Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any cloud storage that allow us using our own domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any cloud storage that allow us using our own domain?

I am finding any filehosting or cloud storage that allow me to setup my own domain so, I can point people to my domain and download the files

Comments

• wychwych Member

No aware of any large scale solutions such as Dropbox doign it.

Why not get a storage VPS and install a file/cloud manager?

• tchentchen Member

S3

• Wat is S3 lol?

• @psycholyzern said:
    I am finding any filehosting or cloud storage that allow me to setup my own domain so, I can point people to my domain and download the files

Owncloud

• JakJak Member

i have to recommend http://pyd.io/ you can share files in a minisite format or public download page

• If you want cloud storage I can setup ownCloud and upto 500GB for a decent price. Send me a PM.

• @infected said:
    Wat is S3 lol?

Amazon's Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

You mean like Droplr?

• javajjavaj Member

Amazon S3 is easy, just make a dns record pointing from your domain to the url of your bucket.

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited March 2014

@wych said:
    No aware of any large scale solutions such as Dropbox doign it.

I am aware there are man cloud storage available.. but Im searching for any of them that allow me to use my own domain to redirect to the file to be downloaded..
    It is pretty large list to be checked one by one, so I asked here :)

Why not get a storage VPS and install a file/cloud manager?

I just want to take precationary step. because last time Im doing that, I reinstalled that server without remembering that Im storing files on the server..

• The only way your going to get to use your own domain with the popular service is by paying for the enterprise solutions which is usually $1000+/pm.

It'll be easier to do it yourself. As I said above I can do this for you using ownCloud, Pydio or Seafile.

• amazon seems pretty good for me

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

With the new storage prices for special large disks, iwstack might do, just get a small instance with big storage, prices are 3.6 Cents per GB a month for redundant HA failover instances with decent IO.

• wychwych Member

@Maounique said:
    With the new storage prices for special large disks, iwstack might do, just get a small instance with big storage, prices are 3.6 Cents per GB a month for redundant HA failover instances with decent IO.

You mean the NFS storage?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

No, NFS storage is not accessible directly, only when you mount ISO, take snapshots or make templates, they go there automatically, it is another type of SAN storage, FC and all. We will add more types of storage still.

wych said: You mean the NFS storage?

• wychwych Member

@Maounique said:
    No, NFS storage is not accessible directly, only when you mount ISO, take snapshots or make templates, they go there automatically, it is another type of SAN storage, FC and all. We will add more types of storage still.

Ok, was just curious based on the description of ISO, snapshots etc. if it could be used.