Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free email service which allows custom domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any free email service which allows custom domain?

I want to use my domain to set my personal email address. Kindly suggest any other service which you have ever came across.

I currently using live.com's free service.

Comments

• Google APPS Engine - Not free anymore (?)

Zoho Corporate Mail - Still great for mail

Outlook - Apparently supports your own domains

There are lots of options.

• GoodHosting said: Google APPS Engine - Not free anymore (?)

Yes, they entirely stopped the free offer last year. Even though there was still a way to get a single email address for a custom domain, not sure though if even this is still possible.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited March 2014

GoodHosting said: Zoho Corporate Mail - Still great for mail

Will try this out :)

• Big fan of Zoho free email for domains. Comes with 5 emails free, up to 20 free via their invite a friend campaign.

• wychwych Member

@TheKiller said:
    I currently using live.com's free service.

@TheKiller said:

I am using live.com, let me know how you get on with Zoho?

• akzakz Member

whats wrong with the live.com's offering?

• LazzeLazze Member

I use domains.live.com. It is the best free email service I have used so far, everything seems to run smoothly. The webmail client is great, and although it arguably has fewer features than Google Apps, it does what I need my email to do.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TheKiller: Its better to go with Zoho rather than going with outlook.com via live.com using custom domain option, the problem is day by day its getting slower, also there is nothing called as support. But in Zoho you will get a support if something goes wrong, its free upto 5GB of storage and with 5 user ids, but the restriction is you can use only one domain per account.

We are using Zoho for quite long time its fantastic service, sometimes the imap/ SMTP clogs and if you use mail clients like outlook or Thunderbird the connection will be delayed, other than that its a nice service.

• programer said: programer

Hmm tempting one :)

• akz said: whats wrong with the live.com's offering?

You should always have options. Who know when MS change mind like Google. :-p

• For me, I would rather go for Google Apps Standard edition as we still can get with few bucks by buying it's grandfather domain. The reason I favour Google Apps is its rich feature and storage capacity of 15 GB. I found some are selling in this forum with the following rate.

50 users - $23
    100 users - $30
    200 users - $40
    500 users - $100

• Why not forward to Google, and then use the Send As Alias?

• neroux said: Yes, they entirely stopped the free offer last year. Even though there was still a way to get a single email address for a custom domain, not sure though if even this is still possible.

The workaround was also killed. I am so happy for my 10 free account.

If you buy a domain through Gandi they give you email storage.

• i use live.com, it does support custom domain

• mxroute.com :) excellent service!

• dobuzdobuz Member

@eric1212 said:
    Why not forward to Google, and then use the Send As Alias?

You still need email hosting to be able to setup 'send as alias' in gmail. Plus inbox to be able to receive email.

• i use microsoft : ) google does not allow it free anymore so dont bother with google

• Anyone have tried namecheap email hosting offer? $9.88/year seems a good deal...

• @Anomaly NameCheap works great but you cannot create more than one alias with the cheapest plan. Rackspace mail services rock! :)

• Gandi used to have unlimited aliases for free, not any more. Unfortunately this caused a huge amount of spam. Although I am sure that you can ask for more for free.

• cassacassa Member

Check domains.live.com, 500 free accounts and webmail is Outlook.com

• I have a service for a few of my clients that accepts mail for your domain, but forwards the mail to another domain or email address. You could use gmail in conjunction with this, and just add an outbound email address so that emails look like they're coming from your domain. I can set you up if you want to try it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Another vote for live.com, if you can put up with (IMO unobtrusive) ads, it's a great little service.

• @cassa said:
    Check domains.live.com, 500 free accounts and webmail is Outlook.com

They are giving out max 50 free accounts now. No more 500.

• Zoho is great

• kerouackerouac Member
    edited April 2014

Yandex also offers free email hosting for your domains, it's pretty unlimited I think. However I'm not sure if there's an English site.

It's also a plus for tinfoil hat guys who'd rather be tracked by the FSB (KGB) than the NSA.

Turkish Yandex Corporate Mail: https://kurum.yandex.com.tr/domains_add/

Russian Yandex Corporate Mail: https://pdd.yandex.ru/domains_add/

Maybe it would automatically route you to English site if you visit from English-speaking country, but I couldn't find it. You can use Google Translate or Yandex Translate to check it out in your language. Or I can help you sign up via Turkish one.

Mail hosted in Russia.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • What about using that Windows Live Services or something OutLook?

• 0xdragon said: mxroute.com :) excellent service!

Seems like their free service is out of stock :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@smile93 said:
    They are giving out max 50 free accounts now. No more 500.

Yeah, but you can ask them for more space for free.

Also, a good thing vs GApps is the exchange service, Google stopped using it for free accounts; obviously live domains has it

This discussion has been closed.