel and Palestine to start visiting LET.... :P

Thanked by 1dancom96
  • @quirkyquark said: Now If only we could get Israel and Palestine to start visiting LET.... :P

Ahaha lol on that