Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Not Marking Paid Invoices As Paid Automatically
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Not Marking Paid Invoices As Paid Automatically

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hello, I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Everytime someone renews/buys a service from me, WHMCS does NOT automatically mark the invoice as paid.. Instead, it makes me mark it as paid manually. I have cronjob setup once a day.. Could you tell me how to fix this?

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

I have seen some issues with this as well if people use PayPal subscriptions

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Jeffrey,

Are they being paid via Echeque? If so once the cheque clears it will mark the invoice paid. The other thing to look at is ensuring that you have the correct API settings within Paypal/other payment processors to ensure the messages are getting sent back to WHMCS.

• @Jeffrey this is not a whmcs support forum. why don't you contact them?

• @CVPS_Chris I have disabled the "PayPal Subscribe" button because of potential conflicts.. The only option I allow is "Check Out". And @httpzoom the only payment I allow is through PayPal.

Login to Paypal > Profile > Instant Payment Notification preferences and make sure the Notification URL is your WHMCS url and that this is enabled.

• Are they showing up in your gateway log?

• @httpzoom, I have read Online and it looks like I have to enable IPN, which you have suggested. Anyways, I do not see IPN on my profile page, does it matter if my PayPal Account is "Personal" or not? Do I have to sign up for IPN?

Jeffrey, I'm pretty sure you cannot do IPN on a personal account.

• laaevlaaev Member

Yes; IPN requires a business account.

• @httpzoom Should I sign up for a Premier account or a business account?

• Nevermind.. I got IPN enabled and switched to a Premier account. @FTN_Kevin

Jeffrey,

Either would work.

• @httpzoom, I would make the Notification URL http://chromiumhosting.com/portal, is this correct?

• @OneTwo said: @Jeffrey this is not a whmcs support forum. why don't you contact them?

• @OneTwo Well, it would be pretty much pointless to do that now that I am getting help from people here.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited April 2012

@OneTwo said: @OneTwo said: @Jeffrey this is not a whmcs support forum. why don't you contact them?

Give him a break.

This is also not a DownloadHelper Firefox plugin support forum either.

Your point was again?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

@OneTwo said: @Jeffrey this is not a whmcs support forum. why don't you contact them?

This isn't a PHP/Zend support forum, nor is it Hypocrites Anonymous.

Edit: Nate beat me to it :P

• @NateN34 said: This is also not a DownloadHelper Firefox plugin support forum either.

I never asked for DownloadHelper support.

@Aldryic said: nor is it Hypocrites Anonymous.

It's not a g*y pony forum too.

Jeffrey,

Correct.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

I believe the word you're after is 'gay'. Not 'Gandy', nor 'gastericky'. Additionally, that 'too' should be ', either'.

Now, if we could just find a way to if(!mature()) { die(); } before you speak :P

• IPN is now enabled! Fingers Crossed Let's hope this solves the issue! /me continues to smoke his stuff. xD

• Yep, start again.. @Aldryic VS @OneTwo Deathmatch now S07E17

• @NanoG6 - Nah, I believe I've said all I needed to there.

@Jeffrey - There is the (rather rare) instance in which PayPal's API will actually blacklist or filter an IP. If you continue to have issues, it'd be worth contacting them directly to confirm.

• Hi guys isn't it dangerous to have ipn enabled on whmcs? So if a hacker hacks your whmcs he gets your paypal as well through the linked API right?

• @Aldryic said: Additionally, that 'too' should be ', either'.

yeah you see I'm not a native speaker.

• @cosmicgate It shouldn't be because the hacker has no way of finding out your PayPal password via WHMCS. You can always disable IPN in Paypal. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

• @OneTwo said: yeah you see I'm not a native speaker.

Neither am I. Pусский, Française, English, [...]. In that order.

@cosmicgate said: Hi guys isn't it dangerous to have ipn enabled on whmcs? So if a hacker hacks your whmcs he gets your paypal as well through the linked API right?

Not exactly. You can have the IPN setup to be one-way only (ie - PayPal sends the transaction data to you, but your admins cannot initiate refund/etc). WHMCS also doesn't hold the PayPal login info.

To be honest, if your WHMCS is compromised, your highest priority should be your clients. Securing their data, and preventing any compromise into their VMs/services.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

6 threads in one day.... ¬_¬
    Even I miss Shane

/offtopic

Thanked by 2Aldryic Jeffrey
  • Well, I got a new order last night and it STILL isn't marking the invoices as "Paid" when PayPal receives the payment. Any ideas?

• @Jeffrey said: Well, I got a new order last night and it STILL isn't marking the invoices as "Paid" when PayPal receives the payment. Any ideas?

@Aldryic said: There is the (rather rare) instance in which PayPal's API will actually blacklist or filter an IP. If you continue to have issues, it'd be worth contacting them directly to confirm.