Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS response time testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS response time testing

Hi, I tried to find a good free website to check DNS resolution times for a domain from various locations around the world. Including the options to select regions/continents. Not found a good one yet. Hence I started to make one:
http://pingdemo.cloudaccess.net/

I created the option for ping testing also. Although there are some websites available for that but I am adding more features to it. That includes a history of tests for registered members.

Current results on this site are just for demo. I am looking for VPS companies to sponsor my website. I will add their link with each result row. A low end VPS will be fine for us with 1 core and >= 256 MB of RAM.

I've a partner .php developer and we have plans to add more features like querying authoritative DNS servers directly to avoid results appearing from cache. This would be a great feature for the users of commercial DNS services. Users will be able to easily compare them.

A lot of things in my mind but let's first see, if people are willing to help.

Best,
A.Rasheed.