Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host1Plus - 1TB bandwidth in South Africa for 2$/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host1Plus - 1TB bandwidth in South Africa for 2$/month

MuZoMuZo Member
edited March 2014 in General

New! VPS in South Africa

HOST1PLUS has launched a new VPS Hosting location in Johannesburg, South Africa, to ensure lower latency and greater stability for users in all African region!

Same plans and prices apply for this location: http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/

EDIT:

I'm not related to Host1Plus in any form, published this as 1TB in ZA for 2$ is not that common.

test IP: 154.127.61.2

Comments

• 1TB Bandwidth in SOUTH AFRICA?

much wow

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

1TB in Germany for 2$? Never

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • @Infinity580 said:
    1TB in Germany for 2$? Never

Well, you've to pay $1 each additionally per month to have Tun/Tap, Nat or PPP enabled. So to have a real VPS you'll pay $5 in the end. Sounds quite normal to me then.

Thanked by 1World
  • I remember they used to offer unlimited bandwidth on Host1Free... Now it's 500GB's, and that's still a pretty good amount.

Do they even enforce that cap?

• Someone got a test ip from their live chat?

• WorldWorld Veteran

Hehe,if you want to enable PPP and TAP/TUN,you need to pay extra fees.

• mnthmnth Member

network speed 15 mbit

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited March 2014

Well certainly very cheap! The Level1 plan is quite cheap as well! :)

Though not many will cross the initially allocated BW space!

Visualization type, Any idea??

EDIT: Got it, OpenVZ.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@skagerrak said:
    Well, you've to pay $1 each additionally per month to have Tun/Tap, Nat or PPP enabled. So to have a real VPS you'll pay $5 in the end. Sounds quite normal to me then.

So in fact,it's not cheap.

• @World said:
    So in fact,it's not cheap.

How so? If you don't need Tun/Tap, Nat or PPP, it's certainly very cheap. Even if, $5 for a VPS in Africa with 1TB is still a great deal.

• mnthmnth Member

we need test ip :))))

• test ip please

• Speed test plöx

• MuZoMuZo Member

edited thread with test IP (got permission from H1P to post it)

Thanked by 1roykem
  • i heard they over sell

• I had one from brazil and from south africa aswell. The main reason that i do not recommend them is the nodes are very slow. And they're not advertising that the port speed is limited to 15Mbps. So theres the catch. I have cancelled btw.

• @pbalazs123 can you install pptp vpn on their openvz server?

• For extra fee, yes.

• @MuZo openvz vps support setup pptp vpn?

• MuZoMuZo Member

@ttsaon said:
    MuZo openvz vps support setup pptp vpn?

not sure since I've never used pptp, but I think you have to buy the addons PPP and NAT, +1$/month each.

• Really not a bad against competitors.. just wonder if they add more exotic locations further..

• I would raver like more normal countries in EU.

• iSkyiSky Member

i read the review from another thread, the line is only 15-20Mbps.....

• @iSky - Probably is impossible get 1Tb BW with 100Mbps or 1Gbps on these locations.. SAR providers offered only 10-50Gb BW on 100 Mbps :-) China has only 1 Mbps..unmetered for example, so far not a bad offer..

• iSkyiSky Member

@fitvpn yeah, so it seems not worthed to pay $2 except you're doing some project that not required high speed

• @iSky - For personal VPN just fine, these exotic locations used most time exactly for these purposes :)

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited March 2014

I just ordered one in South Africa. 512MB RAM for $20/6 months. Definitely a great deal if you ask me. I got none of the extras, because I first want to test it. I'll definitely let you guys know how it works out.

If it's good, I'll get one in Brazil as well. Can't beat these prices in those locations (well, maybe a DO or Vultr can, but I haven't seen it yet).

• iSkyiSky Member

@mpkossen yeah, please tag me when you already have a review of it, i'm curious how good the network will be, as the benchmark of server, i already view it and running well

• Just wonder about folks who bought VPS for 2$ and start check port speed, I/O performance etc than consider -not a good as my dedi in EU.. just wake up :)

• @iSky said:
    mpkossen yeah, please tag me when you already have a review of it, i'm curious how good the network will be, as the benchmark of server, i already view it and running well

Here's the ServerBear benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/03/24/mFvm5geFpCfgpt1B. Uplink is indeed capped at 15Mbps, but it seems to download at max speed from most locations. All things considered (price, location), it's really not that bad. If this were a USA location, I'd probably be disappointed. But with these results, I may very well get one in Brazil as well!